Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I use my fitness pal and enter the recipe and it calculates it great and EASY.
    Where is this on MFP? I have been looking for something like this and haven't found it!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
      Where is this on MFP? I have been looking for something like this and haven't found it!
      HB - It's a website myfitnesspal.com. It has an accompanying iphone, ipad and android app for those devices also.

Megan

Comment

• Hi EMFers!

Just stopping in to say that I highly recommend the website of Dr. Georgia Ede, "Diagnosis Diet". An excellent resource for ketogenic advice.

Comment

• Honeybuns, on MFP, look in the track food section and then click on recipes.

I think I just threw myself out of ketosis with 3 small pieces of peppermint mocha bark. And I feel shaky now.
          Georgette

Comment

• geo- hmmm.. maybe but not necessarily unless you notice the same symptoms when leaving ketosis..
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Hi EMFers!

Just stopping in to say that I highly recommend the website of Dr. Georgia Ede, "Diagnosis Diet". An excellent resource for ketogenic advice.
              I caught a bit of the crazy post about eating more sugar.. I just could not read that train wreck of misinformation regarding blood sugar, diabetes etc.
              Karin

Comment

I caught a bit of the crazy post about eating more sugar.. I just could not read that train wreck of misinformation regarding blood sugar, diabetes etc.
                You mean that Danny Roddy nonsense? That thread keeps getting brought back from the dead.

Dr. Ede is a very interesting lady. She backs up all her assertions with science. She is where I go t the inspiration that a mainly carnivorous diet was indeed possible and, if well structured, very healthy. She has recently done a series of posts about ketosis and cancer that are well worth a read.

Comment

• PB.. I like that site. Just reading a few items already I have some insight for my DD ADHD..while I can do some of the cutting sugar from her diet.. she is going to still get it elsewhere. I talked to her about the diet mentioned, she is like, no donuts or soda? No way. She is 10.. but those items are going anyway. The brain research with dopamine is a lot of food for thought.
                  Karin

Comment

first, get an account

My MFP account is the same name as here. In fact, many of ours are. Go to community, look up members and type in the names to friend us

oh.. also, on HERE go to community, groups you will see a LCHF recipe group. Lots of recipes and tips on getting more fat.
                    Yeah, today I tried to change my MFP account to Pebbles67, but someone else from Georgia already has that username. So not cool. It is my actual nickname. My Mom's name was Wilma.

EDIT: MFP username changed to MDAPebbles67
                    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-03-2013, 04:39 PM.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                      Jan - could also be that you are losing fat where you aren't measuring. Maybe your wrists or ankles or feet or color bone.
                      +1 keep a pair of snug pants and try them on it is amazing how loose they can get when no other form of measurement is showing any improvement. My shoes are getting looser!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OOPS never mind
                        Last edited by demuralist; 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          Paula try it with an ! mark or space before the number maybe
                          I was trying to change it for the sake of making MDA connections. I guess I should change it for the sake of anonymity, but the cat is already out so to speak.lol

I could also do MDAPebbles67. Thinking about it.
                          Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• ^^i like
                            Karin

Comment

• battling a headache off and on today.. carb flu? remnants of cold? I might try some bouillon tonight as well.
                              Karin

Comment

• So, I cleaned up my bedroom today and found some candy I bought for my kids for valentines day. The crap is calling me. I am having "binge ideation". I clearly see myself eating the candy. I know how it will taste. I can feel the high that will follow. Often binges are triggered by cravings mixed with stressed emotions. Tomorrow is the start of the work week and a very long day for me. Weekends are tough because I have a lot of time to think about "stuff". So, I could be within a moment of blowing 19 clean days.

Luckily, my lovely husband made salmon in a curry sauce with sauteed spinach and mushrooms. I am sitting here fully satisfied at the moment.

I will take my binge avoidance supplements, l glutamine & 5htp and have my tea with CO. Everything should be fine.

I usually report this stuff in my journal, but I wanted you all to understand the eating disorder that I am facing.

I'll let you know the outcome.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X