How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stephanie View Post
    You keep being rude, hope it gets you far in life.

High five.
    Lmao. So she proves you wrong and all you can do is cry about someone being "rude"? You're the rude one. Like she said, you describe human as beds, and showers, and wine, and believing in Jesus, and etc. You realize that by your definition of human, you just called the majority of the human population as sub-human? And since you think humans are above animals, the only logical conclusion is that you feel, because of your bed and shower and religion, that you are superior to the majority of the planet. You're the only one being rude. Narrow-minded, judgmental, and rude.
    Last edited by Primal Moose; 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitebear View Post
      Superior is relative. Put a man and a tiger in an empty cage and find out who is superior then. It's true that humans are superior at many things but we are near the bottom when it comes to pure physical ability.
      And really, in the end, the worms think we all taste the same
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
        And really, in the end, the worms think we all taste the same
        like enbalming fluid?

Comment

Calling names is wrong. I felt it was an insult. I'm sure if someone called you narrow minded you would feel the same way too?
          It might hurt my feelings for a second but then I would take a look at my viewpoint because the last thing I want to be is narrow minded.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            like enbalming fluid?
            What? I like my tigers well preserved.
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

You keep being rude, hope it gets you far in life.

High five.
              I explained I wasn't insulting you... what more do you want?

Anyway.
              If you want to be all butthurt, have at it.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

What? I like my tigers well preserved.
                I feel the same way about cougars.

Comment

Calling names is wrong. I felt it was an insult. I'm sure if someone called you narrow minded you would feel the same way too?
                  There's a philosophy out there that says insults can in fact be useful. If you respect the insulter, then maybe you should ask yourself why they said what they said and if they're right. If you do not, do you really care what they think, and, really, would you want them to think well of you? Just something to ponder.

Comment

I feel the same way about cougars.
                    Right under the gif of Liz Lemon. Well placed

Comment

Right under the gif of Liz Lemon. Well placed
                      Hehe... timing is everything!
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Neckhammer, I was thinking the same thing; Superior needs to be defined. Humans are mostly definitely at the top of the food chain, but qualitatively better than other species, I don't think so.

I look at it this way: What species could you remove and do the least harm to other living organisms?

I'm not a biologist but it seems to me very few living organisms would become extinct if humans were not part of the picture. Some populations would certainly decrease, rats and dogs come to mind but unless there's a bacteria that exclusively depends on the human body I think most living things would get a long just fine.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

There's a philosophy out there that says insults can in fact be useful. If you respect the insulter, then maybe you should ask yourself why they said what they said and if they're right. If you do not, do you really care what they think, and, really, would you want them to think well of you? Just something to ponder.
                          And can I say this one more time...
                          I was NOT insulting her.

I was stating that her "assessement"/position in the topic, her comparison between humans and animals, was "narrow minded" or limited etc... not HER. Geezus.
                          She misread it... not my doing.
                          I was making an observation, and pointing out some facts and inconsistencies with her theory, not judging her.

So

And, as usual Drssgchic, is right anyway.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            And can I say this one more time...
                            I was NOT insulting her.

I was stating that her "assessement"/position in the topic, her comparison between humans and animals, was "narrow minded" or limited etc... not HER. Geezus.
                            She misread it... not my doing.
                            I was making an observation, and pointing out some facts and inconsistencies with her theory, not judging her.

So

And, as usual Drssgchic, is right anyway.
                            I know you weren't. Just pointing out that just because she chose to be insulted didn't mean she couldn't still use it constructively.

Wait- I actually said something before you said the same thing but better? Score!

Comment

Huh? Did you come up with this philosophy? Never heard of it before. Lol.

Comment

like enbalming fluid?
                                I certainly hope not. By the time I'm done with this body I hope to put it in the ground, w/o a toxic mix of chemicals. Just in the plain dirt, and let the worms feast, or as per my avatar above ground and let the vultures and ravens enjoy my flesh.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X