Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    For easy comparision:

12 148 ekatherine

14 179 64" 252dlp
    14 199 67" deborah105
    14 199 65" geostump
    14 225 70" pebbles

16 188 honeybuns

18 198 69" primal123
    18 198 68" sabine

20 269 66" demuralist

Look at the range in the size 14s. Even with height differences, that's amazing.
    I fit into two categories. A size 12 is just a bit snug and a size 14 is a bit loose (requires a belt) but my size 13 Arizonas feel great. I weigh 188 today, at 64 inches in height.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Just to add mine.

I'm 65 inches. My frame is small/medium. At 165, I wear a size 14 pant and a 10/12 top. At 160, I wear a size 12 pant (and still a 10/12 top).
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        For easy comparision:

12 148 ekatherine

14 179 64" 252dlp
        14 199 deborah105
        14 199 65" geostump
        14 225 70" pebbles

16 188 honeybuns

18 198 69" primal123
        18 198 68" sabine

20 269 66" demuralist

Look at the range in the size 14s. Even with height differences, that's amazing.
        You don't seem to have my height, maybe I forgot to put it in. I am 5'4".

I was a 16 from about 170 to 180, a 14 from 160 to 170.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
          Since we weigh the same and wear the same size, but I'm 2" shorter. I'm curious to see if you have a large or medium sized frame? I have a large frame.

On another note, if any of you have an iPhone, look for the app Gain Faitness. I'm doing the home based workouts and they are killer. It just uses your bodyweight, nothing else.
          I have a Samsung android-type phone. Rats, the iPhones always have the best apps!

I've always thought my frame big. You probably have more muscle than I do. I am not working out right now. At all.
          SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• ^ I always said I had a large frame...until I did the wrist measurement. Yeah. Not so much. Somewhere I remember that Geo posted her wrist measurement. Mine is much smaller. Sigh. There went my argument
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              ^ I always said I had a large frame...until I did the wrist measurement. Yeah. Not so much. Somewhere I remember that Geo posted her wrist measurement. Mine is much smaller. Sigh. There went my argument
              I just measured my wrist and its smaller. It's an even 7" around and my neck is an even 16" around. Not sure what that means about build, but the wrist change just goes to show that wrists can lose fat too.
              Georgette

Comment

• I really don't think height has anything to do with how your pants fit or what size you wear. Just looking at the cross sampling of everyone here, it is clear that we are all different and there really isn't a "one-size-fits-all". When I was at my most physically fit, all muscle, I could not get below 160. We're talking 130-pound-hay-bale-stacking muscles. Before my life was that physically active I held steady at 135. Same pant size. Contrary to what CW would have us believe, the number on the scale isn't the be-all-end-all. I'm working hard at being comfortable in my own skin, regardless of weight, rather than stressing about the number on the scale not being low enough.

Believe in yourself
                Like who you are
                Never say quit
                Positive mental attitude
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deborah105 View Post
                  I have a Samsung android-type phone. Rats, the iPhones always have the best apps!

I've always thought my frame big. You probably have more muscle than I do. I am not working out right now. At all.
                  I used to lift very heavily. I'm finding better results going strictly body weight now.
                  Georgette

Comment

• For shits and giggles, I decided to break out the measuring tape and do some measurements. Neck=16", Bust=39"(down 3"), Waist=41"(down 5"), Hips 46"(down 5") Thigh=23"(down 1"), Calf=15.5"(down 1.5").
                    Last edited by geostump; 03-12-2013, 07:26 AM.
                    Georgette

Comment

• ^Rock it Girl.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• No point giving you my sizes the system is very different over here & would confuse you all. I will say that doing LC I got into a lower size at a heavier weight if you get my drift. Also sizes now are larger than what they were 30 years ago. I would love to get into my UK size 16 jeans from high school but they're smaller than a current uk size 12. It also depends on the clothes. Mine range over 3 different sizes currently.

I have to say this whole daily weighing & tracking thing is very exciting. I have never done it before only weekly. The scale weight has not moved for a week now, my BMI has been bouncing slightly between 27.0 & 27.3 so that could be a reason for depression. I also unofficially measured bits yesterday – no change so more depression.

BUT looking in the mirror I can see something has changed. Everything is going south (to be expected at my age I suppose) & my stomach is showing indentations where the ribs are & wrinkles like a balloon that has been blown up then let down (not pretty but very rewarding) & my thighs have gone soft & squiggy. Most importantly, today the BIA monitor showed a full 1 lb (0.5%) BF loss, water was up & so was LBM slightly. This would suggest I am fat burning (Yes!!) but retaining water. This is born out by my inability to need the bathroom this am (this is what usually wakes me) despite my bedtime herbal tea & drinking as normal so far today.

So instead of depression at the sight of the scale getting stuck I feel optimism that a whoosh is forthcoming & I will not only break into a NSZ but also down into a new BMI number.

NB: Sorry if TMI but I am finding it all so fascinating & I thought others might like to know that just because the scale isn’t moving it doesn’t mean things aren’t changing on the inside. Maybe that’s where people go wrong, they give up too soon & stop or change things (I know I have in the past) when all along what they were doing was right, it just takes a little while to see it.

PS: Today is the first time I have woken up not hungry so have brought Breakfast to work with me but still not hungry (11:am). It has been approx 6 weeks since I started aiming for deep NK so maybe I have finally arrived.

Comment

• The difference in weight/sizes is very interesting. I was an 18 at 230, 16 at 215, 14 at 195, 12 at 180, I am now a snug 10 at 170. I am 5' 4" and very hour glass shaped 43in chest 31 in waist and 41 in hips.

Comment

• My measurements are similar to geo but no way I could get in 14's. I don'tpull the tape tight so these are loose measurements. Bust 39 natural waist 33 but fattest part of stomach is 41. Hips 45.5-46, calf 14, don't have a recent thigh measurement but I think it was 27 Feb. 1 so that's the problem with pants.

18w look too baggy, I don't have regular 18's but my old 16's are too tight to wear in public. I am waiting until they fit. I don't want to but anything but I may need an interim size 18 or stick with skirts. 16 skirts are loose. It was way easier when I was an old size 8. And what is with the upsizing sizes. I have old 14 s that look smaller than current size 8s.

Comment

• Ok Pebbles67 did I get these numbers right?
                              I am 5'5" 233 lbs = 65Kg is my ideal weight (Hell I'd be happy at 160), so break down is 65g protein, 32.5 carbs, 130 - 162.5 fat, 1650 Calories. Did I get that right??? Cause I am actually only eating 1200 per day and some days it's a struggle and others i'm starving marvin.

Feedback appreciated. smw

Comment

• Looks Correct to me. Definitely try the higher calories for a while. You will be more content.
                                Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X