Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    I try to evenly balance my calories, and to the extent I can the macros too, between the 3 meals a day that I eat. On the 3 days I work the whole day, I split my lunch in half, and eat half at work around 2:30 the other half when I get home around 4:30.
    When you initially posted this in the old thread, I found that this is too much like work for my own good.
    Georgette

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
      ahhhhhhg.....(#*(#*!@( No way I get this to work. I got to download the script at MyFitnessPal Percentages and Net Carbs for Greasemonkey and it does not allow me to go there. I googled Trixie and downloaded it, it's been enabled. I changed my MFP to include fiber as told. I've rebooted, re installed, rebooted, broke a chair, punched a hole in the wall (73 calories burnt though) and nothing. Why oh why is this not working for me on IE? I'm going to try Firefox but god I hate switching browsers when everything is set up in IE
      Sorry I made things worse for you. I wouldn't change browsers just for this.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

      Comment


      • I just tried it with Firefox and it's not working either.....)#@)#*(%$)@ I'm missing something but can't for the life of me figure it out. Don't apoligize, I wanted the pie and percentages. I liked that about Cronometer
        55 yr old male


        07/01/2013

        Weight; 199
        Chest; 41.5
        Waist; 42
        Hips; 40
        Thigh; 22.5
        Calf; 15
        Bicep: 13
        Forearm; 11.5
        Neck; 17

        07/20/2013

        Weight; 200
        Chest; 42
        Waist; 42.5
        Hips; 39
        Thigh; 23
        Calf; 15
        Bicep: 13
        Forearm; 11.5
        Neck; 16

        Comment


        • Hi everyone - I have to stop following this thread till I get back from my vacation on Feb. 17th. I work from home and I'm on the clock now, but have spent at least 2 hours of that time reading old posts and looking for tips and suggestions. I've been using MFP (love this! but my PC will not allow me to download the feature to calculate percentages). I can see I am not getting enough calories and I'm getting too much protein. The calorie part is because I'm just not hungry enough to eat more. When I get back, I will use the LCHF recipe site to look for ideas to increase fat (I already add butter to my coffee, HWC to the occasional berries, full fat cream cheese to celery sticks, and avocado oil to my breakfast smoothies) and improve my fat/protein ratio.
          Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
          I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...
          "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

          Comment


          • aha.....anyone using Firefox......help!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Think I figured out the problem. I downloaded Firefox...downloaded Greasemonkey like it said for the script. I click on the monkey's head and it says I don't have any scripts and have to pick. I open them up and it's like ??????????

            Ok...I found the scripts but what or how do I install them? I try and when I go back it says nothing.

            God I hate computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            55 yr old male


            07/01/2013

            Weight; 199
            Chest; 41.5
            Waist; 42
            Hips; 40
            Thigh; 22.5
            Calf; 15
            Bicep: 13
            Forearm; 11.5
            Neck; 17

            07/20/2013

            Weight; 200
            Chest; 42
            Waist; 42.5
            Hips; 39
            Thigh; 23
            Calf; 15
            Bicep: 13
            Forearm; 11.5
            Neck; 16

            Comment


            • Originally posted by desertcreature View Post
              Hi everyone - I have to stop following this thread till I get back from my vacation on Feb. 17th. I work from home and I'm on the clock now, but have spent at least 2 hours of that time reading old posts and looking for tips and suggestions. I've been using MFP (love this! but my PC will not allow me to download the feature to calculate percentages). I can see I am not getting enough calories and I'm getting too much protein. The calorie part is because I'm just not hungry enough to eat more. When I get back, I will use the LCHF recipe site to look for ideas to increase fat (I already add butter to my coffee, HWC to the occasional berries, full fat cream cheese to celery sticks, and avocado oil to my breakfast smoothies) and improve my fat/protein ratio.
              Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
              I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...
              Enjoy your vacation. When you get back let us know how you are doing!
              Karin


              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

              What am I doing? Depends on the day.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                I am now having second thoughts about doing it.
                I should just keep doing what I am doing and give it more time. My only "symptom" is not losing weight fast enough, I do think I probably gained this week due to heavy lifting on Sat, so I either have to not weigh or not lift at the moment.
                It seems like I am impatient, and I guess I am, but I have been over weight for way too long.
                Did I miss something? I thought you were going in to have your fasting blood glucose level tested. I didn't see where you were also having a 2 or 3 hour oral glucose tolerance test- OGTT. It is only when having OGTT that you have to drink the yucky tasting sugar drink.

