Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some guy in the gym threatened to beat me up, over diet. LOL!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
    Which is why I never get involved in diet and food related discussions. It's a touchy topic and typically everyone thinks they're right.
    amen. Same with politics.
    ad astra per aspera

Comment

Give ripped a break. I'm glad he put the geezer in his place. Besides, what good are big legs if they can't do anything? All show, no go.

Comment

Dude lets face it....he didn't threaten to beat you up over diet. Sure that started your little bro down, but the threatening didn't come in until you called him a pansy and went on about stage performing and such.

Either way this is just hilarious stuff all round. Makes me kinda glad if I go to the gym its just the freaking YMCA.... the old guys there are much less likely to challenge me to a pose off.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-30-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

You should have just started loading up the bar anyway.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Gyms attract a wide variety of people, of all shapes in sizes! You have the roided screamers, the walk around 10 mins. between setters, the starers, the stinkers, the over perfumers, and the list goes on...I've had enough of gyms over the years and run around in the woods now trying to catch Grok. I do have my faithful "Total Gym," remember Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley? and for the past 20 years it's been my go to exercise piece!

The best thing to do with idiots in gyms or anywhere is to nod your head slightly yes (yes you're an A-hole), hold your hand up slightly between the two of you (they will see this as a sign of submission, actually a five fingered flip off), and turn slowly to your left (if your right handed) and walk away. 99% of the time this completes the interaction, however they may physically attack you. At this point continue pivoting to the left which will put your strong leg and arm towards them. You can use this momentum to punch with your right hand, use your left hand as a shield. Their arms will most likely be extended, aim under their left arm just beneath the ribcage. Or don't punch, simply complete your pivot which should place you slightly to their left, and use both your arms to shove them as they charge by. They will usually fall to the floor because of their momentum, or at least stumble off 20 or so feet. Now think! Evaluate the situation and take action! Follow up with kicks and strikes, or a safer approach...run like hell! (That's why sprinting weekly is so important) Anyways, i guess that's why I run around in the woods these days, sorry for rambling, Peace....5x

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA THIS FUCKING THREAD I'M LAUGHING SO HARD THANKS OP MY SIDES HAVE LEFT ORBIT

Is this what I'm missing by not going to the gym?
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                You should have just started loading up the bar anyway.
                Thought about it.

In my old gym where I used to train at with buddies that used to train together for powerlifting, we used to do stuff like that all the time. If someone came up with a challenge spare of the moment, we'd do it. It was harmless fun and only pushed us to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA THIS FUCKING THREAD I'M LAUGHING SO HARD THANKS OP MY SIDES HAVE LEFT ORBIT
                  Your welcome!!!

Comment

I stopped caring what anyone else at the gym thinks once I realized I was stronger and looked better than 90-something percent of the people there. I don't really talk to people at the gym--just get in, get work done, get out. If someone feels the need to try to tell me something ("son, you won't get any stronger just lifting a really heavy weight a few times" happened the other day on bench--from an old fat guy) I just shrug or say "OK" and get on with my day.

This story is pretty funny all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                    X