No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of the people who still just follow the plan (because basically it works) don't need to post in every thread and dance around. Last time I posted a poll was when the Zachettes were all doing their dance. Most people who answered the poll were still doing paleo/primal, though you couldn't tell by the posts in the forum.

A lot of noise doesn't indicate a following. It just indicates prolific posters who make a lot of noise.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by joaniel View Post
      being a douche bag is easy; being a helpful human being takes strength. This forum was made less when pbird left it. As it was made less with many others who left. To the douche bags out there, i say, i bet you are cowards in real life and use the internet to grow what you think is a pair.
      x10000

Comment

• Oh give it a rest with your passive aggressive comments Joanie. I don't understand why you have to be so grumpy 100% of the time. Brighten up.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          Pure carnivorous predators are endangered species here at MDA nowadays, almost extinct…
          Not if you were to go back and read the comments for Mark's recent blog on why we need plant foods in the diet and that was just from a few weeks ago. I would say over 75% of the comments were something along the lines of "Mark, plant foods are not necessary! Have you ever eaten liver? This is bullshit!" If it wasn't how they're unnecessary, it was about how fruits and veggies are yucky tasting and only meats and eggs taste good enough to actually eat.

Of course, they ALL took him out of context, but... That's another story.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
            Not if you were to go back and read the comments for Mark's recent blog on why we need plant foods in the diet and that was just from a few weeks ago. I would say over 75% of the comments were something along the lines of "Mark, plant foods are not necessary! Have you ever eaten liver? This is bullshit!" If it wasn't how they're unnecessary, it was about how fruits and veggies are yucky tasting and only meats and eggs taste good enough to actually eat.

Lol.

BUT THOSE ARE THE TRUE BELIEVERS.
            JOURNAL..
            @BabesWithBBQ.
            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
              Lol.

BUT THOSE ARE THE TRUE BELIEVERS.
              Even when I suggested (as Mark has many times) that drinking yerba mate, coffee, and tea as well as other plant-based brews and using spices and herbs in cooking are all legitimate ways to get plant-based nutrition I was basically told to shut it.

You'd think none of them had EVER used herbs and spices and marinades to season their meat and eggs or had a cup of tea.

OH NOES, I IS NON-MEAT BLASPHEMER!
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Mockery is the substitute for debate that the noisy ones use.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• you dirty, vegan hippie

drumroll i had no idea
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

Really? At least they make much less noise here in the forums after the carnivorous bird and her followers left the stage! I kind of miss those die hard fanatics a bit, but I believe they felt that Mark Sisson would not listen to their prayers and ban the heretics, so they left…
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Mockery is the substitute for debate that the noisy ones use.
                      That or the "No true Scottsman" fallacy. You know, whatever works.
                      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                      Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
                      End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        you dirty, vegan hippie

drumroll i had no idea
                        Think whatever you want about me. Just as long as you don't take my presious yerba mate away from me!

*clutches mate with a death grip*

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                          Really? At least they make much less noise here in the forums after the carnivorous bird and her followers left the stage! I kind of miss those die hard fanatics a bit, but I believe they felt that Mark Sisson would not listen to their prayers and ban the heretics, so they left…
                          Actually, my guess is if the actually practiced what they preached, then... Paleobird here was eating pounds more veggies than even they do.

Comment

• Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Mockery is the substitute for debate that the noisy ones use.
                            Which is why you personally insult people who disagree with you and carry a grudge 24/7.

Also... 6000+ posts yourself, so you're not exactly not noisy...
                            JOURNAL..
                            @BabesWithBBQ.
                            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Think whatever you want about me. Just as long as you don't take my presious yerba mate away from me!

*clutches mate with a death grip*
                              when i'm ruler of the world, tea will be the first to go!

Originally posted by TQP View Post
                              Which is why you personally insult people who disagree with you and carry a grudge 24/7.

Also... 6000+ posts yourself, so you're not exactly not noisy...
                              simple disagreement is not the issue at hand
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                when i'm ruler of the world, tea will be the first to go!
                                That's fine, because mate is not a tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X