Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milk??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
    If you stay in a calorie deficit it shouldn't matter anyway, but milk is a trigger food for me, so I avoid it when being on a diet. Instead I eat fresh low fat cheese to get calcium and kasein without the carbs and excessive fat...
    Why do you want casein?

    Edit: Why do you want casein, if it is for the slow-digesting effects, but low fat cheese that has insulinogenic lactose in it anyway?
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

    Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      Why do you want casein?

      Edit: Why do you want casein, if it is for the slow-digesting effects, but low fat cheese that has insulinogenic lactose in it anyway?
      The cheese that I use to eat have little lactose, so I don't care too much, and it don't seem to spike my insulin anyway. I eat around 100 gram of cheese together with raw vegetables like broccoli in my first meal of the day at 2 pm. Casein seem to help with dieting, there are some studies that indicates so...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

      - Schopenhauer

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
        The cheese that I use to eat have little lactose, so I don't care too much, and it don't seem to spike my insulin anyway. I eat around 100 gram of cheese together with raw vegetables like broccoli in my first meal of the day at 2 pm. Casein seem to help with dieting, there are some studies that indicates so...
        I don't doubt the effects of casein; I just doubt the effects of casein with lactose. I feel like whey is more health-friendly, though, since it has anti-inflammatory properties, and not many people have whey sensitivities vs casein sensitivities
        My chocolatey Primal journey

        Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
          I don't doubt the effects of casein; I just doubt the effects of casein with lactose. I feel like whey is more health-friendly, though, since it has anti-inflammatory properties, and not many people have whey sensitivities vs casein sensitivities
          If you are concerned about the spiking of insulin, then I can assure you that whey isolate spikes insulin even more than pure sugar! True story...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

          - Schopenhauer

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            If you are concerned about the spiking of insulin, then I can assure you that whey isolate spikes insulin even more than pure sugar! True story...
            I don't doubt that. That's not my concern.

            My concern is why you would spike your insulin with lactose at the same time as slowing down digestion with casein.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

            Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

            Comment

            Working...
            X