Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is "Johnson's Up Day Down Day" protocol. Basically do some version of very low calorie or fasting and alternate that with higher calorie days. His web site has a calculator to figure out the high and low calories if you are interested.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sabine has started two JUDDD threads if you are interested in the program.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by desertcreature View Post
        Oh - I can't tell you how many times I have done this! - ended up with too much of something because I was trying to dilute it!!
        Here is some advice on the egg whites if it's not too late:

Thanks for this. Demuralist already mentioned it & they are now safely in the freezer waiting for the day the dog need his breakfast & I don’t have any eggs!

Originally posted by desertcreature View Post
        Ok, I want to pass on a tip I just learned - don't freeze HWC!
        As you may know, I have an issue with fresh cream. It is a trigger food for me. I find that if I freeze it the resulting HCWC is drinkable, I get the fat calories down but it’s no longer as nice, so not such a trigger food.

PS: I freeze it in ice cube trays then suck on one in the summer if I crave some ice cream. For me it makes an acceptable alternative as I don’t use any form of sugar or sugar substitute

Comment

• I just wanted to mention that it happened again. Last night I came home and was feeling like I wanted to eat something even though I was not hungry. After the third trip to the hazelnut package and feeling full ( I HATE feeling like I over ate) I decided to drink some salt water since I realized I was looking for something salty to eat. Even before I finished the 6 ounce glass my craving to eat had evaporated. I don't know if it's psychological or driven by a need for sodium but it's worked twice in two weeks. The downside is my weight is up another two pounds this am but it's water weight so I hope it drops off in a day or so.

Comment

• How much salt in that glass of water?

Comment

• I knew someone would ask. I didn't measure. I am guessing about a gram of kosher real salt.

Comment

• Over the last few months I have added a number of BMR calculators here. None of which I think are particularly accurate but all are good fun (note to newbies - I am NOT a fan of using calculated BMR but YMMV). I wasn't going to post any more until I found this:

John's BMR Calculator

Its so good I just had to share.

Comment

• Just checking in...I was away on Friday. Since hitting my low weight on Fri 3/22, TTOM interfered with some attached binging. I have stopped tracking and am just eating 2-4 oz of protein with fat and 1/2 cup of veg at some meals. I am still off dairy and sweeteners. My calories are probably around 1600, my BMR. Protein between 60 and 70 grams, Carbs 25g, fat 75-80%.

The tracking was starting to make me crazy and I think that I hit the jackpot on my last experiment which is listed above and what I will follow from now on.

I have added some amino acids based on the recommendations of Julia Ross in her book "The Diet Cure". I will report in again next Saturday and talk more about the aminos.

Now that I have perfected my LCHF N=1, I am trying to read fewer threads on MDA because they just confuse issues for me and make me want to tweak things that do not need tweaking.

Good luck to those of you still following this protocol with me.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I'm glad you found your good spot for weight loss. May I ask a few questions?

Howvmany times a day are you having your 2-4 oz of protein? What sort, and how much fat are you adding?

I'm eating that amount of protein 3x a day but have been having lower fat and can't seem to budge the scale. I'm trying that after initially gaining with more fat. I'm having a similar amount of veggies, but still have so dairy in the form of plain greek yogurt. Maybe I need to give that up.

Comment

• calee, here is a typical day.

Protein 4 times a day. My snacks are macadamias or pork rinds both of which have protein fat and carb. Most meals are 3-4oz p

Breakfast
                      protein is 2 eggs, applegate sausage or bacon
                      veg (carb)-peppers and onion mix
                      fat-1 Tbsp Coco Oil and 2 Tbsp Coco Milk in coffee, 1 tbsp butter for cooking, 1 Tbsp mayo with eggs

Lunch
                      protein-tuna, lunch meat (hormel naturals), chicken or other left over dinner.
                      veg-1/2 cup broccoli and cauliflower mix or something similar
                      fat-2 tbsp mayo (tuna), 1 tbsp butter

2:30pm Snack see above

Dinner
                      3-4 oz Meat, veg with butter or salad with OO, vinegar and avocado
                      Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• You know, I was thinking about taking a break from the NK after a weekend of debauchery, but after coming back in here and seeing the posts, I've decided I'll get back to it. I can still enjoy strawberries and heavy cream on NK as long as I limit my strawberries to an appropriate portion.

Thanks for unintentionally encouraging me to get back to it.
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• good choice, Jenn

Paula! good to see you are doing so well.

My weekend was a mess foodwise. Cheesecake........... Rum............... Food was otherwise good and in good portions - but the cheesecake and rum totally derailed me.
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I binged a lot all weekend. Between my own job woes and now my husband's, I'm just barely making it through the day. I've decided I'm doing more of a low carb diet than NK. I'm increasing protein a bit, lowering fat a bit and keeping carbs the same. I'm hoping this works for me. I'm eating clean for 4 days a week and and eating like hell is freezing over for 3 just isn't cutting it.
                            Georgette

Comment

• JUDDD is hard......... but I'm going to do it for a bit and see what happens. I saw someone was doing M-W-F down days, the other days normal. I'm gonna see if this will work for me. I did good over the weekend - if you ignore the cheesecake and rum

I had lunch with a friend the other who works with doctor selling that HCG stuff. She was trying to "sell" me. I admit it was tempting. but not tempting enough. I've done the lose weight FAST crap - it doesn't stick, and you lose all muscle mass!
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                You know, I was thinking about taking a break from the NK after a weekend of debauchery, but after coming back in here and seeing the posts, I've decided I'll get back to it. I can still enjoy strawberries and heavy cream on NK as long as I limit my strawberries to an appropriate portion.

Thanks for unintentionally encouraging me to get back to it.
                                Of course you can have berries. I just don't eat them right now to minimize sweet things due to the binge issue, but some day (cue violins) I will add them back in. I also plan to add HWC back in after 2 clean weeks without dairy. By then I should be able to tell if HWC is okay for me.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X