Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

Tomi, If Rum is what stalls you I doubt that bothering to refigure your macros will do any good, sorry. I would suggest that you stick tight to the macros that worked when you were losing, and if you are able to-just allow an occasional rum, if it stalls you then you will have to pull back. But, my memory is that you also had some cake in there and maybe a vacation...so maybe the occasional rum isn't the issue?
    Well the rum is definitely a factor in the stall. I'm cutting it out completely - at least until I get to my goal weight. Yes, there was a vacation in Feb. and some pie last month. Oh dear................ you have quite the memory - and mine is faultering! Thanks for keeping me honest and reminding me that I have not been so great with the food extra's either.

I'm gonna try going full on Paleo and see what happens. I can't have milk/cream without a lactaid pill, and I can certainly do without cheese for a while. I'm gonna do this! My birthday (goal for weight loss) is coming............ 19 weeks away!!! I still need to lose 48ish pounds to meet my goal. I can still do it safely - 2.5 pounds per week will do it. But I'll have to be really disciplined and make sure I walk daily!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Go Tomi! I have a goal of 199 by May 1st which is the usual audition time for the summer musical in my town.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Second that Go Tomi!

I have a "mini" goal...I am terrified of seeing my doctor at the end of May for my annual exam at the weight I am currently. She will be shocked at how much I gained in a year, lol. So, my mini goal is that I not shock her.

Edited to add: I just checked, I weighed 161 when I saw her last and that was with clothing, lol. I'm 178.2 now, 1st thing in the morning with no clothing.
        Last edited by 252dlp; 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
        My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Well, whomever said it couldn't be done (the naysayers) can suck it,
          cuz I just successfully completed a heavy full body weight routine
          at the gym AND did six, 25 second sprints at 9mph with 3 minutes of
          3mph between them.

So there.

If I *HAD* any residual glycogen, IT'S GONE NOW!

And also, in the grand scheme of things with keeping protein
          low, I've found it's working better this time around for me.

When I'd eat too much in one sitting, I'd get a "protein headache"
          (at the temples, kinda like an MSG headache for me) and then my
          heart would beat faster about 15 minutes after the meat.

I've been keeping protein around 58 to 65g MAX (used to be 150 months
          ago) and while it's weird, cuz I'm used to eating so much more, I like it.

Last night there was a test - we had bbq'd up a TON of tri-tip steak and we
          had it on salad with a bit of salsa and 10g of sesame oil. I knew I had too much
          steak on mine, but damnit, tri-tip is so freaking tasty, and I thought I could get
          away with it.

But no, protein headache and fast heartbeat ensued.

I BLAME YOU ALL!

All right, I don't, but I have to blame someone, right?

Okie doke, carry on folks.

Good luck with everyone's new goals!!!!!!!

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

Last night there was a test - we had bbq'd up a TON of tri-tip steak and we
            had it on salad with a bit of salsa and 10g of sesame oil. I knew I had too much
            steak on mine, but damnit, tri-tip is so freaking tasty, and I thought I could get
            away with it.
            I can't find TriTips ANYWHERE!! Brad and I had our first tri-tip on our honeymoon in southern missouri (yes, cue the banjos - we went camping for our honeymoon) and it was amazing on a charcoal grill! I want to do it again, but no one sells them up here. I think wellness meats has them, but they're WAY more expensive than what we paid for it in Missouri. I so miss my tri-tip. I don't blame you for trying to get away with eating more.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Paula, I enjoy reading theory, so I'll continue to read P&V's first book, then read the performance one when it's more appropriate for my needs.

Tried to run over lunch. My legs felt tired. I ran 1/4 mile then walked a bit and wasn't able to get my mojo back. Finally gave up after about 7 minutes. Rode the bike for 7 minutes and gave up completely. I'll try to run again tomorrow. Wondering if it was just a head thing (mental) or if it was an actual physical response to something - like the migraine yesterday or what.

I also know I MUST start lifting again! I haven't done any lifting in probably 4 weeks.

Comment

• That is exactly what I meant to suggest. I think they would go together well in that order. I just remember thinkin "What? That's it?" when I got to the end of low carb living. Otherwise it was great.
                Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  I can't find TriTips ANYWHERE!! Brad and I had our first tri-tip on our honeymoon in southern missouri (yes, cue the banjos - we went camping for our honeymoon) and it was amazing on a charcoal grill! I want to do it again, but no one sells them up here. I think wellness meats has them, but they're WAY more expensive than what we paid for it in Missouri. I so miss my tri-tip. I don't blame you for trying to get away with eating more.

Really? Not even at Costco? Assuming you have one where you are of course.

Yeah, tri-tip is really spendy.

I don't remember what the poundage was, but it was about 8 THICK strips and it
                  was >cough.sputter.gag< 28 dollars.

