Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looked for a more current thread but didn't find one. I began NK on the 13th and have dropped 6.5 pounds in 6 days. I've struggled for several years trying to lose excess weight and think maybe I've finally found the winning combination for me. Are any others out there still doing NK?

Comment

• Congratulations on your success so far! I stopped doing NK this summer, but intend to restart this winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice View Post
        Are any others out there still doing NK?
        Never left it. In my case, I have a high stress job, and NK enables me to just keep rollin' on. You may find some interesting info at Wooo's blog (she doesn't come here that I know of, and some of her posts aren't my style - but get her going on brain chemistry and she describes it from her own experience and from clinical observations as a practicing nurse) - The Scribble Pad

She also recently obtained a 23 and me profile (mine is pending - I am quite curious). In her case, she also obtained expanded data via another service. She recognized the utter necessity of NK for her. It makes interesting reading.

Comment

• Welcome Ice. Congratulations! Although I do not do NK anymore, I think it is an excellent plan. I started NK hoping to control a binge eating disorder. In the end, I found my answer elsewhere. Each of us needs to find just the right combination of macros that works best for our bodies. Good Luck.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Silent as the grave in here..I am starting back, never should have changed what I was doing.. I tweaked my program to death until I quit losing..and then gained so much back.

Anyway.. Hello.. Today was day 1, ground zero..
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Go Karin!

For those of you who don't know, I am the originator of this thread. Even though I don't live nk anymore, I find it to be a useful tool. Most of the time, I follow a much higher carb program. I am currently doing a 2 week nk experiment, in order to shed water weight for a play that I am in which opens on Friday.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I started nk about 2 wks ago but yesterday I got real serious with it. So much to learn! Have always been fairly LC & tried to tweak things around to incorporate higher carbs only to gain each time which would end in emotional eating.
                I am so balanced & satisfied this way.
                Have yet to test blood ketones but will on thurs or fri. Am doing the Fat Fast for a couple of days to see if I can kick start some weight loss & get dairy out. I suspect I'm sensitive to it, sadly.
                Haven't read this whole thread but would love to chat with others about it!

Comment

• I did NK about a year ago and since quitting I gained 50 pounds.. talk about depressing. I think my body prefers the LC/VLC. On day 3 now. Yesterday was a bit rocky. I am not testing for keytones blood or urine as my body lets me know in other ways. On the 3rd day and down 8. Even though its water weight, it needed to go.
                  Karin

Comment

• I did well yesterday.

I ate beanless chili, eggs, chicken, pork rinds, macadamia nuts and green beans. I felt awake and energetic all day.

Today's food is basically the same.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• so, interestingly enough I popped into Paleobirds carnivorous etc. etc...so she is gone? Her thread has run amuck and it ain't pretty. Too much drama. Long ago I subscribed to it but have since deleted it.

Having a good VLC day today. I am exhausted because of the running around I have had to do though. Feel like I am winning a race though.
                      Karin

Comment

• Paleobird has been gone at least 6 months. Some here have kept in touch with her through a yahoo group.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Buy some fresh mature coconuts poke drink the water then crack em with a hammer around equator ( put a glove on the hand that holds the coconut first )
                          Then pry meat out. One of the most nutritious foods around. I put some thru my single gear juicer and make fresh coconut cream or make coconut butter. Lots of pulp produced too to throw In Your high fat smoothie. It's limitless. I bet I'm 75% coconut. !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottbelanger View Post
                            Buy some fresh mature coconuts poke drink the water then crack em with a hammer around equator ( put a glove on the hand that holds the coconut first )
                            Then pry meat out. One of the most nutritious foods around. I put some thru my single gear juicer and make fresh coconut cream or make coconut butter. Lots of pulp produced too to throw In Your high fat smoothie. It's limitless. I bet I'm 75% coconut. !!!
                            Sounds amazing
                            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Paleobird has been gone at least 6 months. Some here have kept in touch with her through a yahoo group.
                              Sounds like some bad hurt and feelings happened just by reading her thread. That is not a friendly zone.
                              Karin

Comment

• do you guys have any issues with regularity when on a NK diet or does the low p, high f take care of that?

Comment

Working...
                                X