February Fast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Fast

I am going to be doing a fast at the beginning of February. Anyone want to join in?

We have had a few other threads on fasting. If you are interested, you might do a search and read through them. People have been doing different types of fasting, and for different reasons.

Personal notes: My reasons for fasting are for auto-phagy. I'll be going for 2-4 days. I've gotten out of the habit of weighing recently, so I don't think I will weigh at all. I will be drinking water with lemon juice and salt added, having no food, and doing some extra activities like cold baths, drinking detox tea, dry skin brushing, and some extra slow walking.

I might bite. I have found some "boosting" effects from IF (12-16hr, every other day) but I got out of the habit lately. Which is sad because I swear I was going into ketosis two weeks ago (frequent urination, weird taste in mouth). Could use a turn back to the norm.

It would be 1 Feb to 3 or 4 Feb?

So long as I can keep my tea, I think I'll be fine. What's "dry skin brushing" entail, though?

Oh, and can I keep coffee? Taking the S.O. out on the 1st for coffee.

M.

Comment

I am in for limited fasting. I did 17.5hrs yesterday and I liked it. It surprised me how easy it was; not something I could have done pre-primal I don't think.

I was planning to do a "Leangains" approach and keep my eating inside an 8 hour window.
      "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

MEversbergII-When we have done it as a group before, everyone does their own thing and just uses the thread as a place to connect, get some support, share experiences. So, tea and coffee is fine if that is what you want to do.

Dry skin brushing is using a soft bristle brush on your skin, brushing from your extremities towards your heart, doing arms, legs, trunk. It is supposed to help with detox by stimulating your nervous system. Takes about 5-10 minutes to do. I find it both relaxing (during) and enervating(after).

I will be having my last meal tonight, and then seeing how far, within the 2-4 days window, I get. The Super Bowl may interfere.

Itchy166-Although you are welcome, I don't know if this would be a good thread for IF. I was thinking more along the lines of regular fasting, as in no food. There are a couple of IF threads going most times, where you might find more items to your interest.

Planning pork carnitas for my evening meal tonight...then I'm off to the races!

Comment

Ill join you
          I will fast till breakfast Monday (just had late breakfast Friday). Going for a 3 hour drive to pick up my husband from a conference, and they plan on having dinner there, but I bet we won't find anything decent, so I was going to IF anyway.
          I will still have tea or coffee with HWC if I need to though.
          Sabine do you have any liquids or just water?

Comment

Hey, Ayla. I drink water with lemon juice and salt in it, and tea. Some people have had good success with having a small amount(<50calories) of cream in their tea or coffee. Or even a small serving of kraut juice or bone broth. But I am one of those all or nothing types. I can stay completely away from it, but if I have just a taste of something, I want more and more.

Comment

My S.O. and I are on board.

I think I could do two days at least. I'll try and chime in.

Water, coffee and tea for us. Cycling is our exercise (we're car-free weird-o's)

M.

Comment

me too,well, good idea,I was planning to do a "Leangains" approach and keep my eating inside an 8 hour window.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  MEversbergII-When we have done it as a group before, everyone does their own thing and just uses the thread as a place to connect, get some support, share experiences. So, tea and coffee is fine if that is what you want to do.

Dry skin brushing is using a soft bristle brush on your skin, brushing from your extremities towards your heart, doing arms, legs, trunk. It is supposed to help with detox by stimulating your nervous system. Takes about 5-10 minutes to do. I find it both relaxing (during) and enervating(after).

I will be having my last meal tonight, and then seeing how far, within the 2-4 days window, I get. The Super Bowl may interfere.

Itchy166-Although you are welcome, I don't know if this would be a good thread for IF. I was thinking more along the lines of regular fasting, as in no food. There are a couple of IF threads going most times, where you might find more items to your interest.

Planning pork carnitas for my evening meal tonight...then I'm off to the races!
                  Thank you for the welcome. I'm certainly not ready to fast much longer than 18hrs. I might creep around here a little to see how you all make out however.
                  "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

I've done a 24hr one not tremendously long ago. I predict the S.O. wont make it past 24hrs, if that, but I'm going to try for four days just to see what happens.

M.

Comment

I'll give it a go. I've done a few 24hour ones before, with not too much trouble. Hubby away til monday so I'll see how far I get. Will have some salad in evening to share a meal with the kids - plan to keep it to about 50 - 100 cal.
                      Just came back from a nice chinese buffet and managed to stay primal for most part and then I saw a piece of lovely cake... I am still well under 100g carbs for the day but I would love to get into ketosis at last.
                      I am starting now - Friday 1st 8.20pm

Comment

Day One

Looks like we've got MEversbergII, possibly Itchy166 and lougskypes, Ayla2010, and Blueberry. Plus me. Welcome all, and I hope you have a good experience. Would any of you like to post your goals/methods/starting stats if you are taking them for this fast? Weight loss, ketosis, autophagy, discipline, spirituality, why the hell not, etc? We've got some scattered details, but as you can probably tell from my posts, I am a chatter. I like the stories.

Checking in after my first day. I had to stay up later than usual last night, driving a carload of kids down winding country roads, so I am rather wiped this morning. I know it is from the sleep(also had to get up early to take Child to a school event) and am planning on heading back to bed after my chauffeur duties are done, and feeling much better when I wake up.

I got through yesterday with minimal hunger. I did find myself thinking, 'better get something to eat' a few times, before I remembered I was fasting, but it never got to the walking-into-the-kitchen stage. I made it through my social situation without eating. I had my cramps excuse all ready, but got there late, and in the bustle of things, never even had to give it. No one remarked that I wasn't eating, and when dessert came around two hours later, I was only praised for resisting. Social norms on my side for a change!

I had a normal bowel movement yesterday afternoon, and am expecting it to be my last for the duration. Noting it because it is easy to lose track of when was the last time when you get out of your normal routine.

Did not get to do any of the 'extras' I was planning due to my schedule, but I am looking forward to some dry skin brushing and a detox bath(epsom salts, baking soda, ginger) this afternoon.

How is everyone else?

Comment

Like blueberry, I started on the 1st,at around 2300. Had guests, had dinner, etc.

Not been hungry today, nor was I really yesterday (I only ate one meal yesterday). I keep noticing the time and thinking like I should get something but I'm not all that hungry. Not that I've done much active stuff today!

Reasons: Discipline and Why not? I'd already be on day two if I hadn't had a lapse of the former, though Maybe I'll get back to ketosis.

Method: Don't eat anything, just drink tea. Minimum of two days (so I could eat late Sunday I suppose), though I'd like to go try for four (Late Tuesday I could break it) or so.

M.

Comment

Just passed the 48 hour mark. Feeling a little hungry, and tired because of not enough sleep last night. Looking forward to an early night tonight, both because of catching up on my sleep, and avoiding any nagging hunger.

My plans for breaking the fast are still up in the air. We haven't solidified our Super Bowl viewing plans, and that might decide whether I stop Sunday evening, or power through to Monday.

Comment

I derp'd and went into auto pilot mode and made soup.

At least it was good soup.

Next time, gadget!

M.

Comment

Working...
                              X