Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What are these toxins one might expect to find in pork fat?
    Presumably Round-Up.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

    Comment


    • #17
      Aside from the obvious O6 content, it's been shown that fresh pork is actually worse for you than pork smoked, cured, etc; Those processes are antimicrobial, and PHD did several entries on pathogens between humans and pigs and how there are several infections that affect both humans and pigs.

      The Trouble With Pork, Part 3: Pathogens | Perfect Health Diet

      It's definitely very interesting and worth a read through the whole series. Presumably what the OP is getting at is this, due to the horrible treatment of these animals.
      Make America Great Again

      Comment


      • #18
        But on the up-side it's very friendly to my digestive tract. Chicken can clog me up, steak sometimes comes out a little loose, but a pound of bacon seems to digest optimally.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

        Comment


        • #19
          Sounds like some shit a commie muslim vegan would say
          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
            Sounds like some shit a commie muslim vegan would say
            The only valid response so far.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
              Sounds like some shit a commie muslim vegan would say
              YOu could say it sounded like a commie Jewish vegan. Then we could get dr anna over here and really get the party going.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                Sounds like some shit a commie muslim vegan would say
                Sure. Or a conspiracy made up by the usual nazi-jews, they just want to have all the bacon for themselves! So just relax, enjoy your daily bacon strips and a nice cup of bulletproof, and keep your shotgun ready...
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                - Schopenhauer

                Comment


                • #23
                  Weston A Price society, which is very pro-meat and fat, recommends against consumption of pork based on some red blood cell clumping studies they apparently performed. It was pretty controversial and they lost a lot of followers because of it. They claim that if you ferment the meat it is fine.

                  I am experimenting with pork elimination right now. Sad, but so far it seems to improve my energy to eliminate it. I am hoping it was co-incidence and am adding it in again as a test.
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

                  http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I've personally tried, for the past year, to avoid pork like the devil, save for bacon, which isn't the best kind anyway. I know I still have immunity/adrenal problems, and I think it might have partially to do with the type of meat I consume. I personally will begin eating pork a month from now, after my beef stash in the freezer is gone...
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

                    Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jammies View Post
                      Weston A Price society, which is very pro-meat and fat, recommends against consumption of pork based on some red blood cell clumping studies they apparently performed. It was pretty controversial and they lost a lot of followers because of it. They claim that if you ferment the meat it is fine.

                      I am experimenting with pork elimination right now. Sad, but so far it seems to improve my energy to eliminate it. I am hoping it was co-incidence and am adding it in again as a test.
                      Do you happen to have a link to that WAPF study? I would be interested to read that. I find I feel better not eating pork too. I won't turn it down if I'm at a friends house for dinner but i won't order it at a restaurant or buy it to cook at home.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        Do you happen to have a link to that WAPF study? I would be interested to read that. I find I feel better not eating pork too. I won't turn it down if I'm at a friends house for dinner but i won't order it at a restaurant or buy it to cook at home.
                        Here's the study - and I'm using the term "study" very, very loosely. But it is still interesting.

                        How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation
                        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

                        http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Do you happen to have a link to that WAPF study? I would be interested to read that. I find I feel better not eating pork too. I won't turn it down if I'm at a friends house for dinner but i won't order it at a restaurant or buy it to cook at home.
                          The WAPF study is interesting although its on a very small group, basically examining red blood cells after different variations of pork consumption. Also a weird dietary practice called RBTI uses a refractometer to check urine after eating certain foods and pork shows up every time in the form of high uric acid levels. Pork is on the No Eat list for RBTI'ers.

                          I think its interesting that after pork is consumed, it can be seen in both the blood and urine. Personally when i stopped eating it i stopped having chest tightness.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by jammies View Post
                            Here's the study - and I'm using the term "study" very, very loosely. But it is still interesting.

                            How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation
                            Thanks, Jammies. Yes, it would be nice to see this study replicated on a larger scale but it was interesting nonetheless.

                            Originally posted by Zach View Post
                            The WAPF study is interesting although its on a very small group, basically examining red blood cells after different variations of pork consumption. Also a weird dietary practice called RBTI uses a refractometer to check urine after eating certain foods and pork shows up every time in the form of high uric acid levels. Pork is on the No Eat list for RBTI'ers.

                            I think its interesting that after pork is consumed, it can be seen in both the blood and urine. Personally when i stopped eating it i stopped having chest tightness.
                            The chest tightness could be a symptom of that abnormal blood coagulation that was shown in the study. If some of that clumped up blood was trying to make it though your heart and lungs, it would feel "tight".

                            Veeeeeeeery interesting.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I've never felt even the slightest, tiniest, but of bad eating pork... And I can eat GENEROUS portions of even pork belly.
                              No tiredness, no bellyache, nothing but a smile.
                              It's DELICIOUS!

                              All you peoples are weird.
                              Oh well...
                              More pork for me.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Another one here who has never had a single issue eating pork, it's actually my favorite type of meat. Yum, pork chops, ribs, chicharrones, carnitas, pulled pork, bacon, sausage, I love them all!
                                F 45 5'5"
                                SW 177
                                CW 141

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X