Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    B2B Congrats! I have fallen to the siren song of the scale as well.
    Yes my scale has a siren song to... I step on it and it sets off a siren!

Comment

• I have 2 thoughts regarding not eating your calories continually day after day...

1. I would worry that if one of your meals is BPC and then you eat one other you are likely to come up pretty short on nutrients.

2. well never mind about #2

My suggestion would be to occasionally switch out the BPC for a meal for the nutrient content if you truly are way under calories regularly.

My other suggestion would be to stop telling those people who are bugging you about starvation what it is you are eating. It is none of their beeswax.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
        Canio6 yes that is the formula that people here use yes.
        I just found going higher fat, I didn't need to eat as much.
        I don't see it as starving myself. I don't track every day now, but I do check sometimes and some days I get to 1200 cal, some days I don't.
        Oh, okay. That makes sense. So you are doing a modified version of this program where you listen to your body. Cool. I can respect that.

Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
        canio I use the calculated number of calories as my guide for this is as much as I should eat don't go over. That said I don't feel hungry eating this way so I rarely come close to that many calories if I only eat when hungry. One day a week or so I eat higher crb so I do eat more calories that day. It's a balancing act to know what is going to work for each individual. I try to remember the weight didn't go on overnight it's not going to fall off over night.

I understand that completely and I think much (all?) of diet/WOE is n=1. That said, I think it is important for someone to do a program the way it is written for a while. Like the PBP - do it for 6 months before changing things up. It bugs the hell out of me when someone posts, "So I have been primal for a week and I am not losing weight so I am going to leptin reset/IF/eat no carbs/eat only carbs/eat whatever because this just doesn't work!" I figure this is the same - eat per the forumula and then after X amount of time switch it up if you need to.

Listening to your body is all well and good if your body is saying the right thing. Too often my body says, "Eat a donut, nah, eat two...and by two I mean two dozen...." At 300 pounds I could eat when I am hungry and lose weight because real food is more satiating and I was still under my calorie numbers (on the one day in 20 I would track). Now, not so much. If I 'listen to my body' I eat too much because for 20+ years I was 100 pounds overweight. My body likes more food. At the same time, a chronic dieter's body might be telling them, "You are losing weight. You are full. Seriously, you are full on 800 calories...stahp eating..." Eh, whatever, it is just something I think about. Lord knows this losing weight thing is a pain in the ass - luckily I have a big ass so the pain is spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Well Done, my friend. Gave me a chuckle.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            I think much (all?) of diet/WOE is n=1. That said, I think it is important for someone to do a program the way it is written for a while. Like the PBP - do it for 6 months before changing things up. It bugs the hell out of me when someone posts, "So I have been primal for a week and I am not losing weight so I am going to leptin reset/IF/eat no carbs/eat only carbs/eat whatever because this just doesn't work!" I figure this is the same - eat per the forumula and then after X amount of time switch it up if you need to.

Listening to your body is all well and good if your body is saying the right thing. Too often my body says, "Eat a donut, nah, eat two...and by two I mean two dozen...." At 300 pounds I could eat when I am hungry and lose weight because real food is more satiating and I was still under my calorie numbers (on the one day in 20 I would track). Now, not so much. If I 'listen to my body' I eat too much because for 20+ years I was 100 pounds overweight. My body likes more food. At the same time, a chronic dieter's body might be telling them, "You are losing weight. You are full. Seriously, you are full on 800 calories...stahp eating..." Eh, whatever, it is just something I think about. Lord knows this losing weight thing is a pain in the ass - luckily I have a big ass so the pain is spread.
            this. it is the reason I had to step away from the scale while I am giving this WOE its chance. If I am getting on the scale everyday I am tweaking every day. It truly doesn't matter what the scale says, I tweak. I cannot trust my body to tell me right now. I personally miss the subtle hunger cues and end up in serious feeling sick starvation I gotta eat it all mode if I totally skip a meal. I sincerely hope that this WOE does end up healing my body after all the damage I have done to it over the past 40+years of yo-yo dieting. That is as important as the weight loss.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok Pebbles......not to be a pain...BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PERCENTAGES???????????????? lol

I'm just using Google, not google chrome. I did the changes exactly like you posted and nothing. I know you said they are on the bottom, ok....but bottom of where? Top bar you have HOME FOOD EXERCISE REPORTS etc. I'm assuming it's suppose to be under Food? Would be great to have those at least, instead of looking and just saying "oh I must be close" LOL
              55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
              Chest; 41.5
              Waist; 42
              Hips; 40
              Thigh; 22.5
              Calf; 15
              Bicep: 13
              Forearm; 11.5
              Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
              Chest; 42
              Waist; 42.5
              Hips; 39
              Thigh; 23
              Calf; 15
              Bicep: 13
              Forearm; 11.5
              Neck; 16

