Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Lizard

    So if your goal is 125 that gives you 57kg

    57-63 protein
    29 carbs
    114 fat

    Min cals 1370
    Many thx for the info - wow my protein is way to high, fat way to low & carbs almost okay. Had to make some adjustments to my pre planned meal - so current stats (tomorrow is another day - can't fix a day's stats in one meal);

    Fat 89.48g
    Carbs 31.27g
    Protein 111.42g

    Does somebody use whey protein or do you think real food is the best?
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

    Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

    Comment


    • Real food first.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

      Comment


      • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        This is one I can answer...For the increase in fat, on page 1 of the LCHF recipe group is a discussion thread called "How to get more fat for NK" and in it there are 2 links that will give you some ideas.

        For the calories we take your 125lb goal and convert it to kg and we get 56kg...So that means 56g of protien, 28g of carb, and 112g of fat (if you are trying to lose weight).

        So we can multiply the 56 x 4 = 224, the 28 x 4 = 112, and the 112 x 9 = 1008, then add them together to get 1344 and that is your calorie goal.

        I am 5'7" and I could not get to 125 if they cut off one of my legs! 150 is the lowest I have weighed since I have gotten to that height, and I wore a size 5 (that is a 30 years ago size 5 not current) and I looked skeletal. So that is where I was coming from.
        Great info thx - well at that stage when I was this weight I was on a low carb/NO FAT mission, I felt great, but if I think back I was constantly sick with sinus and flu (back spasms), but very active (that has been gone for the last year atleast, cause I was trying all kinds of yo yo diets with some fat at least). I'm going to be realistic and put my goal at 130lbs :-)

        At this stage protein is way to high, fat to low and carbs almost okay - calories after adjusting dinner tonight 1367. Clean start tomorrow :-)
        Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

        Restarted the journey:
        SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
        CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
        GW: 130lbs

        Comment


        • Lizard, I do whey protein in my breakfast smoothie, but only 20g of it. I would use 2 eggs instead except for I am trying to use up the whey (which is from zNatural and is only whey with a pinch of lecithin), and I eat 2 eggs at lunch and I like to get different sources for my macros. I have a lot of whey left and with only using 20g at a time it will take a long time to finish it. I will figure out what to do then. I will probably have moved on to something else for lunch by then.

          Do check out those links in the recipe group thread, some good ideas there. Also, if you are on MFP friend us and you can check out others' diaries and see what they eat.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

          My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

          Comment


          • Lizard I do use an egg white protein powder when I can't make supper or need a quick meal. I use mine in my smoothie. Protein powder,coconut milk and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Delish.
            37 yof
            5'9

            Macros:
            70% fat
            20% protein
            10% net carbs
            1300-1500 calories

            SW:180ish
            CW:171
            GW:155

            Comment


            • This group has been a right eye opener.

              When I started Primal last year, I had come from the low carb high protein NO FAT diet which was slowly working.

              when I started Primal I ate and I did not stop - loads of chicken, salmon, steak - 2 large omlettes a day. Although I was not putting on weight I certainly was not losing any.

              I only realised how much I was eating when I started this group.

              I am still over most days because I am still so hungry, but I am eating half of what I was eating on standard primal.

              Thank you so much guys.
              Last edited by shrinkinglo; 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM.

              Comment


              • I don't touch whey myself. I eat real food. I do have a BPC and broth in the mornings then eat something heavier at lunch and dinner. I have found that, at least for myself, if I have anything more than what I have in the mornings, I really can't eat much throughout the day
                Georgette

                Comment


                • I try to evenly balance my calories, and to the extent I can the macros too, between the 3 meals a day that I eat. On the 3 days I work the whole day, I split my lunch in half, and eat half at work around 2:30 the other half when I get home around 4:30.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                  My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                  Comment


                  • Holy Cow........ I'm peddling as fast as I can but I can't keep up with this thread! I just checked yesterday afternoon and I'm like 6 pages behind!

                    You people are busy little bee's!

                    its good to see all the help - support - and progress!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Lizard, I do whey protein in my breakfast smoothie, but only 20g of it. I would use 2 eggs instead except for I am trying to use up the whey (which is from zNatural and is only whey with a pinch of lecithin), and I eat 2 eggs at lunch and I like to get different sources for my macros. I have a lot of whey left and with only using 20g at a time it will take a long time to finish it. I will figure out what to do then. I will probably have moved on to something else for lunch by then.

