3 weeks ok...now suddenly HUNGRY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxide View Post
    Never mind the time of the month. It sounds the beginnings of carb flu. You've finally depleted the last stores of carb-fueled sugar in your system, and your sugar-burner metabolism is screaming for carbs. DON'T GIVE IN. If you're hungry, stuff your face with fat. Lots of fat. Pork sausage, bacon, salted butter right out of the tub, coconut oil, ground beef. Stuff up until you're as full as Thanksgiving day, allow yourself to gain a pound or two. Your body will respond by making fat-burner hormones and afterwards you'll be less hungry.

Your hunger may or may not be driven by PMS, but either way, you can't give in with carbs this month. You must adjust your body to Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat...
    Strange, my body burn fat and glucose all the time, it's not an either/or switch...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by meloroaster View Post
      thx all
      i succombed yesterday and got a cookie which i GLEEFULLY ate then felt fine although i ate probably more dried cherries than was resonable last night. oh well.
      today i upped my 'healthy' carbs a bit by adding a little fruit. feel better. certainly not as frenzied as i felt yesterday!
      Great choice on upping the carb level a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
        Strange, my body burn fat and glucose all the time, it's not an either/or switch...
        Maybe not put it certainly is a proportional upregulation of one over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          My theory is that for the first two months, you need to THINK of it as an on/off switch.
          Quit trying to foist the Perfect Health Diet on Primal newbies.
          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Working...
          X