Cholesterol readings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cholesterol readings

The following are from my first after moving to this lifestyle in late July. My LAST test showed total levels of 155, but I think my HDL was lower and my Trig. were higher. Of course the overall levels are higher because I consume quite a lot more meat and fat than I once did. I care more about the split and ratio than the overall number.

I think this is a good split, but am I reading this properly? Thanks!

--------------------------------------

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 219

TRIGLYCERIDES 57
    HDL-CHOLESTEROL 59
    LDL-CHOLESTEROL 149
    CHOL/HDLC RATIO 3.71

Yep, the ratios are what matters. And your trigs and HDL are both trending in the right direction.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

The trigs weren't bad before, but they were a bit higher, and the HDL was a bit lower. Not a large change there - the LDL is where the biggest difference is. Last year it was around 115 or so, but then again, I am eating a LOT more meat that isn't skinless boneless chicken breast.... in 2011 my trigs were 76, so they are certainly trending down - this is good!

Comment

Working...
      X