Smoked Oysters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Oysters

Sadly, I cannot locate Crown Prince Smoked Oysters anymore and really miss them. They were packed in olive oil. All the other's I have looked at have bad oils like soy or safflower...yuck! So, I bought some Chicken of the Sea Smoked Oysters packed in water. I haven't tried them yet, but am kind of leary since they are Chicken of the sea brand. What do you think? Any other brands you've tried that are of good quality?

I miss my Crown Prince smoked oysters!!

Order the crown prince oysters online in bulk. I can find those everywhere, even gas stations. Where do you live?
    Make America Great Again

Comment

They are on Amazon at a decent price.
      WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

They've been out of stock on Amazon for about 6 months. I live in Washington. If you can find a place online to order them let me know, please!!

Crown Prince Natural Smoked Oysters in Pure Olive Oil, 3-Ounce (Pack of 9): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Comment

Crown Prince Natural, Naturally Smoked Oysters, in Pure Olive Oil, 3 oz (85 g) - iHerb.com

iherb will have them in on the 31st.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

I just saw that on iHerb, too! Trader Joe's used to carry them and so did my Co-Op and then all of a sudden during the summer I couldn't get them anywhere and went through withdrawls... lol.

Comment

Smoked Oysters with 1.2g Omega-3 | Boiled Oysters | Crown Prince, Inc.

According to their website, they offer only two oyster products and the smoked one is packed in cottonseed oil. So you're probably better off not being able to find them anymore. Looks as if they've ditched the olive oil.

Crown Prince Natural Smoked Oysters in Pure Olive Oil, 3-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

They're out of stock of the ones in olive oil on Amazon.com and I doubt they'll be in stock again anytime soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                I just saw that on iHerb, too! Trader Joe's used to carry them and so did my Co-Op and then all of a sudden during the summer I couldn't get them anywhere and went through withdrawls... lol.
                I think it's because they went through a recall. I can find them everywhere in socal, which is odd. Usually just the boiled ones though.

I wouldn't eat the cottonseed ones if I were you. GMO crops, and a huge amount of pufa.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

None here in Oregon TJs either. Tried the Chicken of the sea ones, weren't great, but in water.
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    I think it's because they went through a recall. I can find them everywhere in socal, which is odd. Usually just the boiled ones though.

I wouldn't eat the cottonseed ones if I were you. GMO crops, and a huge amount of pufa.
                    I wouldn't touch any of those bad oils, that why Crown Prince was so awesome. Guess I will open the ones in water and put them in my own olive oil.

Comment

I found John West Smoked Oysters in sunflower oil here... I havent tried them so dont know if there any good but might be worth looking out for?
                      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I know Mark said sunflower oil is okay... better than the others I suppose.

Comment

Try eating some raw ones. Washington state has some fabulous oysters to choose from.
                          ----------
                          Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                            I know Mark said sunflower oil is okay... better than the others I suppose.
                            Uh, no, he didn't. Quite the opposite.

Straight from his "Definitive Guide to Oils":

Originally posted by Mark Sisson
                            Insanely high in PUFAs with little to no Omega-3s to balance them out, sunflower seed oil is a pretty bad choice for sauteeing, baking, roasting, and even salad making. Trouble is it’s everywhere, and it has a reputation for being healthy. Just don’t keep the stuff in your house (not a problem; it’s flavorless, odorless, and completely boring), and keep dining out in cheap chain restaurants to a minimum (or you could do what I do and request everything be cooked in butter), and you should be able to avoid sunflower seed oil.

19% MUFA
                            63% PUFA
                            10% SFA
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              Uh, no, he didn't. Quite the opposite.

Straight from his "Definitive Guide to Oils":
                              He changed his mind in 2012:
                              Is it Primal? – Sunflower Oil, Wheat Germ, Skyr, and Other Foods Scrutinized | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Working...
                              X