Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    qqemokitty,
    Just use the macros on MFP as general targets. About mid January, I made my focus 80% fat and 20g of carb or less. The macros are just a guide to get you started. Then you can change things as you see how your body reacts.

will do my user name there is same as here, if anyone wants to be frandz!
    yay!

Comment

• InsearchOfAbs Thx for the info. Very interesting. Next time i stall I might try it & go and buy a thermometer

Comment

• Interesting on the body temp. I may have to get a thermometer and start monitoring, for interest sake.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• +10000 Wish I had seen that before I went to the grocery store. That is next weeks meals for sure!

Originally posted by geostump View Post
          Dude that as an awesome idea!!! I love carnitas!!!!
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Does any one know - is it better to keep the ratio right & average out the cals over a few days or stick to the cals even if the fat number goes down.

Just wondered as I have eaten a bit more carbs & protein today & to keep to 80% fat would take me 300 over on the cals which I can probably lose tomorrow (had the munchies tonight & ate off menu a bit)

Comment

• Considering a move to Sarasota next year. It is one of the most beautiful places I know and the ocean heals whatever ails me.

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
              ) I agree! Sarasota is paradise, I love it here.. Steady temps around 72 & clear blue sky from Chistmas through today.. unreal

New York is beautiful as well.. The Hudson Valley area is absolutely gorgeous as well, beautiful River, waterfront views.. Leaves change colors in the fall & bloom in the spring.. Aaahhh.. Life is good

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• In trying to think of ways to get more fat w/out protein: Has anyone tried adding butter or coconut oil to bone broth? I just bought the TJ's organic beef broth and that is my plan. Very much hoping it helps with the low carb flu as well because I am in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare up and starting a second job. Low carb flu might kill me

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I used to take my temp when DH and I were trying to have babies. The temp was instrumental in that it made it possible for me to know for sure that I was pregnant before a pregnancy test would register. I'd watch my temp, wait to see if it would change after a few days... if it didn't, I was pretty sure I was pregnant, but it always took like 12 days to show up on pregnancy tests (the digital ones, anyway - the line or no line tests are triggered on lower hormone amounts).

I want to recommend to everyone the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe that Chris found. OM nom nom nom sooooo good. Even better the second day! I'll post it here but I think Chris also posted it in the recipe group for ease of finding later. You have got to try it!

And while you're in the recipe group page, check out the Parmesan-Dijon pork chops... oh my word... delicious! Those are also very good as leftovers.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                    In trying to think of ways to get more fat w/out protein: Has anyone tried adding butter or coconut oil to bone broth? I just bought the TJ's organic beef broth and that is my plan. Very much hoping it helps with the low carb flu as well because I am in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare up and starting a second job. Low carb flu might kill me
                    Chris adds butter to her bouillon drinks. I bet you could add a tbsp to your broth without a problem. Make sure you add salt though to keep those electrolytes up while transitioning into the low carb lifestyle.

Comment

• On a keto board on facebook, everyone says the ratios are more important than the total calorie consumption.

Comment

• I think in our January thread PaleoBird chimed in. You don't keep adding more calories (unless you are seriously hungry) to get your ratios right. Instead, finish the day the best you can, and start fresh the next day.

Speaking from experience this last month, keeping your ratios right, while your overall grams and calories are too high for your body, keeps you out of ketosis and (if you do this enough days, like I did), causes weight gain.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• what is fat bread?? It sounds sinful. And choffee? Spill!

Originally posted by foodiegoneprimal View Post
                          Mmm had a slice of fat bread grilled with 3 strips of bacon and two eggs scrambled in some of the bacon grease. Also had a cup of choffy with half & half...choffy is my new favorite thing. Less caffine than coffee and a wonderful deep chocolate flavor. Down another lb at 176 this morning.

Age 48
                          height 5'3
                          SW 215 lbs
                          LW 172 lbs
                          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Fat bread rocks. Check out our recipe group (pretty early on - probably the 1st page) for a recipe.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• valmason, I lived in Gainesville for quite a few years and always planned to move to Sarasota as well, we vacationed there when we were kids. then I met the hubs and ended up staying a while longer before I moved to the South (Tennessee is way more southern than Florida!)

Everyone needs to 1. Check out the recipe thread, and 2. post those recipes that you find working. Just make the title of the new discussion the name of the recipe so it will be easy for us to find it!

For me, regarding the percentages, I don't pay that much attention to them. I work hard at keeping the carbs and protein within the limits and then fill in with the fat. If I go over on the carbs/protein, I ignore that and move on like it never happened. No guilt no punishment, just a learning experience. That helps me get back on track the fastest of anything I have tried. I think a day once a month (depending on your activity level) going over your carb/protein amounts is not going to kill you if you don't go totally nuts, but it will knock you out of ketosis no matter how much fat you have.

there are a few of us who have added butter to broth or bouillon and find it hellpful. It really is about the sodium though, so if it is low sodium (Trader Joes usually is) gotta add some.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thx that what I assumed

Comment

Working...
                                X