Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to GAIN weight... and I need your help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ash877 View Post
    I strongly agree with this. I can gain a little if I were to eat a lot of icecream, but my body feels like hell, and unless I am eating it every day, the weight doesn't stay. It just seems to bloat me and cause water retention.

I came to this diet to feel better. Whatever the scale says doesn't really matter. I just want the energy and strength to live life again. The longer I eat better food, the better I feel. Just one day of eating crap will make me feel like crap for 1-2 days. It's just not worth it to me. My body feels better every week. I am able to work out again, and I feel more like my old self.

Try not to stress about what the scale says. Just put good food into your body. Sleep a lot, and keep stress levels down. Your body will heal itself given the right food. Just give it time.
    Of course the goal is to eat WELL, not just a lot. But at the moment, eating fully Primal won't help me regain the weight I've lost, either in body fat or in muscle. I'm less concerned with the scale than how I look and feel, but I both look and feel like crap. The scale is actually a motivator; if I gain 2 pounds, I'm elated. When my pants are a little tighter, I feel like I've acheived a small victory. But eating fully Primal hasn't done that for me; ice cream has. I'm trying the Perfect Heath Diet (which is bascially Primal with potatoes & rice) to see if the extra starch and fat will help. So far, I feel pretty good, though I haven't yet noticed any difference in the mirror. What's important is that I'm FEELING better so far, which is way more important than whether I've actually gained weight. I think I just function better on a higher carb diet. I still avoid gluten, legumes, soy, and corn as well as vegetable oils, though I'm far less afraid of sugar and starch than I used to be.
    "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf

Comment

Originally posted by Siren View Post
      If I wasn't so adamant about not eating gluten (last time I went on a bread bender, I ended up in the ER a couple days later), I'd be heading to the nearest In-n-Out for lunch today!
      Well, for what's worth you can eat totally gluten free @ In n Out, I do it all the time!

Double Double Protein Style (wrapped in lettuce), mustard fried, extra grilled onions, pickles. It's messy as hell but SO delicious. Their fries are made in peanut oil and the dressing has sugar in it, but I try not to sweat the little things in this case. :P You could always not eat the dressing.
      yay!

Comment

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
        Well, for what's worth you can eat totally gluten free @ In n Out, I do it all the time!

Double Double Protein Style (wrapped in lettuce), mustard fried, extra grilled onions, pickles. It's messy as hell but SO delicious. Their fries are made in peanut oil and the dressing has sugar in it, but I try not to sweat the little things in this case. :P You could always not eat the dressing.
        Believe me, I know ALL about the Protein Style! =) It's hard to walk in there and NOT eat fries or get a shake, though. I just try to avoid the place altogether. But... I dunno... maybe I should pay it a visit... ? Hahaha =)
        "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf

Comment

Siren, you might want to look up gastroparesis or talk to your doctor about it to see if it sounds like what you have. I have it, and I get the terrible pain after eating. In the beginning I lost a lot of weight really fast. Once I learned what I had I was able to eat more. Now I need to lose weight, which is why I'm here, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
          My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
          X