No announcement yet.

"Fruitarian" diet puts Ashton Kutcher in hospital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally some actions here - fruitairian versus paleo - not much in common eh, what about an old fashioned DUEL to end the discussion once and for all:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Actually, I think that, for some people with some genetic backgrounds, a fruit-based diet might be do able, considering that they do avoid grains, legumes, and PUFAs, with the exception of nuts/seeds, though those are generally soaked/sprouted, which eliminates most phylates. There is also very, very little to none processed foods.

However, that doesn't mean that everyone would/could thrive on it.

Not everyone has a negative reaction to whole fruit sugars. I know that I cannot live on the fruitarian or 80/10/10 style of eating.

Comment

Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
        Actually, I think that, for some people with some genetic backgrounds, a fruit-based diet might be do able, considering that they do avoid grains, legumes, and PUFAs, with the exception of nuts/seeds, though those are generally soaked/sprouted, which eliminates most phylates. There is also very, very little to none processed foods.

However, that doesn't mean that everyone would/could thrive on it.

Not everyone has a negative reaction to whole fruit sugars. I know that I cannot live on the fruitarian or 80/10/10 style of eating.
        This.
        We have no idea about his medical history. Maybe he is somewhat IR. Not everyone with IR is fat.

Or...to look like Steve Jobs he probably also had to lose weight, so he might have been calorie restricting as well and from what I understand most frutarian diets encourage high caloric intake.
        Plus, "pancreas levels" isn't exactly a very specific description of what was wrong. Probably that means insulin, but we can't be sure.

Comment

The long term fruitarian examples the fruit person gave all look like they have bad teeth. None of them were overweight though.

Comment

I think a raw paleo diet would be interesting. A La Denise Minger (is that her last name?). Anyway, problem is, I'm no fan of raw meat/fish/eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
              I think a raw paleo diet would be interesting. A La Denise Minger (is that her last name?). Anyway, problem is, I'm no fan of raw meat/fish/eggs.
              I agree. Lots of raw fruit/veg, some raw/slightly cooked animal products.

Comment

It's pretty much how I eat (per volume). Lots of veg, some fruit; meat/eggs on the side.

I don't do well with the raw meat, though.

Comment

If you really want to take a trip down the rabbit hole, have a read of this:
                  http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1940951...s_Handbook.pdf

Forget carb flu, apparently if you go fruitarian you can expect to feel like crap due to the "detox" stage for years.. This guy talks about taking over 10 years to get past it.

As for our visiting fruitarian, I saw you post the exact same response on a news article. I've gotto say, your definition of "world class" or "super athlete" and mine are certainly not the same.
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                  X