Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    simple disagreement is not the issue at hand
    Agree; let’s make it personal – arguments are overrated anyway! Personally I am ready to meet anybody from the ketosis camp in bare knuckled fights anytime…
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
      Agree; let’s make it personal – arguments are overrated anyway! Personally I am ready to meet anybody from the ketosis camp in bare knuckled fights anytime…
      diet coke sucks dirty balls

and since i'll be ruler, yerba mate will be referred to as tea and, hence, be the first to go
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

and since i'll be ruler, yerba mate will be referred to as tea and, hence, be the first to go
        Well, if you're prepared to have the majority of South America up in arms at you.

I once called mate "tea" when I first started drinking it and the elderly South American who was introducing it to me actually tried to backhand me for saying that. I barely dodged and learned calling it tea is akin to blasphemy on their native culture to a good number of them.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

simple disagreement is not the issue at hand
          so what IS the issue that keeps her insulting people then? Is it some perceived notion that I, or some other person, hate her? I seriously cannot fathom why she keeps passive aggressively (and some times directly) dissing people. It's kind of absurd.
          JOURNAL..
          @BabesWithBBQ.
          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
          Professional Style Website.
          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• i should be fine, that mexico border wall is coming along nicely
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
              so what IS the issue that keeps her insulting people then? Is it some perceived notion that I, or some other person, hate her? I seriously cannot fathom why she keeps passive aggressively (and some times directly) dissing people. It's kind of absurd.
              this is just my opinion, and i may be wrong, but i'm never wrong even when i am, but sometimes some people just rub each other the wrong way

like petting a cat against the grain

maybe if it was just differences of opinion the whole of mda would be bffs but attitudes, personal opinions and debate styles come into play
              beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• The only reason you only have 2500+ posts is that your first ID got accidentally deleted. LOL. I don't hold a grudge. I think you're hilarious.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  The only reason you only have 2500+ posts is that your first ID got accidentally deleted. LOL. I don't hold a grudge. I think you're hilarious.
                  My first id isn't deleted. It is reinstated. I just use this one now to prevent confusion.

Every other post you make on the main forum is some passive aggressive stab at someone (not always at me of course, I am not THAT conceited to think it is all about me). I try to ignore it... But it's there. I just honestly don't understand the effort you take to be negative... When I don't find you a mean person at heart. This is why I think you must have some sort of grudge. Grudge at life? Grudge at people? Who knows.

You seem to think there is some unified force of high carbers and "young uns" hating on low carb older folks or something... When I (and probably other high carbers) could care less what peeps eat, and I have zero idea why you would think anyone hates older people or their opinions. I certainly don't.

There is no carb vs fat war (that's so 2013), or young people vs old people war... And yet you and a few other ladies seem to think there is.

I can cite examples of your attacks, but you should know what I am talking about.
                  Last edited by TQP; 04-21-2014, 11:01 PM.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                  Professional Style Website.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• 2522 over 4 months ~ 630 posts per month.

6586 over 21 months ~ 313 posts per month. Still want to talk noisy?

Every other post you make on the main forum is some passive aggressive stab at someone (not always at me of course, I am not THAT conceited to think it is all about me). I try to ignore it... But it's there.
                    Prove it. Here or in PM, I don't care. Don't just spout lies about me, prove it.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Could you guys knock it off with the interpersonal stuff, at least in a thread intended for a specific topic?

I read through this thread today and was remembering that back when I first switched to Paleo meat was one of the few things I could digest happily. My psoriasis has been flaring up rather badly again lately, and I've been thinking about going back to more meat. Anyone have any thoughts about a mostly-meat diet and autoimmune disease?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinner42 View Post
                        Could you guys knock it off with the interpersonal stuff, at least in a thread intended for a specific topic?
                        For real, take it to the PMs please. It's a waste of space for everyone else =\.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

I read through this thread today and was remembering that back when I first switched to Paleo meat was one of the few things I could digest happily. My psoriasis has been flaring up rather badly again lately, and I've been thinking about going back to more meat. Anyone have any thoughts about a mostly-meat diet and autoimmune disease?
                          I don't think it would hurt, but for me personally, everything I've read leans towards supporting gut flora health first and foremost. I'd be looking into probiotic/resistant starch angle first. I personally find a low carb diet really unsustainable for my energy needs and overall happiness.

And don't forget to cut out dairy, that can be a key culprit for skin conditions.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• I think I'm actually allergic to eggs. Over time, I get a rash. If I cut back the rash goes away. So lately I eat one egg instead of 3 or 4 and the rash is gone. Eggs are another place to look if you have skin problems.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              I think I'm actually allergic to eggs. Over time, I get a rash. If I cut back the rash goes away. So lately I eat one egg instead of 3 or 4 and the rash is gone. Eggs are another place to look if you have skin problems.
                              Thanks to both you and namelesswonder for your replies. I am dairy-free, and I only eat my mother's pastured eggs, who have soy and wheat-free food in addition to all the bugs and greens. I think conventional eggs often upset my stomach. Sigh. It gets tiresome and I know a lot of people are in far more difficult situations. Oh and yes, too little carbs and my sleep quality decreases, which certainly doesn't help any chronic condition!

I guess I was really wondering if people think anything about a mostly-meat diet would actively be bad for autoimmune conditions...

I'm grateful for your replies

Comment

I guess I was really wondering if people think anything about a mostly-meat diet would actively be bad for autoimmune conditions...

I'm grateful for your replies

I think it depends on the type of autoimmune condition. I have autoimmune hypothyroid and for me a mostly meat diet would not be good, I need some carbs. Nameless makes a good point about prebiotic and gut flora I think that is key to most autoimmune conditions.

One thing a mostly meat diet would do is remove a lot of the things that trigger an allergic reaction so in that sense it could be beneficial.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X