Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanadium
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
      I'm convinced!
      Huh, I am not quite convinced that you are really convinced though! As mentioned before I love my beef, but I find the evidence against consuming it too often sufficient convincing for my personal conduct, what other persons choses for their lives I don't care much about, I am a bit cynical you know...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• In addition to the Okinawans the Ikarians also raise and eat pigs. There are plenty of cultures around the world that eat pork and are healthy. I think a lot of the bias against pork is due to the horrible way pigs are raised in this country.

We are raising 2 pigs w/o corn or soy, supplementing their diet with acorns and walnuts. I've never experienced any ill effects from eating pork. Boy I can't wait to eat them, I've been been making a list of all the tasty dishes I plan on making!

Where are people buying bacon w/o sugar? I haven't been able to find any w/o sugar.
        Last edited by Urban Forager; 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          Huh, I am not quite convinced that you are really convinced though! As mentioned before I love my beef, but I find the evidence against consuming it too often sufficient convincing for my personal conduct, what other persons choses for their lives I don't care much about, I am a bit cynical you know...
          You're right. We're not convinced by your wikipedia-linking skills. We've yet to see a study that can stand up to the most basic scrutiny that demonstrates a link between health problems and the type of red meat we advocate here. We have seen accounts of people living long and healthy lives on predominantly red meat-based diets. Many of us will continue to base our diets on organs and flesh of ruminants without the slightest inkling of concern.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            You're right. We're not convinced by your wikipedia-linking skills. We've yet to see a study that can stand up to the most basic scrutiny that demonstrates a link between health problems and the type of red meat we advocate here. We have seen accounts of people living long and healthy lives on predominantly red meat-based diets. Many of us will continue to base our diets on organs and flesh of ruminants without the slightest inkling of concern.
            Sure. My grand father lived to the respectable age of 98 years and he was a heavy smoker, so no reason to be concerned about smoking then?
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Yep, that's why I stick with the wild boar cuz it's been out rooting around in the forrest instead of chowing down on soy pellets. Hard to find really pasture raised pork w/o feed supplementation like that.
              Yes, wild boars root around in the forest, however more of their diet is from rooting around in farmers soy bean Fields. Too a boar forest is like salad and the farmers soy bean field is like a dessert buffet- just food for thought.
              Raise grass fed bison all natural. trying to gage this comunity to see if their is any intrest?

Comment

Sure. My grand father lived to the respectable age of 98 years and he was a heavy smoker, so no reason to be concerned about smoking then?
                You're misinterpreting my use of the word "people." I didn't mean individuals. Read what I posted again. Debating is fine, but let's agree not to be stupid about it, eh?
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  vanadium
                  It turns bad things good and makes good things better! There's nothing it can't do!

Comment

You're misinterpreting my use of the word "people." I didn't mean individuals. Read what I posted again. Debating is fine, but let's agree not to be stupid about it, eh?
                    Alright, maybe you should tell what you mean then? And even if you can find some african tribe that seem to do well on mostly red meat, don't forget that we are not living the rest of their lifestyle, including their animals, having the same genetics etc, so you would still be wrong...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

"Debunked" by whom? Lots of evidence goes against excessive red meat consumption, also check out this to get you started:

Red meat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      By definition anything that is "excessive" is deleterious to health. That would be the very reason it is called excessive correct? Excessive water will kill you! Everyone stop drinking water!

And I refuse to read frakin wiki as a source to back up your argument. pfft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                        By definition anything that is "excessive" is deleterious to health. That would be the very reason it is called excessive correct? Excessive water will kill you! Everyone stop drinking water!
                        What is excessive depends on who you are and your lifestyle but one recommendation goes like this:

"There is suggestive evidence that red meat intake increases the risk of oesophageal, lung, pancreatic and endometrial cancer.[18] As a result, they recommend limiting intake of red meat to less than 300g (11 oz) cooked weight per week, "very little, if any of which to be processed."[26]"

So based on this study we could say that excessive for most persons would be more than one pound of red meat per week. Personally I limit myself to two pound that I normally eat in one sitting, but I woulden't eat much more than that...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Alright, maybe you should tell what you mean then? And even if you can find some african tribe that seem to do well on mostly red meat, don't forget that we are not living the rest of their lifestyle, including their animals, having the same genetics etc, so you would still be wrong...
                          I meant populations. As you allude to. So you're on a website about "The Primal Blueprint," but you don't accept that what evolution designed us for is still good for us? Or only applies if we actually go live on the Savannah? This represents a disconnect in your thought patterns, not the actual evidence.

Propose a mechanism by which clean red meat, the kind those of us on this website advocate, would cause any of the problems you're so scared of and we can debunk away.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I meant populations. As you allude to. So you're on a website about "The Primal Blueprint," but you don't accept that what evolution designed us for is still good for us? Or only applies if we actually go live on the Savannah? This represents a disconnect in your thought patterns, not the actual evidence.

Propose a mechanism by which clean red meat, the kind those of us on this website advocate, would cause any of the problems you're so scared of and we can debunk away.
                            I am not a scientist, and I don't think that science says there is a single mecanism either, but you can start by "debunking" all those scientific references from the Wiki article that I referenced to in my posting above that indicate that red meat consumption should be limited...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I am not a scientist, and I don't think that science says there is a single mecanism either, but you can start by "debunking" all those scientific references from the Wiki article that I referenced to in my posting above that indicate that red meat consumption should be limited...
                              Confounds.

I'm no scientist either, but it's not difficult to propose confounding variables. And in almost every case, sugar and/or wheat can be substituted.

Comment

Here's the MDA debunk...follow on to Denise's page for some more on it:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/will-...meat-kill-you/

Learn about the good the bad and the fraking stupid in science and how to read it ......heres a good post:

Always Be Skeptical Of Nutrition Headlines: Or, What “Red Meat Consumption and Mortality” (Pan et.al.) Really Tells Us - GNOLLS.ORG

Comment

Working...
                                X