Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm 5'6" and 120 is a good spot for me (pretty slim). That's without much muscle, though. 125 would be fine, depending on build, for 5'7".
    Depression Lies

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      adavison, I'm a working mom and wife who is also taking her last semester of grad school... this thread is a monster unless I read during work - which consequently is also when I do my homework... lol

      I have a paper and two presentations due tonight... please folks, don't go crazy while I'm gone today to do my homework.
      I'm "working" at work, writing my paper and reading this thread now as well.
      37 yof
      5'9

      Macros:
      70% fat
      20% protein
      10% net carbs
      1300-1500 calories

      SW:180ish
      CW:171
      GW:155

      Comment


      • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        I'm 5'6" and 120 is a good spot for me (pretty slim). That's without much muscle, though. 125 would be fine, depending on build, for 5'7".
        Thx - what do you think the daily calories should be - and stupid question how do I increase my fat %, eating less protein and carbs and more fat??
        Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

        Restarted the journey:
        SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
        CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
        GW: 130lbs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          You're a good mom. A man's browser history is his own private kingdom.

          I try, I have them blocked on facebook too, I trust them and want my privacy as well as giving them theirs.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

          My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

          Comment


          • Lizard

            So if your goal is 125 that gives you 57kg

            57-63 protein
            29 carbs
            114 fat

            Min cals 1370
            Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-07-2013, 09:23 AM.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

            Comment


            • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              I try, I have them blocked on facebook too, I trust them and want my privacy as well as giving them theirs.
              You are a good mom. My girls want me as their FB friends and I do allow that. I've actually made the suggestion to my oldest to have 2 separate FB pages, one for family and a separate one for friends. There are some things that she posts that sends my relatives into a tizzy. I hope she listens.
              Georgette

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                Thx - what do you think the daily calories should be - and stupid question how do I increase my fat %, eating less protein and carbs and more fat??
                This is one I can answer...For the increase in fat, on page 1 of the LCHF recipe group is a discussion thread called "How to get more fat for NK" and in it there are 2 links that will give you some ideas.

                For the calories we take your 125lb goal and convert it to kg and we get 56kg...So that means 56g of protien, 28g of carb, and 112g of fat (if you are trying to lose weight).

                So we can multiply the 56 x 4 = 224, the 28 x 4 = 112, and the 112 x 9 = 1008, then add them together to get 1344 and that is your calorie goal.

                I am 5'7" and I could not get to 125 if they cut off one of my legs! 150 is the lowest I have weighed since I have gotten to that height, and I wore a size 5 (that is a 30 years ago size 5 not current) and I looked skeletal. So that is where I was coming from.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post


                  If you use internet explorer, the script in the link that was posted will work just fine, except you have to go into your MyFitnessPal settings and tell it you want to also view fiber content of your food (click settings, then use the 5 drop down boxes to set the info you view: protein, fat, carbs, fiber). Doing this and installing the script will allow you to see percentages, as well as an additional column (net carbs) on your "food" page within MFP. The percentages will be at the bottom of the page with your totals and the pie chart will be below this section.



                  Do you have an android or iphone? You can also view the percentages and pie chart on your phone if you do...
                  Ok, here lies the problem. I did what Pebbles post said to do in MyFitnessPal. I did not download any script nor did I see where that was in her post. ???? I looked back again and just saw what to do. I'll go back the 3rd time to see if I'm overlooking something. I have IE for a browser.

                  Phone? Nope, hate cell phones, smart phones and kids that own them.....LOL
                  55 yr old male


                  07/01/2013

                  Weight; 199
                  Chest; 41.5
                  Waist; 42
                  Hips; 40
                  Thigh; 22.5
                  Calf; 15
                  Bicep: 13
                  Forearm; 11.5
                  Neck; 17

                  07/20/2013

                  Weight; 200
                  Chest; 42
                  Waist; 42.5
                  Hips; 39
                  Thigh; 23
                  Calf; 15
                  Bicep: 13
                  Forearm; 11.5
                  Neck; 16

                  Comment


                  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhg I didn't scroll down far enough for the script. Duhhhhhhhhh me!
                    55 yr old male


                    07/01/2013

                    Weight; 199
                    Chest; 41.5
                    Waist; 42
                    Hips; 40
                    Thigh; 22.5
                    Calf; 15
                    Bicep: 13
                    Forearm; 11.5
                    Neck; 17

                    07/20/2013

                    Weight; 200
                    Chest; 42
                    Waist; 42.5
                    Hips; 39
                    Thigh; 23
                    Calf; 15
                    Bicep: 13
                    Forearm; 11.5
                    Neck; 16

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by geostump View Post
                      You are a good mom. My girls want me as their FB friends and I do allow that. I've actually made the suggestion to my oldest to have 2 separate FB pages, one for family and a separate one for friends. There are some things that she posts that sends my relatives into a tizzy. I hope she listens.
                      yes, I do occasionally hear from a relative or 2 about something the kids have posted, but then I suggest the relative either say something to the kid to remind them that others do see what they post, or the relative can block them as well.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                      My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by adavison View Post
                        I'm "working" at work, writing my paper and reading this thread now as well.
                        What do you do for work? I'm an administrative assistant and, quite honestly, despise it. I don't mind the work - when there is actually work to do - but I don't like the office I work in - I feel excluded from the team most of the time - like I don't belong. *shrug* but it pays the bills - quite well - so I suck it up until I can land something more up my alley.
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
                          ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhg I didn't scroll down far enough for the script. Duhhhhhhhhh me!
                          Actually, on the link she posted, there is an "INSTALL" button on the top right of the page. You want to click that. It will automatically download and install the script for you so that you can view those percentages in MFP.

                          I hope that helps clear up the mud... it gets kind of muddy in here.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            yes, I do occasionally hear from a relative or 2 about something the kids have posted, but then I suggest the relative either say something to the kid to remind them that others do see what they post, or the relative can block them as well.
                            I've done that as well. My MIL gets upset with some of the stuff I put on FB so I've blocked her for the most part.
                            Georgette

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                              What do you do for work? I'm an administrative assistant and, quite honestly, despise it. I don't mind the work - when there is actually work to do - but I don't like the office I work in - I feel excluded from the team most of the time - like I don't belong. *shrug* but it pays the bills - quite well - so I suck it up until I can land something more up my alley.
                              I am trying to get a job as an admin asst, apparently on Post here having a penis disqualifies you from the position. It seems to have far more job security than my current position and I wouldn't have to spend half my day standing in the sun/rain/snow.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                What do you do for work? I'm an administrative assistant and, quite honestly, despise it. I don't mind the work - when there is actually work to do - but I don't like the office I work in - I feel excluded from the team most of the time - like I don't belong. *shrug* but it pays the bills - quite well - so I suck it up until I can land something more up my alley.
                                Director of Graduate Studies at a university...Kinda a slow time for me now, so I am thankful that I am able to "work" and write.
                                37 yof
                                5'9

                                Macros:
                                70% fat
                                20% protein
                                10% net carbs
                                1300-1500 calories

                                SW:180ish
                                CW:171
                                GW:155

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X