Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    I guess lots of people have heard their great-grandparents talking about somebody who opened a pressure cooker that was still pressurized, back in the 40's.

I love programmable electric pressure cookers. Unfortunately they seem to be good for about a year before they die.
    Ah, yes, probably that plus they kind of sound like an angry dragon about to bite someone's head off.

Programmable and electric sounds civilized. Anybody got any good brand suggestions from personal experience for a pressure cooker?

Comment

• This one: Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6.33-Quart: Kitchen & Dining seems to be highly rated. It is currently sitting in my shopping cart.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        This one: Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6.33-Quart: Kitchen & Dining seems to be highly rated. It is currently sitting in my shopping cart.
        Oooh that looks nice. You can saute the meat then change to lower heat. Now, when I do a pot roast I brown it first and then put it in the slow cooker. This would save getting another pan dirty. Also that timer delay thing is cool. You could go away for a day or two and leave a partially thawed roast in the pot and come home to fully prepared dinner.

ETA: Just looked on the Instant POt website and they also have the IP-LUX50 which is the same as the IP-LUX 60 except a bit smaller. 5 liters instead of 6. Good for those of us who are not feeding a whole clan.
        Last edited by Paleobird; 05-23-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Are you still eating moar fat??
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I seem to have settled in to about 40% of my calories from protein, 35% from fat, and 25% from carbs. That can vary wildly from one day to the next, but tracking over more than 30 days seems to bring me very close to those ratios.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• So is the ultimate goal here to get cancer and be riddled with chronic disease?

Can't think of any other reason why one would adopt a diet like this....

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsbran View Post
                So is the ultimate goal here to get cancer and be riddled with chronic disease?

Because it is our understanding 'round here that the low fat, high carb diet that America has been following for the past 30 years is a total failure.

May I ask what your particular concerns are?
                What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

Such a callous comment can only come from someone in Hollywood. Figures. Go suck on a turnip.
                  "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Being a douche bag is easy; being a helpful human being takes strength. This forum was made less when Pbird left it. As it was made less with many others who left. To the douche bags out there, I say, I bet you are cowards in real life and use the internet to grow what you think is a pair.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• It's unfortunate that they're gone. I'm really curious and have many questions for them revolving this!
                      [ The Path of Healing Journal. ]

"Live in each season as it passes;
                      breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
                      and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by gdot View Post
                        Because it is our understanding 'round here that the low fat, high carb diet that America has been following for the past 30 years is a total failure.

May I ask what your particular concerns are?
                        America following a low fat diet?? Hahaahahahah

Comment

• Pure carnivorous predators are endangered species here at MDA nowadays, almost extinct…
                          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• I'm still keto (!! -- 1.5+ years in). I occasionally indulge in salads or (when eating out) steamed veggies. They're relatively benign, after all. I just don't expect any real nutrition from them, so I'm not disappointed. (Bear in mind - plants are built of cells, whose walls - unlike the cell walls of animal cells - are made of cellulose ... and humans don't make cellulase. I don't need to feed gut bacteria just so I can have gut bacteria digesting the indigestible for me. I don't have to eat the indigestible.)

I do eat organs () several times per week ... in the form of eggs, containing all the nutrients needed to build that chicken liver that's so nutritious. Dairy doesn't bother me, so I have heavy cream and cheese nearly daily.

I am still doing a slow body recomposition, based mostly on diet, given my insane work schedule (LAST WEEK !!! NEW JOB STARTS MONDAY !!!) and intermittent exercise. Through it all, my mental energy is steady as a rock.

NK works - don't need Resistant Starch, either. I don't dispute it may have therapeutic value for others. Just not for me.

Comment

meat gives you cancer?

tell me more of this, for i am riddled with curiosity
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Annlee View Post
                                I'm still keto (!! -- 1.5+ years in). I occasionally indulge in salads or (when eating out) steamed veggies. They're relatively benign, after all. I just don't expect any real nutrition from them, so I'm not disappointed. (Bear in mind - plants are built of cells, whose walls - unlike the cell walls of animal cells - are made of cellulose ... and humans don't make cellulase. I don't need to feed gut bacteria just so I can have gut bacteria digesting the indigestible for me. I don't have to eat the indigestible.)

I do eat organs () several times per week ... in the form of eggs, containing all the nutrients needed to build that chicken liver that's so nutritious. Dairy doesn't bother me, so I have heavy cream and cheese nearly daily.

I am still doing a slow body recomposition, based mostly on diet, given my insane work schedule (LAST WEEK !!! NEW JOB STARTS MONDAY !!!) and intermittent exercise. Through it all, my mental energy is steady as a rock.

NK works - don't need Resistant Starch, either. I don't dispute it may have therapeutic value for others. Just not for me.
                                Cows ONLY eat grass (and other plants)...and they can't digest cellulose without bacteria either... so not sure what your point is? We shouldn't eat plants because we don't have a way to digest plants minus gut flora? :-O

Not saying you can't do ketosis, just curious as to your reasoning behind it all...
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                                Professional Style Website.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X