Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad morning, Holy Cow!

B2B, I think inches lost actually says more than scale weight. Great Job!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I've been watching this thread for a while and decided to try it out about three weeks ago. There have been a lot of days I've failed to get my fat high enough, but I've lost 12 lbs in the last 18 days! It's so exciting to see the scale finally moving down instead of sitting at the same place. You ladies are awesome!

Comment

• Welcome Azure, Keep up the good work!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Don't freak out. It was my very first month after all- A big weight loss whoosh can be expected. Now, the challenge is to keep going But thank you everyone, and I freaking forgot to say... GOOD JOB PEBBLES!
          The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Second month in the record books. Down 2 more pounds for a total of 17 pounds down to a weight of 199. That's right, I'm in onederland. I cried when I saw the scale as I never thought I would see that number in my life. It probably would've been lower, but I had a bit of stress that lead to a few bad eating days. I'm back on track now.
            Last edited by geostump; 03-01-2013, 07:04 AM.
            Georgette

Comment

• OMG Geo That is awesome!!!!

Gladmorning, My first month was 18 lbs as well.
              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                So, my smoothie is basically what I put in that post...

8oz homemade Almond Milk
                8oz coconut milk (this is a can of Trader Joes "lite" -which has no ingredients in it but coconut milk and water-with enough water added to make a half gallon-healthier than the carton and about a third of the cost!)
                14g MCT
                1tsp instant coffee granules or 1T cocoa powder
                10 drops of strawberry flavoring
                liquid stevia to taste
                2 eggs
                1/2 C frozen chopped spinach
                1/4 C Aloe Vera Juice (for my IBD-I wouldn't bother if you don't have gut issues)

whirl it all in a blender till it is smooth, if you like a thicker one, you can add some ice, but I think that waters it down. NOTE: I put the blender container on a scale and weigh everything-makes for an easier clean up.

For the MCT, it is about $25 for 32oz at our Whole Foods, I get it at NOW Foods MCT Oil | Medium Chain Triglycerides | MCT's Oil for about half that even with shipping, I buy 3 or 4 at a time. Which given I only use maybe 45g a day at most, lasts a very long time.

p.s. I accepted also 252dlp.
                I got my MCT at drugstore .com for $19.95. Same brand and size. Free shipping at $25 so I threw in something else I needed.

I can only do about a teaspoon without getting a wicked tummy ache and full digestive cleanser. I have to be close to a potty. I wonder if my body will adapt. I've been trying to do it since 2/1/13.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  Second month in the record books. Down 2 more pounds for a total of 17 pounds down to a weight of 199. That's right, I'm in onederland. I cried when I saw the scale as I never thought I would see that number in my life. It probably would've been lower, but I had a bit of stress that lead to a few bad eating days. I'm back on track now.
                  YAY Georgette!!! Congrats on making it to Onederland! That the best best best feeling!

Comment

• March 1st already! I'm jumping back in to add more fat this month.

Went Primal 1/1/13. Slipped with flour twice and popcorn twice. Rest was no grains and only sugar is 85% dark chocolate a few times. Maintaining 5 pound loss. Three to go to get back to last summers hiking weight of 143. This is my month to do it.

I walk at least a 5k daily. Calories are between 1000-1400 daily. I'm only 5'4 with small bones. My macros tend to be 60/20/20 so I'll have to raise that 60% fat.

Congrats on all of the February successes! Just awesome everyone.

Comment

• My first month was a 13 pound loss. I have learned to really stray too far off the plan.

Next week I plan on adding in more exercise as I am not working. Also, on Wednesday, I plan on celebrating my birthday with a scoop of Jeni's ice cream. It's all natural, organic and its delicious. One scoop of that will do me well for a while. She's been featured on the Food Network and people from all over the country order her ice cream. I'd much rather have ice cream than cake.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                        My first month was a 13 pound loss. I have learned to really stray too far off the plan.

Next week I plan on adding in more exercise as I am not working. Also, on Wednesday, I plan on celebrating my birthday with a scoop of Jeni's ice cream. It's all natural, organic and its delicious. One scoop of that will do me well for a while. She's been featured on the Food Network and people from all over the country order her ice cream. I'd much rather have ice cream than cake.

Yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          I have told my husband that "a little bit " does hurt, so please understand when I say "No!"....that when getting back into ketosis there is a crisis at about 5 days to a week when my body will scream for carbs just before it changes over to fat burning. I have to make it past this hurdle.
                          Good job! Yes, I definitely have the same issue with a little bit does hurt...once I get established I might be able to have a little bit, but not for the first few months, lol. I'm also going to keep in mind about ketosis because I think something similar happens to me. I still haven't got to ketosis yet.

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                          Anyway, I have lost 18 pounds this month. I was afraid to weigh in this morning as I had some sushi yesterday, and I was just SURE the rice would make me put on water weight, well I guess it didn't.
                          Adding my congratulations!!! 18 pounds is awesome!

Originally posted by B2B View Post
                          but I have lost another 2-3/4 inches! So I am pleased with that and am ready to tackle March. EMF continues.....
                          Congratulations on the inches lost!

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          That's right, I'm in onederland. I cried when I saw the scale as I never thought I would see that number in my life. It probably would've been lower, but I had a bit of stress that lead to a few bad eating days. I'm back on track now.
                          CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

~~~

Well, my macros still aren't right. I go grocery shopping tomorrow and I'm going to buy nothing but fat, lol. I cannot seem to get the protein down. Part of that is that I just don't have the right stuff in my freezer/fridge/cupboards. I am also sure that I'm not in ketosis and I do think that my carbs have been too high and my protein is definitely too high.

This week, I only bought ground beef for my work meals...I don't usually do that, I usually have egg salad, or hard boiled eggs or tuna salad or something like that, so I think I'll go back to that next week.

I started PB on February 1st, though did get derailed a bit in the middle of February when I attended my brother's funeral services. Most of it was mostly primal, but it was higher in carb content, and a few things weren't primal at all.

So for my first month on Primal, I actually gained .8 pounds. That's okay, it's a process. I know my calories are still over what I am currently burning, my protein is too high and I've been eating too many carbs to get into ketosis.

I also know that I need a better snacking option than I've been using, so I'll work on that too.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                          My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• 252dlp, I'm sorry for your loss.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Copying from my journal:

So February wasn't that great of a month for me... Mid-month I went out to dinner with DH and another couple. I indulged. I gained 6 lbs. Remained derailed for the rest of that weight and gained 5 more lbs. Then lost 3 overnight, but gained 1 back... so I'm up 9 lbs for the month. Whoo freaking hoo...

I feel so crappy today. My belly is still bloated from the bloat bomb I ate yesterday. I know this food item is a bloat bomb, but I ate it anyway. Pants don't fit and that makes me very uncomfortable and, quite honestly, depressed. There was a time in February when they were too big...

Why is it so hard to get back on track when we've slipped?? What's really bothersome about it is that I was doing so so well! I lost 11 lbs in January! I lost inches in February - I could SEE the loss in the mirror. Then I let myself eat things that I knew would prevent success. And now, I need to get back on track, and I want to see success again, but I'm so discouraged by how I feel that I don't want to put the effort in.

Sometimes the brain sucks!

So, tomorrow night we are attending two fundraising parties. I totally don't want to go. There will be food there I don't want to face. But I am going to do what I can to avoid them. I'm going to start reading the Fat Fast Cookbook. Glean all the info out of it that I can, look at the recipes and get excited to try them. I will drink bouillon til it's flowing out of my ears. I will break this cycle and feel good again. I have to for my health, but more importantly, for my MENTAL health.

Day 1 folks... Another day 1... and with hard work and determination, it'll be my LAST Day 1.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Great successes for Feb! Watch out March!

I was doing great - and then stumbled on an apple pie! I've learned this: 1 peice of pie = 1 pound gained. So, I ended the month heavier than I started.

Today I'm starting fresh - lessons learned. I haven't had apple pie in over a year - so I should be good to go for another year. Not that apple pie is my only pitfall - but I've been craving it for months! I think its out of my system now. Next hurdle is the weekend alcohol habit. Thats my next demon to slay.

I bought ketostix - was showing a tad - but this morning "negative". bummed!!! Must get back into ketosis!
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X