Are you a sugaraholic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a sugaraholic?

I've been off the blog for a while doing my own blog on the specific issues around sugar-starch addiction. If you are interested:

Sugaraholics | "A Retreat from Sweet"
    HighFatLowCarbRecipes
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

My name is Derpamix and I'm a sugaraholic...
    Make America Great Again

Comment

I never used to be too bothered by sugar, always for years craved the salty carb food, my boyfriend is a massive sugarholic..it's rubbed off on me BIG time! Is now my downfall!!
      "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

Comment

I found my sugar cravings got progressively worse as I headed to the big CHANGE, and the struggle has been truly a person battle. MDA was a huge help, since getting off the junk makes all the difference.

Sugaraholics | "A Retreat from Sweet"
        HighFatLowCarbRecipes
        WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Welcome Derpamix! You are among friends.
          WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Comment

It doesn't seem to take much for a switch from one kind of abuse to another. Like alcoholics who often will start eating terribly sweet foods when they give up the drink.
            WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Comment

I don't know, 10 bananas a day, sugaraholic?
              well then

Comment

starch addiction? good lord. calm down.

Comment

I benefit from starch while not being addicted to sugar. I have been addicted to other substances, but have never been addicted to the poison that is sugar.

Does anyone else here have a rudimentary understanding of what carbohydrates actually are?
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I'm addicted to food. Really, I'm not sure I could live without it.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I consider myself a sugar addict. Though it has been better since doing the Whole 30.

Comment

Sugarholism was first discovered in the 60's...be strong!

Comment

The only time I felt as though I was becoming a sugar addict was when I tried elminating it almost completely. Now that I don't, it's just another taste sensation I enjoy like bitterness, sourness, saltiness etc. I'd imagine if I ever tried to restrict salt or fat I'd have the same experience.

Comment

Yeah oh my god do I love sugar and everything that contains it!! After 3 weeks of eating clean I broke the other night and put a ton of junk away, back to clean eating now, not gonna put myself in temptations way for as long as I can again!

Comment

I'm a total sugar addict. I've yet to go more than 4 days on a strict no added sugar diet . . . even though I know I should. But that just shows the depth of my addiction. Hoping a Whole 30 will help, but I cheated on my 21 Day Sugar Detox, so who knows. 4 days seems to be about my limit. (Granted I cheated with dark chocolate - so not terrible in the grand scheme of things)
                              Healthy Bucket List:
                              • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                              • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                              • Do a real pull-up
                              • Run a 5k
                              • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X