                      Do check out those links in the recipe group thread, some good ideas there. Also, if you are on MFP friend us and you can check out others' diaries and see what they eat.
                      I've been looking at that link and can find the topic " how to add more fat" more than a 100 pages - been playing around on FatSecret to get my % right but can only get my fat up to 104g and protein stay high at 74g..
                      Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

                      Restarted the journey:
                      SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                      CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                      GW: 130lbs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by adavison View Post
                        Lizard I do use an egg white protein powder when I can't make supper or need a quick meal. I use mine in my smoothie. Protein powder,coconut milk and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Delish.
                        Any suggestions for replacement of coconut milk?? Not easy to find in SA and trying to avoid dairy and Soy!!
                        Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

                        Restarted the journey:
                        SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                        CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                        GW: 130lbs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by shrinkinglo View Post
                          This group has been a right eye opener.

                          When I started Primal last year, I had come from the low carb high protein NO FAT diet which was slowly working.

                          when I started Primal I ate and I did not stop - loads of chicken, salmon, steak - 2 large omlettes a day. Although I was not putting on weight I certainly was not losing any.

                          I only realised how much I was eating when I started this group.

                          I am still over most days because I am still so hungry, but I am eating half of what I was eating on standard primal.

                          Thank you so much guys.
                          do you feel better? are you losing still? Are you getting all the fat and keeping the carbs low? I think that is the key to reducing hunger, if the carbs creep up they tend to fester a desire to eat even more of them. And the fat helps with staying power. IMHO
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

                          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                          My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by geostump View Post
                            I don't touch whey myself. I eat real food. I do have a BPC and broth in the mornings then eat something heavier at lunch and dinner. I have found that, at least for myself, if I have anything more than what I have in the mornings, I really can't eat much throughout the day
                            this! After my n=1, I have found this to be ideal for me.

                            Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            I try to evenly balance my calories, and to the extent I can the macros too, between the 3 meals a day that I eat. On the 3 days I work the whole day, I split my lunch in half, and eat half at work around 2:30 the other half when I get home around 4:30.
                            Ohmygosh, I have tried this.. it makes me crazier than I already am!! LOL
                            Karin


                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                            What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              A note on My Fitness Pal...

                              Many of the search engines have user scripts and extensions that can be downloaded and will add percentages and pie charts to your food diary. This can be huge for us especially if you don't always make your calories. Here is one site that describes what to do:

                              Configuring MyFitnessPal for Keto Success

                              I unfortunately use chrome, so I had to go to the chrome app store and download extentions from there. Percentages only, no pie chart for me.
                              ahhhhhhg.....(#*(#*!@( No way I get this to work. I got to download the script at MyFitnessPal Percentages and Net Carbs for Greasemonkey and it does not allow me to go there. I googled Trixie and downloaded it, it's been enabled. I changed my MFP to include fiber as told. I've rebooted, re installed, rebooted, broke a chair, punched a hole in the wall (73 calories burnt though) and nothing. Why oh why is this not working for me on IE? I'm going to try Firefox but god I hate switching browsers when everything is set up in IE
                              55 yr old male


                              07/01/2013

                              Weight; 199
                              Chest; 41.5
                              Waist; 42
                              Hips; 40
                              Thigh; 22.5
                              Calf; 15
                              Bicep: 13
                              Forearm; 11.5
                              Neck; 17

                              07/20/2013

                              Weight; 200
                              Chest; 42
                              Waist; 42.5
                              Hips; 39
                              Thigh; 23
                              Calf; 15
                              Bicep: 13
                              Forearm; 11.5
                              Neck; 16

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                do you feel better? are you losing still? Are you getting all the fat and keeping the carbs low? I think that is the key to reducing hunger, if the carbs creep up they tend to fester a desire to eat even more of them. And the fat helps with staying power. IMHO
                                Feel so much better in 2 days thx, not losing yet and struggeling to get my G's fat high and protein lower - carbs are looking okay. Trying to find that post but too many pages at the recipes. The day I have TOM I will be the happiest women alive - it just gone since March 2012 when I stopped the PILL (so a lot of homonal issues at this stage)
                                Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

                                Restarted the journey:
                                SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                                CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                                GW: 130lbs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X