Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hey, adavison, I got your request. I looked on my phone after seeing your note and it wasn't there. Just logged into MFP on the computer and there you were!
    Yay!
    37 yof
    5'9

Macros:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10% net carbs
    1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
    CW:171
    GW:155

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      I guess I'm finally in ketosis. My mouth tastes like a goblin miner took a giant coppery shit in it.
      I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.... or I would have pre-nasal drip....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard View Post
        Thx - any suggestions to stop cravings late at night?? (Weak point) - Since this is my first week back, I feel a bit low on energy, so have only been doing intervals (walk/jog/sprints) and not much intense exercise like weights. Guess that is normal while your body adjust.
        taking a cue from Demuralist, in the evenings I like hot tea with HWC and butter. Kills cravings. Of course so does a pickle

Originally posted by geostump View Post
        Same here. Maybe we could get the goblins from The Hobbit to star in the endorsements.
        LOL.. I am in moderate ketosis and have not noticed the mouth. Of course, I am a listerine girl! LOL
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          LOL.. I am in moderate ketosis and have not noticed the mouth. Of course, I am a listerine girl! LOL
          I have been extra mindful and conscious of my breath... I can tell by the taste of my mouth that it's got to be attrocious! Last night during class was the worst! I developed cotton mouth and had nothing to drink... even *I* was offended by my breath... *sigh*
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

I have been extra mindful and conscious of my breath... I can tell by the taste of my mouth that it's got to be attrocious! Last night during class was the worst! I developed cotton mouth and had nothing to drink... even *I* was offended by my breath... *sigh*
            LOL! Oh my!! Listerine comes in little bottles too
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Just wanted to check in again...

I have been following this thread and I just want to say that you all are doing fabulous!

I also wanted to update you on my progress...I've lost another pound,so I'm almost at my goal!

I gotta admit,I was afraid of eating more fat,I was always led to believe that fat was the enemy!

Not anymore!
              Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
              CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
              I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

LOL! Oh my!! Listerine comes in little bottles too
                Listerine eh? I guess I'll get some tonight. C'est la vie.
                Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Get some L-glutamine powder and put up to a tsp under your tongue. Seriously. It tells your brain it is getting the glucose that it is craving.

"Due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier,L-glutamine is a wonderful way of providing glutamic acid to the brain. Many people think that, like other amino acids, this provides more neurotransmitters to the brain, but this is not the case. Actually, L-glutamine provides the glutamic acid that the brain uses as fuel (the only other substance the brain uses for fuel is glucose). Glutamine can block cravings for alcohol as well as sugar. This key benefit can be used in individuals as a diet aid. Taking one capsule or one quarter teaspoonful of L-glutamine at the onset of sugar or alcohol cravings has been shown to deter these feelings. This may not work in all individuals, but the non-toxic nature of this harmless food additive and the many other benefits that can be derived from this supplement make it worth trying."
                  Will try to get some thx and have it before dinner :-)
                  Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
                  SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                  CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                  GW: 130lbs

Comment

taking a cue from Demuralist, in the evenings I like hot tea with HWC and butter. Kills cravings. Of course so does a pickle

Thx for the advice - what is HWC (love the pickle idea too) ? And how long does usually take to be in ketosis.

Restarted the journey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shyloh View Post
                      Just wanted to check in again...

I have been following this thread and I just want to say that you all are doing fabulous!

I also wanted to update you on my progress...I've lost another pound,so I'm almost at my goal!

I gotta admit,I was afraid of eating more fat,I was always led to believe that fat was the enemy!

Not anymore!
                      Wow that is fantastic and in such a short time - well done!! What is your daily calorie intake and ratios? And do you do fasting?

Restarted the journey:

Comment

Wow that is fantastic and in such a short time - well done!! What is your daily calorie intake and ratios? And do you do fasting?
                        Hi!

I take in about 1800-1900 cals per day.

Carbs:106g (20%) (I usually try and keep my carbs around 80-100g)
                        Protein:132g (25%)
                        Fat: 129g (55%)

I'm going to slowly bring up my calories to maintenance and my carbs to 100-150g as well. I'll see how it goes.
                        Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
                        CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
                        I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

what is HWC? And how long does usually take to be in ketosis.
                          HWC is heavy whipping cream.

It takes me a week of VLC to get to moderate ketosis. about 10 days to get to deep ketosis.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

HWC is heavy whipping cream.

It takes me a week of VLC to get to moderate ketosis. about 10 days to get to deep ketosis.
                            Tried the HWC one early morning and had terrible stomach cramps...maybe a bit to rich, but can try it again. Do most of you avoid cheese? Struggle to keep my fat at 112g (not eating red meat, only fish/chicken/eggs) - maybe the HWC can help there. Dairy or no dairy that is the question - been pondering about it for a long time.....any comments..

The ketosis would be happening for me yet - only my first week Primal.

Restarted the journey:

Comment

Tried the HWC one early morning and had terrible stomach cramps...maybe a bit to rich, but can try it again. Do most of you avoid cheese? Struggle to keep my fat at 112g (not eating red meat, only fish/chicken/eggs) - maybe the HWC can help there. Dairy or no dairy that is the question - been pondering about it for a long time.....any comments..

The ketosis would be happening for me yet - only my first week Primal.
                              No dairy for me..Causes way too many cravings and weight to bounce up. I use CO in my coffee insead of HWC. I make a cup of coffee, add 1 tablespoon refined CO, and whip it up in my Ninja. Delish. Tastes just like a yummy coffee from Starbucks. Very frothy and creamy. I like to fry my chicken thighs in bacon fat. You know, no good southern girl would EVER get rid of her bacon drippings. It's liquid GOLD! This would add fat into your diet as well.

Also, one other thing. For me..I do use 1 tablespoon of liquid creamer in my first cup of joe in the morning. Non-dariy and lactose free. I know..it has sugar...but I count the carbs and keep carbs in my range.(5%) The CO coffee is for my "to go" mug in the morning.
                              Last edited by adavison; 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM.
                              37 yof
                              5'9

Macros:
                              70% fat
                              20% protein
                              10% net carbs
                              1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
                              CW:171
                              GW:155

Comment

• I eat dairy all the time. It doesn't seem to bother me like it does for most other than it causes mucous but at this point, I deal with it ok. Grains and sugar seem to be my biggest triggers.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X