No announcement yet.

Multivitamin Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will dive into the world of bone broth and marrow though. Going to pick some up this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
      I like Rainbow Light Nutrition. It's a food based multi with some impressive macros imo
      Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems, All Natural Vitamins and Supplements - RainbowLight.com
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
        I like Rainbow Light Nutrition. It's a food based multi with some impressive macros imo
        Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems, All Natural Vitamins and Supplements - RainbowLight.com
        This one has iron in it along with calcium. Is this ok or not? I'm waiting for a call back to see if it has corn. Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Keilamarie View Post
          So I just got off the phone with Kirkman vitamins and thank you for the help!!!!!!!! I didn't see free of corn so I called. They said the vitamin C they use is derived from corn but the protein is removed. Does this mean I can have it? How does that effect the lectin content? If I can have that, then I found my vitamin! I'll be so happy
          Awesome! I would assume that since lectins are proteins, they would be removed in the process.

Also, I went to the Proferrin website to check for allergens in their iron supplement, and the info states: "Proferrin® ES does not contain milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soybean, corn, or gluten products." It's made from bovine hemoglobin. I'm always anemic or borderline despite being a fan of red meat and liver, and Proferrin is the only supplement that can actually bring up my numbers and doesn't make my guts hate me. I was really happy to see that they're offering a free 30 count bottle for new customers, shipping is $7. It's usually $25, and I'm technically a "new customer" because I usually order it elsewhere, lol. Also, you can get it by prescription from your doctor, sometimes that works out cheaper than OTC if you have good insurance.

Comment

wow, great info thanks! Problem solved Always nice to grab a deal.

Comment

The problem with multivitamins(and supplements in general) is the poor absorption rate and the added fillers like cellulose, silica, etc. They're usually GMO, and they don't mind cutting corners at the expensive of your health. I do take some supplements sometimes, but it's usually only from really trusted brands, ie; those who will answer emails with precise info, not "we're unsure, or we can't tell you due to its proprietary formula"

Also, many multivitamins contain vitamin A as betacarotene, which is just toxic.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                Also, many multivitamins contain vitamin A as betacarotene, which is just toxic.
                Care to elaborate? Have not heard of this before...

Comment

I have a bottle of Rainbow Lite for men and it does not have any iron in it. Which is perfect because if you are eating a lot of meat or even using cast iron cookware you will get a good dose of iron. My ferritin levels actually got a little high and I ended up donating blood a few times this past year to get it down. I agree with the other posters that you should try to get most of your vitamins from fresh whole foods. The only thing I would normally recommend supplementing is a fermented cod liver oil and vitamin D if you do not get sufficient sun during the winter months. Good luck and welcome to the community!
                  "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                  X