Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 219.7 How can I be so giddy about .6 of a pound? Also lost 1.5 inches. That is a weight I have not seen in a year. Less than 10 from Primal low! I have lost a total of 28 lbs since Jan 1st.

My program seems to have solidified into 1200-1700 cals with one day up to my TDEE of 2400. LCHF carbs under 20g, Protein 50-75g on most days. Fat 75%. The amino acids and the menopause supplement have worked amazingly well to keep me from bingeing and help me sleep better.

A note on bingeing: every time I binge, It takes a week to get back down to my low weight and then another week to show new progress. I hope I can remember that next time. 12 days clean.

Have a great day!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Almost to the point where you will be losing 'fresh' weight. Go, Pebbles, go!

Comment

• Congratulations Pebbles! I get giddy over .2 pounds, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
        My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Paula, it takes me that long as well. While I love vacations, I always know that getting off the 2-3 additional pounds will be time consuming. My goal is to be true to plan during events like business trips and vacations. I do much better preparing all of my own food.

Congratulations on your progress!

Comment

• Welcome SugarfreeLife! I think it took most of us a good week or so to get our appetites and numbers in order. Remember that a cup of hot bouillon or salty broth will help alleviate any symptoms you get from going low carb. Many of us resisted that but in the end were glad we added it.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              gosh if I could just hold steady on the eating plan for 3 months I might see a pattern
              This is most definite the truth. I'm hoping that by the end of the month, I can be back on board with this by the end of the month. I start a new job that day so hopefully this will relieve my stress.
              Georgette

Comment

• Welcome SugarFreeLife!! Yes, my appetite was sort of raging the first week, but it normalized a bit after that. My appetite suppression after that first week really kicked in and it was a lot easier to restrict what needed to be restricted.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Welcome, Sugar Free Life! Eat as much protein and fat as you need to get solidly on the program, then tighten things up when you are ready.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Hi all! Hope it's not too late to join(leap) in!!

I'm new to EMF and am thinking as a post leptin reset / post hcg diet that LCHF would be a great landing platform. I still have 10-15 lbs to go. I've slowly weaned myself onto primal and off of grain&suagr over 2 years.

Naturally this all started when I suffered acute adrenal fatigue meltdown. Docs tried to prescribe antidepressants. I said: I'm here because I have no energy, no sex drive, and am overweight and can't loose even when triathaloning - and you want me to go on anti-dep Rx that will have the side affect of weight gain, depressed sex drive and maybe a wee bit more energy??? No wont do it. And I went off on my own quest to heal thyself. And like the rest of us here found primal. My energy is still not 100% and libido still weak. But mental fog is gone and now I'm starting to connect dots on fats. (You won't be surprised to learn I was a 22 yr vegetarian).

Well tmi but just felt compelled to dish my history. I didn't find the leptin reset miraculous but can't say it was a failure either. Just need to tweak the components. Like less protein- which is what intrigues me about trying EMF/LCHF with the strict guidelines.

I'm 5-6in // 155lbs.
                    Goal wt I kg=70
                    Protein = 70 g
                    Carbs= 35 g
                    Fat= 175g or 245g??????? It's where I'm confused. What sounds right to start with?
                    BMR- 1427 so my calories should be 1712-sedentary or 1962 light activity.

If that is off or miscalculated I'd greatly appreciate some helpful hints.
                    (On leptin reset I hit 118g fat // 110 G protein // 45 g carb as a sample day. After 8 weeks of leptin no weight loss but weight fluctuations -/+ 5 lbs. annoyingly.

Ok thanks all!!! Cheers for all,
                    Laela (Red)

Comment

• Oops, today I went to poweryoga back therapy class and in the last third I almost fainted and my muscles didn't obey me. I mean, this is really easy yoga workout that I'd normally do without any problem.

Do you adjust meals any way according to workouts? Or is it carb flu and I shouldn't worry?
                      Thanks.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
                      iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

• Are you drinking enough? Doing the bouillon? Eating up to the calorie limits?

Again Pebbles does some pretty significant work outs, so she should be able to chime in here. Mine are never taxing enough to make any kind of difference.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like low sodium. Drink the bouillon! You need 5000mg sodium per day.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I had the bone broth soup for lunch and salty pork rinds for snack. Other than that I don't use much salt, that's true. I'll add a cup of broth for breakfast too and I'll see. Thank you very much!

demuralist - yes, I'm drinking enough (finally, I had problems with it) and eating too (slightly above limit)

My journal

Comment

• if you are making your own bone broth, it may not be enough salt. 5000mg is a lot, and it makes a huge difference! I add a bouillon cube to my cup of bone broth.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I'll look for some organic bouillon cubes without weird ingredients, hope that I'll find something

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X