Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    One of the safest ways to eat starchy carbs is white rice with cooked vegetables, and plenty of protein and fat, in an evening meal
    Funny, a while back, choco told me I should be eating my carbs WITHOUT fat. In fact, he recommended boiled chicken breast with fat and skin removed, and plain white rice. Mmmm...

That just sounds so appetizing. He said it had something to do with fat messing up satiety signals from carbs which would definitely go against what you just said which was we should include plenty of fat with our carbs.

At least get your message to be consistent, ya know?
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      The vast majority of people diagnosed with this have never even thought of trying low carb, it has nothing to do with it.
      C'mon.
      Well, I wasn't saying it was the only thing to cause it either, and certainly far from the most deleterious to our health. Antidepressants, toxic PUFA, etc etc. It doesn't help most of the advice given by modern medicine is actively trying to kill everyone.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
        Funny, a while back, choco told me I should be eating my carbs WITHOUT fat. In fact, he recommended boiled chicken breast with fat and skin removed, and plain white rice. Mmmm...

That just sounds so appetizing. He said it had something to do with fat messing up satiety signals from carbs which would definitely go against what you just said which was we should include plenty of fat with our carbs.

Yes this is what I thought too.

Comment

• And here I've been told that by simply spreading ground meat into a thin layer and adding goat cheese and onions on top, a la "meetza", I'm eating "junk" that isn't "Primal" enough Oxide...
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I found Choco's posts defensive and aggressive at first but now I have the context to understand the reason why - the resistance from low-carb fundamentalists.
            You're on a forum founded by a low-carb fundamentalist and populated by like-minded low-carb fundamentalists. Were you expecting something else?
            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              Well, I wasn't saying it was the only thing to cause it either, and certainly far from the most deleterious to our health. Antidepressants, toxic PUFA, etc etc. It doesn't help most of the advice given by modern medicine is actively trying to kill everyone.
              Truth.

That we can certainly agree on.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                You are very, very smart. I like you
                Ok, I'm gonna just go hide in the gym while you, derp, and zach do a "we found Peat" circle jerk. Some body tell me when its safe to come out of hiding

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post

Whose message - mine or choco's?

I expect that choco was recommending eating lower fat with starch and protein post-workout to maximise muscle gain by increasing the insulin spike. I would agree with that.

Obviously, context is everything - i.e. whether muscle gain or fat loss is the priority, or a slow healthy balance between the two.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                    Here's the thing for me.

I eat moderate carbs. I'm not VLC (below 50g/day). I'm more between 80 g and 150 g depending upon the day. Which is moderate. My diet is high fat, though (most calories from fat). And my protein is high -- but constant (by high, I mean above RDA numbers and %ages).

Yet, I never come off like choco.

How does that happen?

Hmmmm....one wonders

You know whats funny to me is I eat probably close to as many carbs as you, but I'm likely considered one of the low carb fundamentalists around here. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxide View Post
                      You're on a forum founded by a low-carb fundamentalist and populated by like-minded low-carb fundamentalists. Were you expecting something else?
                      I doubt that Mark would describe himself as a low-carb fundamentalist.

It's not populated by low-carb fundamentalists. There's an attempt by low-carb fundamentalists to dominate the forum. That tends to be what causes the more rational, balanced, empathetic posters who aren't completely up their own arses to go elsewhere.
                      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• lol
                        Last edited by PrimalOzzie; 10-02-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I doubt that Mark would describe himself as a low-carb fundamentalist. Agreed.

It's not populated by low-carb fundamentalists. Agreed.
                          There's an attempt by low-carb fundamentalists to dominate the forum. Sorry, but I disagree. There seems to be some friction. And a tendency for anti-low carb members to be very vocal in telling members that low carb is bad andto eat starch or fruit... depending on the particular mamber.
                          That tends to be what causes the more rational, balanced, empathetic posters who aren't completely up their own arses to go elsewhere.
                          I also disagree with this last statement.
                          Burs get under saddles sometimes when members start telling other members "hey, you're doing it wrong" with the inference that "my way is the only right way" such as with Choco's posts.
                          Empathy would be respecting low carbers enough to stop telling them to eat starch.
                          Stop telling them they are jealous.
                          Stop with the shaming language that they are only low carb because they have ruined themselves.
                          The points can be made that there is damage without that stuff.
                          Empathy would be respecting all sides of the equation when people ask for help.

And giving them the hope that... Hey, after a little while low carb, where they get their issues under control, they can get back to a more normal lifestyle... including fruit and potatoes or sweet potatoes or rice if that's what they want.

It doesn't have to be all one side or all the other side all the time.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Ok, I'm gonna just go hide in the gym while you, derp, and zach do a "we found Peat" circle jerk. Some body tell me when its safe to come out of hiding
                            Well then if were doing that then you, Paleobird and Ayla are doing a carbophobe scissor fest.

Thats right, im saying your a woman.

Comment

• For Neckhammer:

List of burn centers in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                                Well then if were doing that then you, Paleobird and Ayla are doing a carbophobe scissor fest.

Thats right, im saying your a woman.
                                lol....I was bout to say at least there's chicks at my party....till I read the last bit. Touche

Comment

Working...
                                X