Cholesterol reading help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cholesterol reading help

Hey guys and gals, my doctor wants me to go on a low cholesterol diet because my "LDL is a bit high". I would like to form my own opinion but can't understand the format it was given to me in. Maybe someone can help me out?

Cholesterol 5.7 mmol/L

LDL 3.5

Hdl. 1.8
    Chol/hdl. 3.2

Trigs. 0.9

I am use to seeing numbers like "240" or "50" and stuff. I am assuming its a decimal point movement but not sure. Also, taking thoughts/suggestions.

25 year old healthy male. Have to get tested every 3 years for my job.

Simple. You're obviously not in USA. The world uses mmol/L, USA uses mg/dL. Conversion for TC, HDL & LDL is approx 1 mmol/L = 39 mg/dL. For trigs its is 1 mmol/L = 89 mg/dL

Your numbers look pretty good
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
      Hey guys and gals, my doctor wants me to go on a low cholesterol diet because my "LDL is a bit high". I would like to form my own opinion but can't understand the format it was given to me in. Maybe someone can help me out?

Cholesterol 5.7 mmol/L

LDL 3.5

Hdl. 1.8
      Chol/hdl. 3.2

Trigs. 0.9

I am use to seeing numbers like "240" or "50" and stuff. I am assuming its a decimal point movement but not sure. Also, taking thoughts/suggestions.

25 year old healthy male. Have to get tested every 3 years for my job.
      The last number is the standard desired by CW
      Cholesterol 5.7 mmol/L = 193.3488 mg/dl <200
      LDL 3.5 mmol/L = 135.34416 mg/dl <100
      HDL 1.8 mmol/L = 69.60557 mg/dl >=40
      Trigs. 0.9 mmol/L = 34.80278 mg/dl <150
      CHOLESTEROL/HIGH DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN 3.2 <4.3 This measure is the ratio of Cholesterol to HDL.
      Last edited by Cryptocode; 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM.
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Edit
        Last edited by Kingofturtles; 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

HEY! Those are almost MY numbers!
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Is it bad that my Trigs are 66? I still worry about that, even though HDL is 86.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

You can worry when they're 1000.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

A little freaked out this morning as I retrieved the results from a blood test for life insurance. I’ve been on Primal for 6 months. I went from 176 lbs to 160 lbs between August and November and have maintained since then. My TC is 292 with LDL-195, HDL-82, and Tri at 71 and what is really strange is that my fructosamine is 2.1mmol/L. My numbers were much better on the SAD. I’ve been reading comments and this seems really high compared with others. I lift 2-3 times a week, and sprint at least once. I'm taking iodine, and I am going to increase copper and selenium, cut down on snacking and increase slow movement. Will this be enough?

Comment

You just lost weight. Check again in six months. And with trigs that low, your LDL is guaranteed to be the happy, fluffy kind. Re-----lax. TC is nothing, especially when your HDL is freaking 82. You look great!
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm not as worried about my health concerning these numbers but I'm sure my insurance company will jack my rates. Still, I'm very puzzled by the high fructosamine.

Comment

Working...
                    X