Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All!
    Someone on here mentioned that they put their food in their MFP diary for the day first and than adjust macro's accordingly. Brillant! This is working good for me. Yesterday I actually went for a walk and feel good enough to do it again tonight. It was only a mile, but it is better than nothing. Great job to you all on all the binge free days and scale victories! My hunger is wayyyy under control now. Whew! Happy Wednesday!
    37 yof
    5'9

Macros:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10% net carbs
    1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
    CW:171
    GW:155

Comment

• Everyone is doing so great! I am proud of us, even those that have struggled (ME!), we are still doing it, in all its imperfections and challenges, we are learning what our bodies want and need from us! It is powerful, and this circle is changing our lives and growing! So cool!
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ez2cy View Post
        My loving wife (I got her fooled), picked up the 5-HTP. Now it's 100mg and it says to take one 3x day with meals. I noticed Pebbles you stated you take it in the evening to help with sleeping, is that correct.
        Now, I have been on antidepressants, (very mild). I've reaserched and found the 1/2 life. Question is, should I be taking them as directed or just in the evening?
        Also, for those using ketostix, how many days doing the LCHF did it take before you saw the colour change?
        Are you still taking the antidepressants? There can be bad reactions if antidepressants and 5htp are taken together.

5htp - I onlly take 1 50mg pill after dinner. I take it to raise serotonin in the evening which is my worst binge time. It is also created in the body as part of the normal sleep cycle, thus it helps with sleep. I have not taken it as an antidepressant. You should start with 1 pill in the evening. (after other antidepressants have left your system) Stay on that for a week. Then add an afternoon dose if you need it. 5htp can cause drowsiness, so taking it in the am may not work.
        Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-06-2013, 09:19 AM.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am taking 1 pill after dinner of the 5htp, but it is 100mg. I am too lazy at that time of night to deal with splitting it in half. I have only done it for 2 days, so not sure if it is making a difference. I plan to take them until I run out then go without for a week or so and see if there is a change.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            Great job with the water and not snacking to keep the macros in line. Its a good feeling isn;t it?
            I'm ok with keeping the macros in line, but I physically feel off. I'm still not entirely unsure if this is still the after effects from the chocolate Sunday.
            Georgette

Comment

• A note on My Fitness Pal...

Many of the search engines have user scripts and extensions that can be downloaded and will add percentages and pie charts to your food diary. This can be huge for us especially if you don't always make your calories. Here is one site that describes what to do:

Configuring MyFitnessPal for Keto Success

I unfortunately use chrome, so I had to go to the chrome app store and download extentions from there. Percentages only, no pie chart for me.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• For the women doing EMF, have you noticed any changes in your TOM? Last month, mine occurred twice and I am thinking it's on the verge of hitting again shortly. It seems like I am having a cycle every other week. I am not on the pill and had a thermal ablation back in August last year.
                Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post

I unfortunately use chrome, so I had to go to the chrome app store and download extentions from there. Percentages only, no pie chart for me.
                  I use chrome too. The percentages are fine for me. Each meal has percentages under it, and then the totals for the day also has percentages. Very helpful.

Unfortunately, I can't load any of those scripts on my work computer, but use my phone and view the pie chart while I'm at work to keep me in check.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• My cycles appear to be lengthening but I have to be getting pretty close to menopause too, so it is more likely that.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                      For the women doing EMF, have you noticed any changes in your TOM? Last month, mine occurred twice and I am thinking it's on the verge of hitting again shortly. It seems like I am having a cycle every other week. I am not on the pill and had a thermal ablation back in August last year.
                      Haven't noticed anything...yet..
                      37 yof
                      5'9

Macros:
                      70% fat
                      20% protein
                      10% net carbs
                      1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
                      CW:171
                      GW:155

Comment

• I'm on a seasonal BC and I've been spotting like mad during the time I "should" get my cycle, even though this pill has suppressed it up until I started HFLC.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I use chrome but get the pie chart on my kindle. I dont really look at it though.. percents are enough for me but very useful. They have helped a lot with keeping the macros in line.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I don't pay attention to the daily percentages, just the weekly percentage averages.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I've been spotting since October for 1-3 days during my cycle. After starting EMF last month, I had 2 cycles and still spotting but for 1-2 days.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                                I've been spotting since October for 1-3 days during my cycle. After starting EMF last month, I had 2 cycles and still spotting but for 1-2 days.
                                this does not sound normal at all. How close are you to menopause?
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X