Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    How can I be eating more than I think?
    I know counting calories is not exact, but its close enough.

DO you mean you think I am eating more than I need? I am eating what I need, and yes its working so far so yeah.
    Blimey.

I was just pointing out something because I saw you said you ate below your BMR and figured, hey, maybe she might want to know she can eat more and still lose weight. But if you don't want to, fine, your choice.

BTW, I'd recommend using the calculator on MyFitnessPal, if any. IMO, more effective.

Didn't mean to "offend" or whatever.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

I am using MFP currently, if I use their macros it tells me to eat:
      Calories: 1520
      Fat: 51 g (Way too low)
      Carbs: 209g (no way in hell can I eat this many carbs without feeling shit)
      Protein: 57 g (the only thing that matches approx)
      These macros will help me lose weight yes, but I feel like crap eating that many carbs.
      This is my goals:
      Calories 1200
      Carbs: 15g
      Protein: 60g
      Fat: 100g
      I feel great eating these macros, or less. I def could not eat any more if I tried, so thanks, if I needed to eat more I would
      Not interested in starving myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
        I am using MFP currently, if I use their macros it tells me to eat:
        Calories: 1520
        Fat: 51 g (Way too low)
        Carbs: 209g (no way in hell can I eat this many carbs without feeling shit)
        Protein: 57 g (the only thing that matches approx)
        These macros will help me lose weight yes, but I feel like crap eating that many carbs.
        This is my goals:
        Calories 1200
        Carbs: 15g
        Protein: 60g
        Fat: 100g
        I feel great eating these macros, or less. I def could not eat any more if I tried, so thanks, if I needed to eat more I would
        Not interested in starving myself.
        At the risk of offending again...

You can edit your macros. :P And it's pretty easy to eat more. Tad bit more bacon or cheese if you're so adamant towards low carb. Gotta say, you're kinda my opposite: I love eating craptons of food. Kinda like a human vacuum cleaner when it comes to my plate, actually. ^_^
        Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
        https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
        MFP Food Diary:
        http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
        (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

I know I can edit them, which is why I set them to what I did
          I was just showing you the comparison to what they tell me I should it.
          Again, I can't possibly eat more. I have finally (after 13 years of bingeing to the point of feeling so sick), learnt to listen to my body, and eating just what I need.
          This is something that no-one could possibly understand unless they have been there. Eating only when I need to is very freeing.
          So yeah. Thanks though.

Comment

I'm not trying to lose weight but lately I have been consuming a lot more dairy, previously I just didn't eat any out of disinterest. Since incorporating dairy into my diet, I've noticed zero changes in my weight.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
              I'm not trying to lose weight but lately I have been consuming a lot more dairy, previously I just didn't eat any out of disinterest. Since incorporating dairy into my diet, I've noticed zero changes in my weight.
              Thanks for that

Comment

I'm curious about that too- I haven't eaten much dairy in the last 3 years- I found it made me feel ill. Lately I've been working some into my diet and I'd love to have more of it! Greek yogurt for breakfast (would be a great alternative to eggs!).

Comment

See how you go with adding more in

Comment

I lost a lot of fat while gaining muscle eating around 150-200 g full-fat goat's/sheep's cheese and moderate amounts of butter daily. Averaged approx 2500 cals a day - I created an average calorie deficit through more daily activity.

Cutting out cow's dairy high in protein and dairy high in histamine was certainly beneficial. I rarely ate cream as that is empty calories.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I started PB in June at 192 lbs. I lost 4 pounds immediately (probably water) and then nothing for weeks. I already knew that wheat was a problem for me after doing Atkins in 2001. I never suspected that I had issues with dairy, but then I didn't feel like I ate that much of it. Well, several commenters here on MDA claimed that eliminating dairy can help women in particular lose weight, so I tried it around mid-July and it has helped me lose weight. I am now 171 pounds, my lowest weight in 20 years. I still put cream in my morning coffee but I am trying to cut that out. I also had chronic rashes on my forearms that did not go away until I dropped the cheese and yogurt. Lately I have been eating goat cheese once in a while and seem to be ok with that. I would recommend anyone struggling with weight loss on PB try giving up dairy for a month. I'm 47 years old and hope to lose another 25 pounds this year.
                      As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifla View Post
                        I started PB in June at 192 lbs. I lost 4 pounds immediately (probably water) and then nothing for weeks. I already knew that wheat was a problem for me after doing Atkins in 2001. I never suspected that I had issues with dairy, but then I didn't feel like I ate that much of it. Well, several commenters here on MDA claimed that eliminating dairy can help women in particular lose weight, so I tried it around mid-July and it has helped me lose weight. I am now 171 pounds, my lowest weight in 20 years. I still put cream in my morning coffee but I am trying to cut that out. I also had chronic rashes on my forearms that did not go away until I dropped the cheese and yogurt. Lately I have been eating goat cheese once in a while and seem to be ok with that. I would recommend anyone struggling with weight loss on PB try giving up dairy for a month. I'm 47 years old and hope to lose another 25 pounds this year.
                        Thanks for sharing your experience

Comment

Working...
                        X