Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Basal metabolic rhythm. It's the theoretical amount of caloric intake you would need for survival with absolutely NO activity (i.e. a comatose state.) Depending on what medical issues you may have and which equation you use, it could be off as much as 300-500 calories in either direction, let alone the activity multiplier.
    Idk, I just don't worry about. It's enough having to figure out macros and crap without this weighing on me.
    Georgette

Comment

• Bah. If not worrying about the calorie count works for you, don't sweat it. I use my Fitbit for my allowable daily calories and adjust my macros from there, but then again, I'm an engineer. I live to tweak/ fix things.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm with IcarianVX. I use my Basal Metabolic Rate to make sure I am eating enough. Mine is 1742. 2400 with light activity. I eat around that 1700 number, but on heavier workout days, or during my period I sometimes allow myself to eat up to the higher number. This extra information helps me. I have a Go Wear Fit. The calorie burn numbers that it reports for my body agree with the BMR calculators.

It may be unnecessary information, but I do not believe it is CW BS as I have heard some intimate on MDA. Nor is "Starvation Mode". I have found that, if I don't feed my body enough, it won't release weight.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• All good information and I am very impressed! Don't give up! You are doing wonderful!

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          Feb Week 1 I lost 1/2 a pound this week, 1 inch and .3% body fat. This week was all about my eating disorder. I survived a combo of my period, a cold, personal stress and 4 days of severe binge issues.

I learned the following:
          *It is OK to eat to the top of my calorie range if I need to.
          *Keep that fat high (80% goal)
          *Sleep is more important than most of us understand
          *L-glutamine really does help the brain stop Jonesing for carbs.
          *Once the above happens, then I am only dealing with desire. I am stronger than my desires. 23 days clean.
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Well, first screw up today. Added 5 oz of left over meatloaf to my breaky and then took wife out to Cora's for lunch. Blew my calorie intake. Actually....I'm about even, because MFP has it figured for me to lose 2 lbs a week. Think I'm over about the amount they want me under, if that makes sense?

Tomorrow will have to make up for it.

As far as exercise...I heard making wild passionate love is like jogging ten miles. Anyone heard of that? Maybe I should run a marathon later.......LMAO
            55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
            Chest; 41.5
            Waist; 42
            Hips; 40
            Thigh; 22.5
            Calf; 15
            Bicep: 13
            Forearm; 11.5
            Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
            Chest; 42
            Waist; 42.5
            Hips; 39
            Thigh; 23
            Calf; 15
            Bicep: 13
            Forearm; 11.5
            Neck; 16

Comment

• Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
              for those not following me on mfp, i am getting close to my first goal. 5 pounds lost in 2 weeks, at 303.2 now. first mini goal is >300lb, so im getting there!

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Thanks valmason01. I am fine with the progress this week. I ate clean and lost a little. How are you doing?
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I (re) lost 1.5 pounds. Since I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds since Christmas I am not too excited. Trying to stay off the scale daily. I have become a bit obsessive. Still feel exhausted all the time but trying to be patient and stick with what I am doing for a month to see if it helps. Thanks for asking!

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Thanks valmason01. I am fine with the progress this week. I ate clean and lost a little. How are you doing?

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• oh that sounds good!! I hope the farmers market has brussel sprouts tomorrow. Congrats on your week!!! Gettng past those humps are always so wonderful!!

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                    Us yankee chicks love the bacon grease too!!! Roasted brussels sprouts!!!!

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Anyone know what time of day to test for blood ketones? My monitor and strips arrived!

Megan

Comment

• Originally posted by mks8500 View Post
                        Anyone know what time of day to test for blood ketones? My monitor and strips arrived!

Megan
                        No. You will be the pioneer on this one. Good Luck!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Hello ladies. I will be rejoining you next week, sharing recipes and ideas. Unfortunately, I got lost on the anxiety trail and will be spending the weekend following the crumbs back to preparation and surrender. I will have some clean up to do, but such is life. It is a twisty, windy road, but good all the same.
                          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Kymma View Post
                            Hello ladies. I will be rejoining you next week, sharing recipes and ideas. Unfortunately, I got lost on the anxiety trail and will be spending the weekend following the crumbs back to preparation and surrender. I will have some clean up to do, but such is life. It is a twisty, windy road, but good all the same.
                            Good job Kymma. Gotta pick yourself up and get back on the horse. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say I hit my fat goal today. Felt like a treat so I melted some butter, coconut oil, and some of the cream off the top of the can of coconut milk, added some raw cacao and stirred it all up. I let it get too hot so the milk separated some but I poured it over a few dark chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Put in the fridge and while it didn't turn into the ganache or bark I planned it was pretty tasty. All I had to do was stir it a little. It was sort of in between bark and ganache. But quite good. I don't use sweeteners but it seemed very sweet to me, I guess from the coconut milk. I ate half the amount I made so probably 4 tablespoons of fat LOL. I didn't measure the coconut milk fat so not exactly sure. I guess I can measure what it left and figure it out pretty easily. Should have thought of weighing when I ate it. I think it will end up accounting for lunch and dinner as I am still full hours after eating it. Not sure how many nutrients were in there but it was a fun treat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
                                I think it's safe to say I hit my fat goal today. Felt like a treat so I melted some butter, coconut oil, and some of the cream off the top of the can of coconut milk, added some raw cacao and stirred it all up. I let it get too hot so the milk separated some but I poured it over a few dark chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Put in the fridge and while it didn't turn into the ganache or bark I planned it was pretty tasty. All I had to do was stir it a little. It was sort of in between bark and ganache. But quite good. I don't use sweeteners but it seemed very sweet to me, I guess from the coconut milk. I ate half the amount I made so probably 4 tablespoons of fat LOL. I didn't measure the coconut milk fat so not exactly sure. I guess I can measure what it left and figure it out pretty easily. Should have thought of weighing when I ate it. I think it will end up accounting for lunch and dinner as I am still full hours after eating it. Not sure how many nutrients were in there but it was a fun treat.
                                Sounds delish! I made Keto hot cocoa for supper(just me tonight), just for the calories. Not HUNGRY. It was very good. My macros for the day are:
                                Fat 77%
                                Protein 15 % (whoops)
                                Carbs 8%(before fiber)
                                Calories- 1149..I know, I know...
                                37 yof
                                5'9

Macros:
                                70% fat
                                20% protein
                                10% net carbs
                                1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish