Lower (carb) the better (for me)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dignan View Post
    Dry red wine has been my one cheat, and will remain so as long as I keep making progress.
    Last year, when I first attempted to run with the Primal lifestyle (and succeeded for about 4 months), I picked up a glucose meter and obsessively tested/measured the impact of different foods. One evening I drank a whole bottle of red wine (For Science!) and it did not change my glucose readings at all.
    YMMV of course.
    Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    LOL. I like to have a glass or two of dry red wine for science every night. If I keep my overall carbs low enough, it doesn't seem to stop my weight loss.
    I used to like my Pinot Noir but I've given it up and I feel a lot better without it (even if it was only an occasional treat). The problem with alcohol is that the liver metabolizes it differently from other carbs or general calories. Alcohol is treated as a toxin and so is bumped to the head of the line for breakdown and clearing out by your liver. While it is doing that, however, the other things you ate (like your dinner) get put into storage (i.e.the thighs).

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      I'm looking forward to reading this. I have to download the kindle app. Then download the book.

Comment

Ah, a voice of reason.

Nutrition is about what works for you. Some people do VERY well on a high carb diet. On the other hand, some people do much better on a lower carb intake.

Eat and let them eat (real food), am I right?
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
          Ah, a voice of reason.

Nutrition is about what works for you. Some people do VERY well on a high carb diet. On the other hand, some people do much better on a lower carb intake.

Eat and let them eat (real food), am I right?
          Real food for everyone...
          Macros are, and always will be, individual.

Amen!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
          X