Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks bottled Frappuccino's - Primal or Not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The very idea of Starbucks is as far from primal as from the Moon. And Frapucinos taste like coffee flavored dishwasher with loads of sugar. If you are really primal, how can you even hold it in your mouth long enough to gulp down? Are you sure its cofffee that you can't do without? Maybe the sugar?
    But then I come to think, even Starbucks had something that may be called coffee, at least that did not have anything else aded, just sour tasting black drink.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGirl View Post
      the Starbucks bottled Frappuccino (usually in mocha or coffee flavors) is the only thing that tastes okay to me.
      Having drank more than my fair share of the mocha frappuccinos back in the day, I'd wary a guess that the reason they taste okay to you is because of the sugar.

It was definitely eye opening to me the first time I had real, unsweetened coffee. It lost some of its glamour that day, but, honestly, coffee isn't naturally sweet.

Comment

Good coffee.....like really good coffee. Fresh roast and just ground needs nothing. And to to add anything to it is like taking your single malt aged scotch and just splashing it into a big glass of soda. Just saying.

But yeah....starbucks needs doctoring

But no dont drink the frappuccino thing. Hell, go add honey and cream and some coco to your homemade maxwell house and you would have a healthier concoction.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Good coffee.....like really good coffee. Fresh roast and just ground needs nothing. And to to add anything to it is like taking your single malt aged scotch and just splashing it into a big glass of soda. Just saying.
          I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Comment

You can change your coffee tastes pretty quickly. I like mine with coconut milk. Once you cut the sugar out, those frappucinos taste like shit. I had a pumpkin latte at Thanksgiving and had to dump it, it was so cloyingly sweet.

I used to drink coffee with cream and sugar. Then I did Whole 30. And went 3 weeks without coffee and wanted to kill someone. Then I had coffee with coconut milk and it rocked my world. I just knew it would be gross. Stupid me. Now it is my preference.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
              X