Too many eggs and hypoglycemia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
    How does coconut oil "displace" PUFA's? Thanks.
    It's highly saturated and its medium chains inhibit the livers formation of fat.

"An important function of coconut oil is that it supports mitochondrial respiration, increasing energy production that has been blocked by the unsaturated fatty acids. Since the polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit thyroid function at many levels, coconut oil can promote thyroid function simply by reducing those toxic effects. It allows normal mitochondrial oxidative metabolism, without producing the toxic lipid peroxidation that is promoted by unsaturated fats."
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
      A 56g extra lg egg has 800mg PUFA. Why do you consider this a high amount?
      It's a relatively small amount when you consider the sizable amount of nutrients it contains. However, it does tend to add up, hence the coconut oil.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

I think my problem may actually be some type of allergy or difficulty digesting eggs. I'm on day 6 egg-free and I've suddenly become regular (I'm not usually) since stopping and seems to have a lot less bloat/gas. Just feeling better overall I think.
        My art blog.

Comment

Hi wafaa!

A while ago a couple of my daughters were reporting symptoms to me after eating eggs. So I thought about this a bit, and decided to try sourcing better quality eggs and eat them exclusively, just to test. The kids said eggs were well-tolerated again, and no more egg ickies. We also discovered how good better eggs taste - might be a duh! moment, but sometimes you just have to experience things yourself to get convinced.

It might be an idea. Glad you are feeling better, though!
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            It's highly saturated and its medium chains inhibit the livers formation of fat.

"An important function of coconut oil is that it supports mitochondrial respiration, increasing energy production that has been blocked by the unsaturated fatty acids. Since the polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit thyroid function at many levels, coconut oil can promote thyroid function simply by reducing those toxic effects. It allows normal mitochondrial oxidative metabolism, without producing the toxic lipid peroxidation that is promoted by unsaturated fats."
            Thanks. I am thinking coconut oil instead of PUFA will increase energy production but it isn't clear (to me, at least) that if co-ingested, coconut oil will compete with and displace PUFA.

Comment

That's interesting... I've been eating two eggs fried in butter every morning and have found that I'm shaky, starving, and uncomfortable within an hour. I always thought it was just my big appetite, but I don't seem to have the same problem if I eat a big piece of meat. Wish I knew why.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                Hi wafaa!

A while ago a couple of my daughters were reporting symptoms to me after eating eggs. So I thought about this a bit, and decided to try sourcing better quality eggs and eat them exclusively, just to test. The kids said eggs were well-tolerated again, and no more egg ickies. We also discovered how good better eggs taste - might be a duh! moment, but sometimes you just have to experience things yourself to get convinced.

It might be an idea. Glad you are feeling better, though!
                THIS!! Proper free-range eggs contain even less PUFA's and more SFA as well.
                "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

This thread is old but I'd like to throw in my experience... I experienced the same hypoglycemic symptoms until I removed the egg whites and just ate the yolks. Suddenly, all the symptoms are gone. Maybe it was an allergy? People with egg allergies tend to react to the whites rather than the yolks.

Comment

I probably should try that. I am sensitive to eggs, but I would be fine with eating only yolks if that were possible. Or at least better with eating only yolks than only whites.

Comment

Eggs have a lot of protein.

Protein is insulinogenic.

...connect the dots?

People have the strange idea that only glucose drives insulin. That is not nearly true. Protein is a very significant cause of insulin spikes.

Comment

Working...
                      X