Comment

• Canio I hear you. I am guessing this no appetite thing will only last so long and then my appetite will come back. I agree with you about the do a program as written for a while before trying to change it. From the beginning I have found higher fat intake increases weight loss for me. Actually, it was adding more fat and dropping out most fruit that was the only change I needed to make to be eating Primal when I started. Everything else was pretty primal. I have never eaten junk except maybe in college. That is why this thread intrigued me. I have also found that on at least one day a week usually a day I ride my bike I need to eat more carbs. Not sure why, that's just what my body seems to want. I listen to my body except if it tells me to eat some chips or some chocolate, then I know it is lying to me LOL

Comment

• I've been reading this thread almost the entire day today and would love to join. I started Primal yesterday again after being away from this site since March 2012. I'm a 33 year young female, 5.7 and I have gained about 20lbs since :-( I was also diagnosed with a underactive thyroid, had cyst removed and stopped taking the PIL (Melodene) and boom!! Thyroid is normal again, but my body would not say the same. Looking forward to have your support and some advise regarding my ratio's;

B: X2 Hardboiled Eggs, salmon & pickle
                  L: Chicken (baked with olive oil) and Hardboiled Egg salad (lettuce/cucumber/tomato/onion)
                  D: Turkey drumstick/ Eggplant bake (mushroom/onion/tomato with cream cheese)

Total Calories: 1284
                  Fat: 59% (84.66)
                  Protein: 33% (105.90g)
                  Carbs: 8% (24.36g)

Not sure if my carb intake is to high and fat to low...Or protein to high.
                  Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
                  SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                  CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                  GW: 130lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
                    I listen to my body except if it tells me to eat some chips or some chocolate, then I know it is lying to me LOL
                    LOL Apparently you are smarter than I am I'm glad it is working out for you. Only you know your body and what it needs. As long as things go well, all is good.

Comment

• FIRST: Well lets hear it for another clean day!! Whoo hoo.. and I have a non-scale victory! Last spring I bought some clothes, one was a brown suede-ish jacket/blouse that you wear a cammie underneath, well when I went back to work from surgery (my weight had gone up) I could get it on with ONE button. It looked terrible!! I hung it back up. Today, it is nicely buttoned and the belt tied. It looks good!!

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                      Thanks, I just did a post about this. Let's hope someone has an answer for me.
                      let me know what you find out and if the group could help.

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                      How did your lunch date last week w/ said diet coke go? Aspartame is not a nice thing, not at all. You may want to read up on this stuff before you make any 2nd dates: Google

I think it's really a great thing, this new thread and what you all have banded together to do, in a supportive, kind, and non-mud-slinging manner. On Feb 17th, I will along with 2 other ladies ,age 68 & 75, undergo a 14 day intensive of NK combined with appropriate exercise. After the 1st 2 weeks of serious NK (no fruits, minimal carbs), we'll then segue into another 8 weeks of less harsh NK & see how that goes.
                      Well... hello!! Best wishes in your venture!

Originally posted by B2B View Post
                      Good morning, All!
                      I have a basic morning routine upon waking as I am sure other do. One of the habits of this routine is jumping on the scale. I try so desperately not to do it, but I cave so easily. I had every intention of walking away from it this morning, but it just kept calling my name, teasing like. So I hopped on. Down another 2 pounds!! Take that, you tormenting scale!!!!

I hope you all have a great day!
                      The force is strong with this one... (ummm may need to watch star wars tonight! LOL)

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      LOL'd!!!
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
                        Ok Pebbles......not to be a pain...BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PERCENTAGES???????????????? lol

I'm just using Google, not google chrome. I did the changes exactly like you posted and nothing. I know you said they are on the bottom, ok....but bottom of where? Top bar you have HOME FOOD EXERCISE REPORTS etc. I'm assuming it's suppose to be under Food? Would be great to have those at least, instead of looking and just saying "oh I must be close" LOL
                        Not sure what just Google is. When you go on the internet, what symbol do you click? e is internet explorer, Chrome is a circle with blue in the middle and yellow, red and green on the outside.etc.

Probably, if you are using any form of Google, then you cannot use the information in the link I put in that post. You have to go to the google app store, search for MyFitnessPal and download any scripts or extentions you find there.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Lizard Welcome. The LCHF protocol usually calls for 70+% fat out of your total calories. Speaking of calories, your look a little low for your height. What is your goal weight?

Wait, What is your height? I read 5 feet 7 inches, but now I am not sure because your goal wt. says 121lbs.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Good Morning,

Last Friday I got a stomach bug that lasted several days. I spent three days on the potty. During that times ate some rice and potatoes. For whatever reason it helped plug me up. Yesterday my energy started to return. I could walk my usual 5k that i do once or twice a day,nwithout wanting to call a cab.

I hopped right back on HFLC yesterday. Much to my dismay, up THREE pounds of the six that I shed in January. What sadness when I saw that this morning. It's a great reminder to me that veering off path just is not worth it.

Off to tackle those three pounds!

Comment

• Callee, I'd say that water weight.

Comment

• I hope so Ashley! It takes so long for me to get off!

Comment

Working...
                                X