Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adavison View Post
    No dairy for me..Causes way too many cravings and weight to bounce up. I use CO in my coffee insead of HWC. I make a cup of coffee, add 1 tablespoon refined CO, and whip it up in my Ninja. Delish. Tastes just like a yummy coffee from Starbucks. Very frothy and creamy. I like to fry my chicken thighs in bacon fat. You know, no good southern girl would NEVER get rid of her bacon drippings. It's liquid GOLD! This would add fat into your diet as well.
    Us yankee chicks love the bacon grease too!!! Roasted brussels sprouts!!!!
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
      Us yankee chicks love the bacon grease too!!! Roasted brussels sprouts!!!!
      Nom, nom, nom!
      37 yof
      5'9

Macros:
      70% fat
      20% protein
      10% net carbs
      1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
      CW:171
      GW:155

Comment

• Originally posted by Shyloh View Post
        Just wanted to check in again...

I have been following this thread and I just want to say that you all are doing fabulous!

I also wanted to update you on my progress...I've lost another pound,so I'm almost at my goal!

I gotta admit,I was afraid of eating more fat,I was always led to believe that fat was the enemy!

Not anymore!

your progress is awesome!

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
        Thx for the advice - what is HWC (love the pickle idea too) ? And how long does usually take to be in ketosis.
        As Jenn said its heavy whipping cream However if the HWC causes tummy trouble you might look at coconut milk and as was suggested possible coconut oil (although, you may have to get used to an oil slick). Pickles and green/kalamata olives kill sweet cravings for me!! Although to be honest, I have not had many sweet cravings. Oh, also, I bought some cocoa nibs. They are roasted cocoa beans in small pieces. They are not sweet but have a chocolate flavor (I grind them and use like coffee) but a little nib meets that craving too.

As for ketosis, it has taken a solid week to get into moderate ketosis. I am working for deep ketosis.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I wasn't sure if ya'll knew about these, but wanted to post the link just in case.

ChocoPerfection Bars

I ate them the first four weeks of eating primal and lost about 8-9 pounds. I am still eating them on Primal/LCHF. First weigh in is tomorrow so we shall see. I just eat about 1 piece a day.
          Last edited by adavison; 02-08-2013, 12:12 PM.
          37 yof
          5'9

Macros:
          70% fat
          20% protein
          10% net carbs
          1300-1500 calories

Comment

• In the recipe group on the first page there is a discussion with 2 links to websites with suggestions for healthy fat ideas for NK. In the group there is also a recipe for a non-dairy primal cream that is fantastic.

Dr. Atkins book says it can take as long as 6 weeks of no cheating for some to get into ketosis.

I do dairy, HWC, cream cheese, gouda, so far it doesn't seem to trigger anything.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

I wasn't sure if ya'll knew about these, but wanted to post the link just in case.

ChocoPerfection Bars

I ate them the first four weeks of eating primal and lost about 8-9 pounds. I am still eating them on Primal/LCHF. First weigh in is tomorrow so we shall see. I just eat about 1 piece a day.
              what the heck is Oligiofructose??
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

No dairy for me..Causes way too many cravings and weight to bounce up. I use CO in my coffee insead of HWC. I make a cup of coffee, add 1 tablespoon refined CO, and whip it up in my Ninja. Delish. Tastes just like a yummy coffee from Starbucks. Very frothy and creamy. I like to fry my chicken thighs in bacon fat. You know, no good southern girl would EVER get rid of her bacon drippings. It's liquid GOLD! This would add fat into your diet as well.

Also, one other thing. For me..I do use 1 tablespoon of liquid creamer in my first cup of joe in the morning. Non-dariy and lactose free. I know..it has sugar...but I count the carbs and keep carbs in my range.(5%) The CO coffee is for my "to go" mug in the morning.
                Great thx - another question (sorry been away to long) what is CO - coconut oil??
                Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
                SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                GW: 130lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  I eat dairy all the time. It doesn't seem to bother me like it does for most other than it causes mucous but at this point, I deal with it ok. Grains and sugar seem to be my biggest triggers.
                  +1

Restarted the journey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                    Great thx - another question (sorry been away to long) what is CO - coconut oil??
                    Yes, I use refined to omit the coconut taste.

homeontherange Oligofructose is a natural sweetner derived from plant fibers.
                    Last edited by adavison; 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM.
                    37 yof
                    5'9

Macros:
                    70% fat
                    20% protein
                    10% net carbs
                    1300-1500 calories

Comment

• Karin, I don't know but it promotes the "excretion of toxins" and that doesn't sound pleasant!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        your progress is awesome!

As Jenn said its heavy whipping cream However if the HWC causes tummy trouble you might look at coconut milk and as was suggested possible coconut oil (although, you may have to get used to an oil slick). Pickles and green/kalamata olives kill sweet cravings for me!! Although to be honest, I have not had many sweet cravings. Oh, also, I bought some cocoa nibs. They are roasted cocoa beans in small pieces. They are not sweet but have a chocolate flavor (I grind them and use like coffee) but a little nib meets that craving too.

As for ketosis, it has taken a solid week to get into moderate ketosis. I am working for deep ketosis.
                        Think my biggest problem is my hormonal inbalance - haven't had TOM since March last year :-( Would jump for joy to get it again (stopped taking the PIL after the cyst was removed in March on oviary - as big as a tennis ball) mmmmmm

Restarted the journey:

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          In the recipe group on the first page there is a discussion with 2 links to websites with suggestions for healthy fat ideas for NK. In the group there is also a recipe for a non-dairy primal cream that is fantastic.

Dr. Atkins book says it can take as long as 6 weeks of no cheating for some to get into ketosis.

I do dairy, HWC, cream cheese, gouda, so far it doesn't seem to trigger anything.
                          Still can't find the link.....been on the websit for 2 days.

Restarted the journey:

Comment

• Oligofructose supplies the body with friendly bacteria that aids digestion

Hmmm. Did not know this but could be one reason why I don't suffer from "bathroom issues." Yes, please..more chocolate.
                            37 yof
                            5'9

Macros:
                            70% fat
                            20% protein
                            10% net carbs
                            1300-1500 calories

Comment

• @Lizard CO is coconut oil.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                Well, if that is not a ringing endorsement of this WOE I don't know what is. Start printing up posters.
                                You guys are cracking me up.

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                                Still can't find the link.....been on the websit for 2 days.
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ussion935.html

Comment

Working...
                                X