Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I don't know. I was interested in balancing electrolytes. I like to use bullion to increase sodium (for leg cramps) but I don't like the water retention that comes with it.
    How long have you been using the bouillon?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      How long have you been using the bouillon?
      Just started today, then I read about water retention and decided to stop. I'm within 3 to 4 lbs of my goal weight and I'm anxious to get the weight loss part over so I can settle on a size and buy what clothes I can afford. I've been going up and down about a half lb. for quite awhile. I think water retention is part of the plateau problem.

Comment

• If I crave salt and I'm not eating something I can salt I just put some large crystal salt in a tiny dish and eat it one granule at a time until I've had enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          desert creature Awesome job! I need to use that cookbook. I own it too.
          I just wanted to mention that she has two cookbooks with "Everyday Paleo" in the title, this one is her second and has "Family Cookbook" under the title. Just in case you have the first, and can't find those recipes I mentioned. I swear I will be making her "Slow Chicken Curry" many more times - I had leftovers from it for lunch and dinner today, and I still can't get over how good it is. It was really easy, no exotic ingredients (Chicken thighs, curry powder, coconut milk, some veg, etc.) and done in a slow cooker.
          "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Comment

• To the person who needed a recipe for stevia-free fat bombs..

1 stick butter
            1 cup coconut oil
            1 cup almond butter
            8 or 10 oz unsweetened, 100% chocolate bar (I use one by Pralus).

Melt it all together, pour into muffin cups and freeze.
            I love them!
            Last edited by walkerlori; 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• cream cheese with cinnamon, yum reminds me of cheese cake. I use goat cream cheese.

Comment

• I make the cream cheese clouds and add cinnamon and cloves - yummers! Just go really light on the cloves cuz they can really carry a punch! If you really whip them up a lot they get sorta airy --- so you can eat even MORE for the same calories. bonus!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Looking for Pebbles or Demuralist's bone broth recipes...

I cannot get the search function working for this site - it won't find words I KNOW are in here. I am looking for the bone broth recipe that Pebbles and Demuralist uses. Can someone let me know where it's posted? Can't find it in LCHF recipe group either. It might be in the first Eat More Fat thread Pebbles started. Search function won't let me find that either...
                  Thanks!
                  "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Gosh, that makes me feel special!

Making a batch right now.

3 to 4 pounds of bones roasted in a 400 degree oven until browned
                    Let cool
                    Put them in a crock pot add cuttings from veggies (celery and onion and garlic bits) and cover with cold filtered water
                    Add a splash of apple cider vinegar
                    Salt and any seasonings you like (I like spike)
                    Cook on low until the marrow is soft
                    Strain through a fine sieve
                    I usually use it 1 part to 3 parts water in soups
                    Freeze it in ice cube trays
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Gosh, that makes me feel special!

Making a batch right now.

3 to 4 pounds of bones roasted in a 400 degree oven until browned
                      Let cool
                      Put them in a crock pot add cuttings from veggies (celery and onion and garlic bits) and cover with cold filtered water
                      Add a splash of apple cider vinegar
                      Salt and any seasonings you like (I like spike)
                      Cook on low until the marrow is soft
                      Strain through a fine sieve
                      I usually use it 1 part to 3 parts water in soups
                      Freeze it in ice cube trays
                      do you have any idea how much this makes & what the macros are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bifcus View Post
                        Sorry I am late with this - different timezone I suspect.

Ddraig, You might want to ring the venue in advance and check. In my part of the world a homemade hamburger would still typically contain breadcrumbs used as a binder. Even if it didn't, they may well have used a commercial herb mix with additives, or their special secret flavouring may be a bit of soy sauce, or it arrives topped with their house special - beer fried onions.

I can't do gluten, so in your situation I would either pay for the steak myself or take a meal with me. Steak and salad (no dressing, no marinade, no sauce, no chips) is the only thing I will eat prepared by others. Turning up with a meal in a container only feels awkward the first time, I do it regularly and you just to use a bit of chutzpah. Remember, it is your company that people want. The other trick is letting the host know, and turning up after the main meal has been eaten, so you can eat at home beforehand.
                        Hi Bifcus,

Thanks for you response. Normally I would agree with you & either buy the steak myself or just say Iím fasting, but this isnít one of those occasions. I do not intend to offend anyone doing me a goood turn just because I want eat differently to everyone else.

I will have a couple of HCWC during the day, order a plain burger & side salad (with my own dressing) then eat appropriately when I get back to get the macros in line.

The great thing about PB is that you can be flexible occasionally if you plan for it.

PS: Unlike you are I am not gluten intolerant, although I definitely feel better with out it.

Comment

• desert creature You def don't want a bone broth recipe from me. lol In all things culinary, I bow to demuralist and others who enjoy cooking. I am the research girl.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Sodium N=1

I have been pretty faithful about having one serving of bouillon a day for the last month. Two days ago I added a second serving in order to bring my total sodium intake up to around 5000mg.

Observations:
                            -Overnight, I gained 1.2 lbs of water, BUT this morning I was down 1.8 to a new low weight. Water weight gain is normal, but should go away in a few days. If it doesn't go away within a week, then it is possible that you do not need that much sodium. Give it time before you freak out over the weight gain and stop.
                            -I have my 2 servings of bouillon at breakfast and lunch in order not to overwhelm my body with too much sodium all at once or late in the day.
                            -I have had no ill effects from the tiny amount of MSG etc. in the commercial bouillon cubes. If it bothers you, get an organic brand without MSG. The bouillon is convenient because it packs a high sodium punch and you won't destroy your food with over salting. Remember 5000mg sodium is not = to 5000mg salt.
                            -My energy the last two days has been through the roof and my mood has been excellent even though I am going deeper into ketosis. The only change I made was upping sodium intake.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• P- I have not had my bouillon in so long. I wonder if this might be why things have also slowed down..
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Binge Eating and This Thread

I stumbled on this thread by searching weight loss. So glad!

Struggling and struggling with binge eating for several weeks now. I have strived to eat Primal for a while now, but compliance has been challenging.

Has a new challenge started or can new peeps just jump on in?

I did the math provided (what a great intro btw!) and here are my results

5'7"
                                55 years old
                                sedentary (working in marketing on a contract basis and taking a class so mostly at a desk during the day)
                                taking bio-identical and I know my hormones are wacked - working on this as always
                                sleep horrible - I have always suffered from mild insomnia - I fall asleep easily, but wake often and early
                                200 - weight today
                                158 - goal weight (my hsis)
                                36 - carbs
                                65 - protein
                                70% - fat (how do I figure this into my macros?)
                                1000 cal - I know this is low, I don't lose when I go higher - usually my calories work out to about 1200-1300

I am so happy and grateful I found this thread. Thanks you guys!
                                SW 209 | PSW 203 | GW 158

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                                X