Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still bored, still reading. This one is about an experiment that Dr. Eenfeldt did with Ketosis Experiment: Optimal Ketosis for Weight Loss and Improved Performance | DietDoctor.com

He has a graph where he compares his ketone levels using a blood monitor and ketostix.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      I have a hard time thinking this is HFLC related. You might need to go in and get a doctors opinion since it sounds like you have had trouble for a while now. I know only a little about ablations, for me they took everything. Take care of you sister!! Oh hey, have you ever been on hystersister.com? They would be a great resource to ask about this. Its for women who have had all differnt kinds of surgeries on our lady-parts (how else do I say that in mixed company?? LOL)
      Never heard of that bb before. I may have to check that out. I would go to the doctor, but don't have insurance right now(took a job with a company that doesn't offer insurance) so going that route is out of the question right now.
      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
        Never heard of that bb before. I may have to check that out. I would go to the doctor, but don't have insurance right now(took a job with a company that doesn't offer insurance) so going that route is out of the question right now.
        Go to hystersisters.com so much helpful info. The chances of finding someone with the same or similar issue is pretty good. They also have a knowledgable staff.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          Go to hystersisters.com so much helpful info. The chances of finding someone with the same or similar issue is pretty good. They also have a knowledgable staff.
          Thanks, I just did a post about this. Let's hope someone has an answer for me.
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by desertcreature View Post
            I am 53, just started menopause last fall. Jeans that fit last summer were too tight overall before going low carb high fat on Jan 19. I've lost about 8-10 lbs since. The jeans are now baggy in thighs, loose in the butt, but are still too tight in the waist.
            What the heck? Is some sort of pennance?
            Does anyone else experiencing this and has anyone ideas for a solution? (I confess I haven't exercised much since minor knee surgery last November, and don't do sit-ups. I will start them eventually, just not right now...)
            All I know, is that my mother was right when she said "First on, last off" with regard to gaining
            and losing weight in certain areas.

I know this because when I lose weight, it never happens where I REALLY WANT IT TO, first.

I lose back fat first, and then my FOREARMS (what? they aren't even BIG!) and then my calves
            (which are only 13in around to begin with) THEN my stupid %*^&! boobs, which I couldn't
            give two shits about, THEN my stomach and ONLY THEN.

So freaking annoying I could scream.

However, I HAVE noticed that my "Fat-O-Stat" is becoming deflated quite nicely.

That's the name I've given my c-section scar on the left.

When I'm "fluffy", it puffs out with fat and I can't see
            the scar at all when I stand up straight and look down.

When I'm NOT fluffy, my stomach is flat and all I *see* is the
            scar.

No puff, no nuthin'.

So there is my whacko response.

Julie

Comment

• Stopping by to give a shout out to all you EMFers Paula congrats on your 21 days, that is amazing! Tomi, vacay will be a breeze. You can do it! Everyone keep working at it! I am still fighting the fibro issue so back to higher carbs but enjoy catching up with everyone's accomplishments!
              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Roast duck... yeah, there's FAT in that.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Dr thinks likely metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance.
                  Thyroid was tested back in May and was in normal range, but he has requested that again.
                  He took blood sugar levels, and was 8.4 (higher than 6.9 is high he said) after having only BP coffee 6 hours before. I am going back tomorrow for the fasting glucose test as well as the other blood tests.
                  So yeah I guess something prob is wrong with me

Comment

• Girl, I got the insulin resistance, or as we call it in South the pre-sugars It is ok, no matter how you decide to treat it with food or food and meds.
                    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Ill see what these results say once I get them back sometime next week. Dr did say if glucose test was high, he would want me on Metformin, but will have to think about that one.
                      I guess since I have been eating 100% primal since Oct, and I have this, maybe I do need meds?

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                        hey Paula... I haven't read The Optimal Diet and I can't find anything online about it except other people's reviews/interpretations of it. Where would one go who hasn't read the book to see this ideal weight chart? Or does no such thing exist and everyone is going off of the CW charts?

What would a woman with a medium/large frame at 5'4" chooose for a goal weight?
                        I am 5'4" started at 225 and now at 173 I think my goal is 150. I have a very large chest DDD. I am also a large frame at 225 I had no idea where I wanted to end up but as I get closer I am starting to picture it.

Comment

• For people that have made the broccoli cheese soup recipe, how many servings tend to come out of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            Thanks for that, I am starting to suspect I am really effed up from my 13 years of binge/lose weight/gain weight cycle. This week I have gained 2 kg of the 4 kg I lost in Jan, and the only thing I did differently was lift heavy on Sat.
                            I started back primal in Oct at 109 kg and it was only when going HFLC and counting calories for a little bit, that I lost some.
                            I know I am not eating too much. Something has to be wrong.
                            Good luck figuring out Ayla. Just read your post about the doctor visit. at least you'll know and can develop a plan to get it under control.

Originally posted by Tee View Post
                            Hey everyone, I started eating right the last few days and been following this;Carbs: 44 gm, 7.9%
                            Protein: 94 gm, 16.8% Fat: 187 gm, 75.3% (Thanks Jenn) Things are going well except I started cramping up today, bad. My sides, stomach area, inner thigh's, etc. I've been taking potassium and magnesium supplements. Any tips on getting ride of these?
                            Thank you.
                            Potassium helps eliminate my leg cramps. avocado's seem to work well.

About mid cycle bleeding. I have been having spotting midcycle for the last two cycles. My TCM provider says the better nutrition is improving my hormones and it's likely breakthrough bleeding. All other signs look good my hair is growing in and getting thicker, grey hairs disappearing, weird stuff.

And I just want to say I feel like I just ran a marathon. I was away for the weekend and just spend the last three days trying to catch up on the posts. This is a chatty group. Don't know if i can keep up with the reading. Oh I did finally lose a pound between last week and yesterday. Finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                              Ill see what these results say once I get them back sometime next week. Dr did say if glucose test was high, he would want me on Metformin, but will have to think about that one.
                              I guess since I have been eating 100% primal since Oct, and I have this, maybe I do need meds?
                              Oh, that test is not going to go well with you being on this diet. Even if your insulin sensitivity was decent you could see a bad result because it's going to shock your body. Your muscles become insulin resistant on a low carb diet (temporarily!) to cause all the sugar you do have to go to the brain. So you hit that with a big load of sugar and boom, blood sugar problems!

A more accurate result would be found after several days of eating carbs again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                Thank You. This group has really helped in my success.
                                Being committed to a group helps more, I think.

I am so damn proud of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X