No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The science" can be tortured enough so it will say whatever someone with an agenda wants it to say. The ONLY thing that counts is what works for you.

Comment

• yeah.
      Am thinking of leaving this place. I get too worked up, and that is not good. I came here to discuss with like minded people this way of life. I don't see why people who don't give a crap about living like this get to be here causing stress to those of us whos lives have been saved by changing to eating this way.

Comment

• Ayla,

The main thing is to avoid the people who bother you. seriously, just put them on ignore for a while and you won't even read them. And, you can CHOOSE not to engage.

For a while there, I was only visiting paleobird's journal and the kiwi thread and a couple of others. It's worth taking a break (3-4 days), then constraining yourself.

Also, say your thing, and don't get involved. let those people's behavior speak for itself.

For example:

OP: I'm having trouble. I'm doing X. What do you think?

You: I think X. This is because this is my experience and what I do.

Troll: Ayla is a liar and a fool. Don't follow PB. Do this.

OP (In head): Hmm. Ayla's experience is interesting. Troll obviosuly doens't follow PB, so that's not helpful. Also, needlessly attacked Ayla. Information ignored.

Comment

• Yeah you are right, i just let things get to me too much.
          It also tells me I am spending too much time on here anyway. I should be studying and spending time with my children.
          I just hate being told what is right for me, isn't.

Comment

• All boards (except very small private boards) are basically the same. There are the really informative, helpful folks, the funny folks, the kind folks, the kinda slow folks, the arrogant folks, the quiet folks, and the s***stirrers. It seems counterproductive to leave a place just because a few people use the anonymity of the internet to bully and insult people.

That said, if someone is constantly following you online and constantly insulting your every post, then maybe mod intervention is needed. But if you let yourself get sucked into something and then get your feelings hurt, well that's on you (and me and every adult on here). Personally, I've never needed mod intervention - if a board gets that sucky, I either take a break or go away. It's only the internet, Baby.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I just made 5 pounds of liver into pate'. I don't think I'll need to worry about scurvy for a while. I added this huge can of truffles I have had sitting on the shelf for ages and the flavor came out really nice.

Comment

• Wow, I just bought 5lbs of liver. That's a LOT of liver.

I make liberal use of the ignore feature of the forum. It really does help.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Yes it is a lot. I kind of had to make the whole thing at once because it all came in one bag as part of my meat order. Two smaller bags would have been nice but now it's done and I am set.

I put oil on top of some of the containers to seal them and put them in the freezer. I will have pate for quite a while.

Comment

• you have really made me excited to try your pate PB.
                    very excited to be going to my butcher again next week (too far away to just go when I feel like it. Well I could I spose LOL)

Comment

• I can't wait to try some Pate recipes I found once I'm back home. Never been a big fan of liver, but it's probably been over 25 years since I last had it. I'll give it another chance. Maybe my tastebuds have changed quite a bit in my old age.
                      My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

• i'm all livered out after the raw lamb's liver salad but i will give myself a couple of weeks and then go eye up the organic chicken livers. if they are appealing, i will get some as i made some chicken liver pate for xmas and i had forgotten how much i liked it. yumm.

Comment

• For dinner last night: a cup of bone broth and then a huge bowl of mussels steamed with butter and garlic. Did I notice the missing veggies? No.

Several weeks ago I ground up lamb liver and beef heart along with a batch of ground beef and froze some. Had meat balls in tomato sauce that night and I think I'll make a meatloaf tonight. This is so easy.
                          Starting Weight: 197.5
                          Current Weight: 123
                          Far healthier!

Comment

• Ayla-
                            I also want to offer my support. Please do not let the arrogant young trolls upset you. It isn't worth it! You know that you are doing the best thing for your body b/c of your body's response. I've been LC since February '09 and continue to thrive.
                            Starting Weight: 197.5
                            Current Weight: 123
                            Far healthier!

Comment

• PB, you seriously, honestly, don't miss the vegetable matter? I CRAVE the plants, especially the leafy greens and fresh herbs and seaweeds. Ditto with spices, with the exception of chili peppers - burns my mouth overly much.

I really like my meats, too, including the odd bits, organs, and the fats, but I like them best with pile(s) of herbaceousness. Outside of a bunch of Inuit hearsay, I have never come across a thread like this one. Interesting, even though this isn't me.
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I definitely don't eat ZC but I'd say I'm LC. I'd be surprised if I averaged 100g/day. There are days, like today, when I'll be eating some potatoes, about 4 medium sized throughout the day - it's not a carb up or anything. I just made chicken and potatoes in the oven. I'm kind of over eating "strategically" it just doesn't go along with my nature that way. If it happens by happy coincidence then I welcome it, but planning for it would actually become annoying for me.

Whenever I get hungry, I think about protein/fat first, then grab whatever else I think may be worth including. I definitely think vegetables are worth keeping in my diet, and I enjoy all the ones I routinely eat (tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, asparagus, spinach, kale, broccoli, potatoes, cabbage) as far as fruit goes, I don't eat that much of it. I do eat a FUCKLOAD of plantains though, holy shit those things have got me. I'm working on my technique to make good "maduros," outside of that I do enjoy blueberries and strawberries quite often, apples (when I eat apple pie, don't judge me, creeps) and the occasional grapefruit. Other fruits are pretty rare.

I feel pretty awesome on this "balanced" approach so I don't see a need to change it, but I did dabble for a very short while in ZC. I didn't do it right (mostly muscle meats, never made broth, rarely ate shellfish, etc) and it lasted less than a month so not a real try. I have no real desire though, I enjoy my diet.

PB, do you think it's possible you may be experiencing Stockholm syndrome? Since you pretty much have to eat VLC due to your condition, I think it makes sense. It shouldn't matter though, and I reckon it's better to like what you have to do than hate it, right? A coworker is gluten free due to an intolerance, but she's pretty miserable about it and since she's a vegetarian (by choice) she's double fucked.
                                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X