Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually thought filet mignon was a fairly low fat piece of meat and that is why they wrap it in bacon. But I don't know dooty about meat cuts, I picked up the chuck eye yesterday cause some guy who was trying to pick me up at the meat counter recommended it and even picked out the package that had the best marbling. It was just over $5 for DH, DS, and I! I did cook it in kerrygold, yum, and put a bit of it herbed on top.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Trader Joes is pretty high, if you have one near. Also, I think Costco's is too? Plus you can always cook it in CO or other preferred fat (bacon grease or lard comes to mind)
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
        Interested to see a daily meal plan from some of you working with 70-80% daily fat.. Not sure how you accomplish this, while keeping protein low, without drinking oil or just spooning big scoops of butter in your mouth..
        It's really not that hard. A few eggs, some fried veggies a little cream in your coffee.. Since fat is calorie dense, it doesn't take just a whole lot.

Like yesterday I basically had two cups of coffee with cream and an erythritol based sweetener. Had some eggs whipped up into an omelette with american cheese on top (the one processed food I never ditched), didn't eat lunch, then supper was steak, homemade kimchee and fried cabbage and onions. Also for snacks I had a cream cheese cloud which was rolled in crushed pecans and a bar of chocoperfection- a chocolate made with inulin and erythritol and cocoa butter and butter oil. I usually eat a little more food than that, but didn't exercise yesterday- been up at night taking care of a sick goat and needed to rest. And my appetite is such that I can skip a meal easily if I choose now.

Comment

I am looking for a great February. I can see this thread becoming HUGE, which is fantastic!! The previous thread has so much in it that is helpful as well but I love this new trail.

Goals for Feb:

* lose weight (naturally) but specifically
          *find the sweet spot for NK
          * no binge days
          * positive outlook (borrowed from Chris)
          * walk daily
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

My menu is similar to geostump's, minus the coffee, and minus CO since it gives me A Case of the Gaks.

Breakfast: 2-3 pieces of bacon and/or sausage (since dairy doesn't bug me, I also have some heavy cream)
            Lunch: deviled eggs or an omelette, maybe some walnuts (should incorporate salads more frequently)
            Dinner: whatever meat is in the fridge, with butter on top (sometimes I make chicken soup with veggies)

It's a little boring since Panda is not creative in the kitchen. The licking-nickels ketosis taste went away and I'm not very tempted by the lone piece of white chocolate in my pantry. Just vaguely wistful.
            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

GP, I love your turn of phrase, it always makes me smile, thanks!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

My basic meal plan for 80% fat 1850 cals

2 eggs, 2 slices bacon
                Bullet Proof Coffee with 2tbsp HWC, 1tbsp CO, 1tbsp Butter

2 slices liverwurst
                2oz cream cheese

4 oz fatty meat and veg

snacks
                coffee with hnh, tea with CO, and pork rinds or nuts
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Hi everyone: I would like to join this thread also. I have been reading some of the other one. And would like to give this a try.
                  I hope I did this right.
                  My weight as of today is 218.8, I want to get down to 120 lbs. I'm 5' 1.5 inches tall so

27 C
                  54 P
                  108 F
                  1296 cals.

Does that sound right. Thanks for any help you can give me. Are you doing this as net carbs. or not?

Comment

loves walking, welcome, and yes those look spot on. Feel free to friend me on MFP is you are there tracking.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

Filet mignon runs $15lb at my local butcher. Some of the most tender meat on the planet! Goes on sale at Valentine's for $7.99 lb. I am so there!!
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Mine's a slight adaptation of EMF, to account for recommendations on healing my adrenal glands. I'm running a higher protein count, minimal caloric deficit, and fat adjusted to reflect that.
                        1600-1800 cal (that's my average daily burn, according to my fitbit)
                        26 g carb (based on my goal of 115 lb)
                        70-100 g protein (based on my average consumption, which seems to sate my cravings for protein)
                        128-158 g fat (balance)
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

In getting a diet coke, I realize they now taste awful.
                          Georgette

Comment

So, I am terrible at math. I am hoping you all can help me because I am really interested in joining a challenge/support group for this in particular. I am trying to figure out the mathy bits here:

First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it is your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
                            HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
                            HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
                            The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)
                            Is ideal weight... determined by me or as determined by the medical chart or what? Because my idea of ideal is still America's "fatty." (180 lbs is my initial goal.) Should I do math based on that or based on a doctor chart thing? *goes to google*... 131 - 160 lbs. for a female of 5'9"?! I feel I would look emaciated at 130 lbs, I can't imagine that being a good look for me at all, but maybe that is just because I have been large for so long. =P

I am 5'9", 29 years old, 306 currently (SW 347, LW 287). I have a large frame and an hourglass body-type.
                            yay!

Comment

On my fitness pal is there a way to change the preset fat/protein/carb goals to your own goals?

Comment

Originally posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
                                On my fitness pal is there a way to change the preset fat/protein/carb goals to your own goals?
                                You can change this under goals.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X