Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any negatives to broiling steaks on aluminum foil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any negatives to broiling steaks on aluminum foil?

I hate cleaning pans and was wondering if it is bad to broil steaks in the oven on aluminum foil? The taste is fine to me, just asking about health issues.

*Shrug* Aluminum is toxic but I use it as well for the same purpose. I avoid using aluminum pots and pans for cooking however in favor of stainless steel. But since they don't sell SS foil at the store, I use aluminum. I just try to minimize my exposure. Your alternative is probably going to be some version of non-stick, which is even worse.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
      *Shrug* Aluminum is toxic but I use it as well for the same purpose. I avoid using aluminum pots and pans for cooking however in favor of stainless steel. But since they don't sell SS foil at the store, I use aluminum. I just try to minimize my exposure. Your alternative is probably going to be some version of non-stick, which is even worse.
      Cast iron is good

Comment

Try using a cast iron skillet. If you don't own one, BUY ONE!!!! So worth it.

For Steak... (in my opinion, best way to cook a steak)

Preheat oven to 400
        Put skillet on the stove with high heat.
        season both sides of the steak (my preference just black pepper)
        Sear one side of the steak until brown... shouldnt take very long
        flip and immedietly throw in the oven.
        depending on the cut, size, and desired temp check steak after at least 5 mins.

Comment

My guess on the negatives would be - yes.
          I like to grill vegetables and mushrooms on a makeshift aluminum foil pan. It's just so easy.

Comment

Working...
          X