Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to duplicate sugar satisfaction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 burpees give me an amazing endorphin rush, for very little time and effort

In food, I second the Greek yogurt and honey suggestion (add cinnamon too - YUM.)

Although personally I think the sugar phobia is overblown.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by SeaHorse View Post
      Pork straight from the oven, with chilli/chocolate and sea salt. The fat from the said pork.
      This sounds super tasty, any particular cut of pork? And are you making a rub with cocoa powder, chili and salt?

I'd prefer this to sugar any day.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Intense exercise or pain will do it. A tattoo for an example of pain. Now you know why some people have so many of them. Exercise is cheaper and more easily repeatable. It has to be exercise that is NOT FUN while you are doing it. Now you know why sugar is easier.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Sex.

Comment

Sugar is as satisfying as sex so essentially I am having sex all day long. Good to know. Thanks, Paleobird.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              Sugar is as satisfying as sex so essentially I am having sex all day long. Good to know. Thanks, Paleobird.
              If you honestly believe this, then you have never had really good sex.

Comment

You said it not me.

You're more than welcome to show me what I've been missing though.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
                  Cocaine.
                  Or Tramadol, slow release, one of the most blizzful legal drugs known to mankind. It even blunts or removes hunger, gives you more energy for exercise, and makes you feel a little high without interfering with what you are doing. One 100 mg tablet may give effect also for the day after...
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    Or Tramadol, slow release, one of the most blizzful legal drugs known to mankind. It even blunts or removes hunger, gives you more energy for exercise, and makes you feel a little high without interfering with what you are doing. One 100 mg tablet may give effect also for the day after...
                    Sure. Other than causing grand mal seizures, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

Snark aside, I think the point of this thread is: That blissful high is what comes before addiction, and the things that cause it are often pretty harmful, so you should try to wean yourself off needing it.

I agree with PP that the only things that come close are my morning cup of coffee and intense exercise (both of which I believe I'm probably addicted to). Tabatas are better than most sex I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        Sure. Other than causing grand mal seizures, it sounds like a lot of fun.
                        Sure, some people may get bad reactions to aspirine, carbs or even Cocaine as well...
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Sure, some people may get bad reactions to aspirine, carbs or even Cocaine as well...
                          Three other things I don't put in my body.

Comment

How do you get high off tramadol? Have you done ECA stacks before? You sound like you spend quite a lot of time on bodybuilding.com or /fit/
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

I think cocaine would probably feel awesome, but I've never tried it because when I was a kid I read a Sweet Valley High book where a character died trying cocaine for the first time. SCARED STRAIGHT. God, I'm vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                How do you get high off tramadol? Have you done ECA stacks before? You sound like you spend quite a lot of time on bodybuilding.com or /fit/
                                No, I have never used ECA stack or spent a lot of time on the cites you are mentioned. I have experimented with tramadol though and never got any bad reactions for the 4 -5 years I have tried them, and I usually use 2-3 tablets of 100 mg per week, one tablet every second day or so. For dieting and sense of wellbeing it is important that it is slow release and not the powders in gelatin capsules. Here where I live I buy them over counter, and it is correct what paleobird says that it may produce seizures in some persons, but a doze of 300 mg per day is considered to be safe. Personally I never use more than 100 mg every other day though...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X