Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=ez2cy;1083738]
    Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Well you got me laughing

Laughing? HEll I was trying be romantic and was hitting on you.......damn book (How to pick up a woman in 4 easy steps) *throws book in garbage*

Glad I made you smile....life is short...act like an idiot!
    Thank you, I'm flattered. Best "pick-up" line I've had all day. It's also the Only pick-up line I've had today. What can I expect in a school library?

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      100% pure maple syrup does double duty here... it flavors and sweetens! I make my cream cheese clouds with maple syrup for this very reason. Yummo.
      My body reacts to maple syrup in the same way it reacts to sugar. I use it to cook for others for the reason you mention, but I don't eat it.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        No need to explain, really as long as you are feeling good, letting go of fat, generally happy that is what matters/
        Just trying not to sound crazy LOL.
        I guess it balances out, I am sure ill get days where I need to eat more.
        Maple sugar is the same for me, honey too.

Comment

• yep, honey too. too much xylitol will cause intestinal problems. I pretty much stick to stevia, because technically I could actually make it at home, if I took the time to grow the plant, make a "tea" out of the leaves and then concentrated it. I guess the same is true of honey and maple syrup but the stevia doesn't give me the negative effects the others do.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Stevia for me too. I love it now.
            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Kymma View Post
              Stevia for me too. I love it now.
              Where can you get pure Stevia? Truvia is the closest I can find and I think there is something in it besides Stevia.

Comment

• Yesterday I ate:
                BP coffee (I am still torn about stopping this, as I do like it, but it does keep me from being hungry till afternoon).
                2 rashers of bacon and guacamole (maybe 1/2 cup, it has sour cream in it).
                Tuna with sour cream
                Bone broth.

Comment

• Could I get some ideas on high fat foods...not dairy, I don't do dairy of any kind...It's day 2 and I ate the same things today as I ate yesterday...I can see myself getting real bored REALLY quick and I don't fancy drinking oil as half my food intake for the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    My body reacts to maple syrup in the same way it reacts to sugar. I use it to cook for others for the reason you mention, but I don't eat it.
                    I do either honey or maple syrup in recipes, nothing else. I don't have a negative effect to them as long as I don't make it a habit to use them every day. Right now, I use 2 tbsp in 12 servings of cream cheese clouds, or 1/4 cup in muffins one day out of the weekend (I only eat 2 of 12 muffins). I don't think I'm consuming very much in that regard.

Oh and I use honey first and foremost since it is unprocessed (can go collect from a hive and use immediately if you're not allergic to bees). Maple syrup needs some processing (cooking) to be usable, so I use it second. I don't trust stevia after reading It Starts with Food. Personal preference, I guess. Fully primal according to Mark.

Originally posted by MJam View Post
                    Could I get some ideas on high fat foods...not dairy, I don't do dairy of any kind...It's day 2 and I ate the same things today as I ate yesterday...I can see myself getting real bored REALLY quick and I don't fancy drinking oil as half my food intake for the day.
                    12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

I think someone said this was posted in the recipe group, but I didn't see it.
                    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• 12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis

I think someone said this was posted in the recipe group, but I didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

4 of the 12 were dairy which I don't eat, one was chocolate which I also don't eat... eggs, bacon, coconut, ground beef, coconut oil and avocados are things I am already eating...but thanks.

Comment

• Hi ya'll!
                        I am in day 3 of the HFLC eating. I have my ratios set a 70/25/5.(101f/81p/16c) I am 5'9" 37 yof. Weight is 171.8. My calories are set at 1300. I have been primal/paleo for abour 4 weeks and transitioned over to this due to hunger. I am STILL so hungry! What gives? I don't eat dairy. My fats come from coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, butter and fatty meats. Should I just wait it out and eat but keep my ratios in check? Love this thread by the way! Moves really fast with lots of great information! TIA!
                        37 yof
                        5'9

Macros:
                        70% fat
                        20% protein
                        10% net carbs
                        1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
                        CW:171
                        GW:155

Comment

• Originally posted by adavison View Post
                          Hi ya'll!
                          I am in day 3 of the HFLC eating. I have my ratios set a 70/25/5.(101f/81p/16c) I am 5'9" 37 yof. Weight is 171.8. My calories are set at 1300. I have been primal/paleo for abour 4 weeks and transitioned over to this due to hunger. I am STILL so hungry! What gives? I don't eat dairy. My fats come from coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, butter and fatty meats. Should I just wait it out and eat but keep my ratios in check? Love this thread by the way! Moves really fast with lots of great information! TIA!
                          If you're only at 4 weeks Primal, your body is probably still looking for sugar to burn for fuel. And your leptin is likely screwed up (this is the hormone that tells our body we're hungry/not hungry based on the amount of fat we carry). Dr. Kruse has a better description at his website of how leptin works.

I would give it more time, maybe bump your total calorie intake up. I am 5/4 and consume 1500 a day minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            I do either honey or maple syrup in recipes, nothing else. I don't have a negative effect to them as long as I don't make it a habit to use them every day. Right now, I use 2 tbsp in 12 servings of cream cheese clouds, or 1/4 cup in muffins one day out of the weekend (I only eat 2 of 12 muffins). I don't think I'm consuming very much in that regard.

Oh and I use honey first and foremost since it is unprocessed (can go collect from a hive and use immediately if you're not allergic to bees). Maple syrup needs some processing (cooking) to be usable, so I use it second. I don't trust stevia after reading It Starts with Food. Personal preference, I guess. Fully primal according to Mark.
                            For the sake of argument, one serving of cream cheese clouds has 5 gm sugar. 2 muffins has 14 gm.

Comment

• I eat a lot of the same things every day, get tired, find something new. You just have to be patient and try what works for you.

Here are some good sites for recipes:

Peace, Love, and Low Carb

Low Carb Blogs

I get most of my fat from bacon, avocado, olive oil, butter, ghee, and coconut oil, and coconut milk.

I got sick of eggs, so now I make an avocado chocolate smoothie, which I am now tired of, so I am going to try a chai coconut milk with coconut oil version tomorrow. Some people do 1 egg, 2 yolks to reduce protein, and increase fat. I have had some troubles with heavy cream, so I make primal non-dairy creamer A Primal Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer | following my nose.
                              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• The Verdict

All right ladies, even though The Russian Circus reFUSES to leave,
                                I got on the scale anyway today.

January 16th was my last day of eating
                                high carb and I was 128.8.

January 17th was my first day of starting
                                high fat and moderate protein, since I can't
                                seem to get the damn protein in check...and
                                that day I was 127.4

Today, February 4th I'm 123.2

So there you have it.

Yesterday was another fail on protein, but I'm not
                                going to sweat it just yet. Stats were:

1376 cals

96g protein
                                5g carbs
                                107g fat

%
                                27/2/71

Just for fun, let's all pretend that
                                the entire 5.6lbs was water (for the haters)
                                and my new "starting weight" is 123.2.

I'll take it

Julie

p.s. oh, and I've been doing oil shots,
                                a la shangri-la since jan 17th as
                                well, and i always count them in my calories

Comment

Working...
                                X