                Comment


                • Ok...got it on Firefox........I still hate computers
                  55 yr old male


                  07/01/2013

                  Weight; 199
                  Chest; 41.5
                  Waist; 42
                  Hips; 40
                  Thigh; 22.5
                  Calf; 15
                  Bicep: 13
                  Forearm; 11.5
                  Neck; 17

                  07/20/2013

                  Weight; 200
                  Chest; 42
                  Waist; 42.5
                  Hips; 39
                  Thigh; 23
                  Calf; 15
                  Bicep: 13
                  Forearm; 11.5
                  Neck; 16

                  Comment


                  • Magnesium is my go to cure for muscle cramps.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      do you feel better? are you losing still? Are you getting all the fat and keeping the carbs low? I think that is the key to reducing hunger, if the carbs creep up they tend to fester a desire to eat even more of them. And the fat helps with staying power. IMHO
                      I have just started on Monday, but my tummy has gone down I am always a couple of grams under fat, and my carbs are always spot on. Protein is always over, but as I am doing P90x exercises it all balances out.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                        Did I miss something? I thought you were going in to have your fasting blood glucose level tested. I didn't see where you were also having a 2 or 3 hour oral glucose tolerance test- OGTT. It is only when having OGTT that you have to drink the yucky tasting sugar drink.
                        I think the Dr confused me. He mentioned Glucose test. But on the form, it says BSL and insulin (as well as thyroid ones). So will the pathologist just prick my finger again? Or will it be full blood test for BSP?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by desertcreature View Post
                          Oh and I need to start drinking bouillon or broth! Can this help muscle cramps? I am used to periodic charlie horses in my calves and feet, but lately it's happening every night. When I get one, I drink pickle juice which cures it within 60 seconds, but it's a long walk to the fridge. So I'd like to supplement with something to keep them from starting in the first place! I am going to take a bottle of juice with me on the cruise as a precaution...
                          I will go back to working as soon as I click "post reply", but will check back this afternoon for any responses. Meantime, I wish everyone a lovely and successful day! I will be on a cruise starting Sunday, scuba diving in the Caribbean, and - as I have posted in a thread I started some time ago - eating clean (no starches), but with a few sweet splurges when it's really worth it! Thank you in advance for any replies to the muscle cramps...
                          I would try a magnesium citrate supplement at night (at least 250 mg, but 400 is probably more ideal). I say to try it at night b/c magnesium has a tendency to make people sleepy. If you wake up groggy, cut back a bit. 500 mg makes me groggy in the AM. It should also help with digestive movement.

                          I would also jump on the bouillon train. Seems to help a lot of people. A bit of added electrolytes seems to be the trick for most everyone here when they get cramps.



                          Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                          Did I miss something? I thought you were going in to have your fasting blood glucose level tested. I didn't see where you were also having a 2 or 3 hour oral glucose tolerance test- OGTT. It is only when having OGTT that you have to drink the yucky tasting sugar drink.
                          I was thinking the same thing... a fasting glucose is the reading done after 12 or more hours without food or beverage (other than water). I just had one last month.


                          Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
                          Ok...got it on Firefox........I still hate computers
                          Glad you got that taken care of... sorry it was so difficult. I remember some of us having difficulties with it in the last EMF thread too.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            Magnesium is my go to cure for muscle cramps.
                            Having fought through the night with leg and foot cramps makes me wonder if I'm taking enough. I take 500 mg. I also take some Potassium. How much to you take?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                              Feel so much better in 2 days thx, not losing yet and struggeling to get my G's fat high and protein lower - carbs are looking okay. Trying to find that post but too many pages at the recipes. The day I have TOM I will be the happiest women alive - it just gone since March 2012 when I stopped the PILL (so a lot of homonal issues at this stage)
                              oh but the beauty of the recipe group is that the title says fat sources for NK, it is on the first page about half way down. Congrats on feeling better.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

                              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                              My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
                                Having fought through the night with leg and foot cramps makes me wonder if I'm taking enough. I take 500 mg. I also take some Potassium. How much to you take?
                                Rosemary, how is your water intake? Also, do you eat bouillon? If not, do so. That will help with electrolytes.

                                In other words, stinky taste in mouth is back
                                Georgette

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X