I just threw it in the cart like I didn't even see the price cuz I was TIRED of lean
                  steak.

This stuff was marbled beautifully with no HUGE GLOBS that never get crispy.

Divine.

Hey, that's super cute and FUN that you guys went camping for your honeymoon.

Mike and I went to Sandals in the Bahamas, dropped about 6K (back when we were rich..... har)
                  for the most rinky dink stupid ass shit place I'd ever been in my LIFE. God, it was SO LAME!

Made up for it the next year and did it RIGHT in Hawaii for our 1yr anniversary instead.

I didn't want to go to Hawaii FOR the honeymoon because it's so dang contrived, but I sure
                  wish we woulda.

Sandals. Freaking Sandals. 13yrs later and I'm STILL irate about it.

~Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by unloading30 View Post
                    Ugh I'm an artificial sweetener junkie! As in the form of Diet Coke. I know I need to cut it out, but it sooo darn hard!

Yesterday went pretty good, I just went and bought some organic chicken broth from Trader Joes. Will that work? Also, what about heavy cream in coffee? I'm struggling knowing what to eat and in what combinations. Is there logs, sample menus anywhere?
                    I hear you and feel for you. I quit DC about 3 weeks ago. In fact, I quit ALL caffeine. I have now just taken out AS as well. I want no hindering of weight-loss.
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• We have a Costco that is new, but I'm not a member. The tri-tip we got was HUGE! Like almost roast sized. It had a nice layer of fat on one side, which we were told so sear before flipping the steak. Fat side down for, I think he said 7 minutes, then flip. The fat melts into the meat he said. It was amazing! I asked at our local meat market type store and they said it's not a common cut b/c it includes parts of 3 different kinds of steak and if they cut tri-tips, they lose out on the other three steaks. I'll have to check Costco.

Comment

• So, I was looking at the meats one day and this guy came up and gave me a hint about a great cut to get for a really reasonable price. Chuck Eye Steaks. Now he was hitting on me so I was reticent, and didn't really listen to the explanation, but I did buy the steaks and he was right. They don't always have them but when they do the price is right! I usually get them at Costco, cause theirs are the nicest, but Kroger sometimes has them as well.

For our honeymoon we did a week long swing dance camp on a college campus in West Virginia! We slept on separate twin beds that were on the floor, of course we were too tired at the end of the day for sex anyway (we also went on our honeymoon 6 months after our wedding). We did also go to Colonial Williamsburg for a few days, then to his family's place in PA where they had a reception for the people who couldn't make it to our wedding in Florida.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• unloading, create a profile on My Fitness Pal and then tell us your username. We will friend you so that you can see our food diaries. Don't be afraid to eat! (I meant to add this to my earlier response post.)
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• That keto calculator is awesome! Wish I had this a couple of days ago when I was figuring out my numbers!

Just to keep me motivated, can some others tell me their experiences in the first few days of going keto? My husband and I are on day 2 and we both feel REALLY off! Headaches, fuzzy thinking and just general lack of energy. I really want to stick with this for awhile but am worried that we're missing something and shouldn't feel this crappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salina13 View Post
                              That keto calculator is awesome! Wish I had this a couple of days ago when I was figuring out my numbers!

Just to keep me motivated, can some others tell me their experiences in the first few days of going keto? My husband and I are on day 2 and we both feel REALLY off! Headaches, fuzzy thinking and just general lack of energy. I really want to stick with this for awhile but am worried that we're missing something and shouldn't feel this crappy.
                              Carb flu!! We all go through it.

Drink bouillon at least once daily to help. And this run down, not-with-it feeling goes away after about a week. Keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marinas Florin View Post
                                Hello Pebbles67. There is a lot of misinformation circulating on the webs regarding aspartame safety and because I wanted to address that issue, I just finished writing a detailed rapport on this subject: Are There Any Aspartame Side Effects Or Dangers Like Getting Cancer?

I hope I clarified the subject
                                On this one, I have to disagree just based on my own life experience. Not scientific, but good enough for me.
                                1) I use artificial sweeteners, but rarely aspartame as it gives me a severe headache.
                                2) My friend has MS. She was told to avoid all artificial sweeteners, but aspartame most of all. Her symptoms abated quite a lot once she quit her diet soda habit.
                                3) I worked with handicapped adults who were born normal and became permanently mentally disabled due to ingesting phenylalinine as infants in the 50's. This was before the test that they run on every child at birth. I can't imagine any phenylketoneuric being stupid enough to risk their brain by participating in such a study. The disease is progressive so the mental disability worsens with exposure.

Why use artificial sweeteners at all if there are better options. Stevia Leaf, Honey, coconut sugar...Not for me right now, but maybe in the future.

Thanks for your input.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X