Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    . Then bouillon or broth is going to be your best friend. Homemade bone broth is going to give you the nutrients you need so that your body isn't going to go looking for food.
    I think farther along in the thread you recommended Knorr Bullion cubes. I've been having severe leg and foot cramps so I started drinking Knorr bullion to increase my sodium intake. I'm wondering if the increased sodium will cause water retention thus slowing my weight loss (read scale numbers here). Also, you said you take a "cube" twice a day. Each foil wrapped cube is 2 servings, do you do 2 cubes? I also wondered if there was any other "instant bullion" cubes that didn't contain MSG. I'm concerned about inflammation.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• How much sodium in each knorr cube? One cube that we refer to here has about 1000mg.

Water weight gain will happen at first. Then your body will adjust and you will begin to lose again.

Demuralist mentioned one this morning without MSG.
      Rapunzel post 2023
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        How much sodium in each knorr cube? One cube that we refer to here has about 1000mg.

Water weight gain will happen at first. Then your body will adjust and you will begin to lose again.

Demuralist mentioned one this morning without MSG.
        Rapunzel post 2023
        Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

• There was great debate about the MSG on Dr. Attia's blog. He said in the grand scheme of things, the tiny amount of MSG in the bouillon is negligible when eating a regularly MSG free diet. He goes into it with great detail on his 'what do I eat' post - but all this dicussion is in the comments section.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            There was great debate about the MSG on Dr. Attia's blog. He said in the grand scheme of things, the tiny amount of MSG in the bouillon is negligible when eating a regularly MSG free diet. He goes into it with great detail on his 'what do I eat' post - but all this dicussion is in the comments section.
            Thanks, I didn't realize the MSG was minuscule. I feel better about that.

Comment

• If it still bothers you, I get HerbOx powder (in packets) which is MSG free, but they add disodium glutamate, which is essentially the same thing as MSG.

Comment

• thanks for the recaculations!!

I had forgotten about the BMR calculations, and was just going by MFP. I know it adds on for activity level, but starts off with that 1200 number and I got sucked in. 1500 is completely doable, and means that my 750 cal 'lunch' is a good balance!

Now, I just need to hold on and be patient!

Comment

• What is MSG please?

Comment

• I need a fat bomb that is sweetener free. I'm doing a 21 day sugar detox right now and can't have the sugar - stevia is also a no-go. Any suggested fat bombs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
                      What is MSG please?
                      mono-sodium glutamate. If I remember correctly, it's a neurotoxin. It's used to enhance the flavor of things - used in soups, added to steaks in steakhouses, chinese food, etc.

Comment

I need a fat bomb that is sweetener free. I'm doing a 21 day sugar detox right now and can't have the sugar - stevia is also a no-go. Any suggested fat bombs?
                        I'm interested in this as well. I was so a desperate couple of weeks ago that I just ate a hunk of butter. I've been trying to think of something else and the only thing I can think of is mixing coconut oil and butter, but there MUST be something better without a sweetener.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                        My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

mono-sodium glutamate. If I remember correctly, it's a neurotoxin. It's used to enhance the flavor of things - used in soups, added to steaks in steakhouses, chinese food, etc.
                          Thx now i remember why i went primal sounds horrific

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                            I'm interested in this as well. I was so a desperate couple of weeks ago that I just ate a hunk of butter. I've been trying to think of something else and the only thing I can think of is mixing coconut oil and butter, but there MUST be something better without a sweetener.
                            Could you use coco powder? I just eat the butter on its own but the coco powder i use has no sugar in it (9 days to go and i will have been sugar free for a year - the odd bar of 90% choc).

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              This was the first day in about 2 weeks I've worked out and OMG, I could definitely tell a difference in my lifting ability. I was still using the same weights I always have (12 pound dumbbells) but they were so much lighter? I ended up increasing my reps and the slowed down the moves and got a killer workout in. Felt good, real good.
                              It is amazing how much recovery you can get when you take a break.

Comment

If it still bothers you, I get HerbOx powder (in packets) which is MSG free, but they add disodium glutamate, which is essentially the same thing as MSG.
                                Sort of seems you can't win for losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X