Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, I've been following your thread as well as one other. I'm doing a planned fast this week and yesterday was great but woke up with a killer headache. I'm thinking I didn't drink enough water in the evening. Planning my food for the day and the fat is not up where I need it today. Still full from breakfast so may not eat until supper and I just don't have time to read all 270 pages to get ideas. Can you help me out with a high fat snack idea? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcie View Post
      Hi everyone, I've been following your thread as well as one other. I'm doing a planned fast this week and yesterday was great but woke up with a killer headache. I'm thinking I didn't drink enough water in the evening. Planning my food for the day and the fat is not up where I need it today. Still full from breakfast so may not eat until supper and I just don't have time to read all 270 pages to get ideas. Can you help me out with a high fat snack idea? Thanks
      Pork rinds, bacon, berries with heavy cream, nuts

Comment

• Thanks MarissLinnea. I just bought some nuts so I had macadamia nuts. I weighed them out as they are so yummy and easy to overeat. I had bought some raw ones before but reacted to them in a bad way, I'm ok if they are roasted. I react to some fruits as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcie View Post
          Thanks MarissLinnea. I just bought some nuts so I had macadamia nuts. I weighed them out as they are so yummy and easy to overeat. I had bought some raw ones before but reacted to them in a bad way, I'm ok if they are roasted. I react to some fruits as well.
          Macadamias are great, just wish they weren't so darned expensive! And every time I find them when they are affordable, they are roasted. I have yet to try them raw.

Comment

• I need a scale too; I don't know if I will abandon it. Good job on your loss.

Comment

• Happy to report that despite the bad binge I had, I'm down 3 more lbs, yay!!!
              Last edited by MarissaLinnea; 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Glad you lost weight after the binge. You can call it a carb refeed. Lol
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Glad you lost weight after the binge. You can call it a carb refeed. Lol
                  That's how I'm trying to look at it, although it was more of a carb/fat refeed, lmao!!! Still glad I lost though, although I'm scared to weigh again when I go to the doc. Hope the scale hasn't gone up by then.

Comment

• Hey all! I've been eating MORE FAT for a week now. Been doing mostly great, but this afternoon I was feeling light-headed and still feel a little weak. Pretty sure this has something to do with sodium or potassium, but does anyone have any experience they'd like to share? I salt my food and I've been having about a half an avocado a day...
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Never mind! Got some Powerade Zero for the short-term, and some organic MSG-free bouillon for the long.
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Good job on finding MSG free bouillon. Bouillon is the easiest way to get the sodium in. Most of us have moved on from NK, but as the original poster on this thread, I am glad to answer any questions you may have.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Good job on finding MSG free bouillon. Bouillon is the easiest way to get the sodium in. Most of us have moved on from NK, but as the original poster on this thread, I am glad to answer any questions you may have.
                          Thanks so much!
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Good job on finding MSG free bouillon. Bouillon is the easiest way to get the sodium in. Most of us have moved on from NK, but as the original poster on this thread, I am glad to answer any questions you may have.
                            I for one haven't moved on (though I started before the thread, back in early Sept last year). I feel better, am slowly losing fat (distal to proximal, oddly) despite erratic exercise due to my job ... and I have no intention of looking elsewhere. NK just plain works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annlee View Post
                              I for one haven't moved on (though I started before the thread, back in early Sept last year). I feel better, am slowly losing fat (distal to proximal, oddly) despite erratic exercise due to my job ... and I have no intention of looking elsewhere. NK just plain works for me.
                              Yeah, Pebbles. A lot of us haven't "moved on" at all. We may not feel the need to post about our every meal but that doesn't mean it isn't still our eating plan and still working.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Yeah, Pebbles. A lot of us haven't "moved on" at all. We may not feel the need to post about our every meal but that doesn't mean it isn't still our eating plan and still working.
                                And I just came back to NK after trying ADF. Though this is my first time posting in this thread.

I tried it 6 months after going Primal (so over 2 years ago) and it didn't work as well for me since I ate too much protein and was counting calories as well. So I only did it for 6 weeks.

Now I have read up on some of the tips for vlc, I am finding it much easier and know it will be my WOE for the rest of my life.

Better results with less effort for me. I love how I feel on NK and have dropped an inch off my lower belly in less than a week.

No calorie counting, either! Yippee!!!

I had no idea how bloated I was by my 70-100 gms of carbs until I dropped them down to 30-40gm. I eat about 50-60 gm protein.

And like Paleobird, I eat an animal-based diet, with veggies as garnishes. I have FODMAPS intolerance, so I let my meat eat my greens for me and have offal (usually liver) 3-4 times a week.
                                Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-01-2013, 12:40 PM.
                                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Working...
                                X