Salt and Insomnia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    No no no....your all wrong. Sugar is what you take to counteract stress, much like a supplement (or a drug...I'm not quite sure). Now if you have a caffeine addiction its ok! You just need massive amounts of sugar to be sure that you don't accidentally start the cascade of lipolysis and the ever stressful event of beta oxidation. That shit'll kill ya you know

Whoops this threads about salt though. DO NOT SALT YOUR COFFEE.....bleh. I don't care how much sugar it needs, but salt is a crime. Accidentally did this with salted butter once....NOT good.

I love salt....plenty in my bone broth and on my food. I have about three different typeUs in the house at most times.
    Yep, even though yerba mate, tea, chocolate, and coffee are ALL pretty potent sources of antioxidants.

Salt used to be added regularly to traditional Chinese preparations of tea although I think it had something to do with the fact that they were all drinking powdered tea back when they were doing that. They do NOT add salt now that they use loose leaves to brew most tea in China and Japan.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
      I think his sleep disturbance is likely related to other factors that we're still working on trying to understand.

But I think it's definitely a worthwhile thing for people to try, because you never know what might end up helping since sleep disturbance can have so many different causes.

YogaBare, do you use pink Himalayan salt, or the standard sodium chloride table salt? Do you find that consuming a lot of salt makes you really thirsty?
      Totally agree BB - there's so many causes. I think it mostly has emotional roots and once you have the predisposition a myriad of lifestyle factors can trigger it (basically anything that throws you out of balance). I think there might be some of blood pressure connection for me too. Hows your husbands BP?

I use sea salt but not the pink stuff (I haven't looked into it too much but pink salt doesnt seem right...) and it actually doesn't make me that thirsty. Ironically when I was vegetarian (and low salt) I would drink 2-3 litres of water a day and still be gasping!

DO NOT SALT YOUR COFFEE.....bleh. I don't care how much sugar it needs, but salt is a crime. Accidentally did this with salted butter once....NOT good.
      Lol
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I actually i like salt in coffee, but i put in a massive amount of sugar and cream.

Comment

No no no....your all wrong. Sugar is what you take to counteract stress, much like a supplement (or a drug...I'm not quite sure). Now if you have a caffeine addiction its ok! You just need massive amounts of sugar to be sure that you don't accidentally start the cascade of lipolysis and the ever stressful event of beta oxidation. That shit'll kill ya you know (read sarcasm)
          Sounds like you're starting to get it.
          Derp says almost EVERYTHING except caffeine and sugar elevates stress hormone man.
          Nah, just pretty much everything that has to do with restriction of necessary compounds(carbs, sodium, etc)
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
          X