Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like alcohol

and i'm okay with bacon

that is how i will eat my bacon grease
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Please explain how carbs are test depleting? Also you would have to eat fruitarian levels of fat to not get enough fat for nutrients. More fat does not equal more testosterone. Infact the body produces allthe cholestoral it needs for hormone production and i dont think bacon (which is what she reacts to) is super high in all the fat soluble vitamins.

Cori, it wasnt personal. Just like your comments to Derp wernt personal, right?
      Except that I had already remarked to Derp at that point the OJ would make my condition worse, not better.

Do try to keep up with the conversations you enter dear.

Also, remarking on a thing one likes or dislikes (oj vs pork fat) is quite different that talking smack about another's health, especially when you obviously don't understand what you are talking about in that regard.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        hey are sports primal?

i'm betting on football(nfl) so far i won 50 dollars from the 49ers game and picked the ravens(huge underdogs) in the ravens vs patriots game rly hoping they win that. they're up 14-13 going into the 4th right now
        Heck yeah sports are primal!
        Did you see dude get knocked smooth out.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Heck yeah sports are primal!
          Did you see dude get knocked smooth out.
          yeah hahaha

and ravens win! great day for me.

now for the 49ers to win the super bowl
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            Except that I had already remarked to Derp at that point the OJ would make my condition worse, not better.

Do try to keep up with the conversations you enter dear.

Also, remarking on a thing one likes or dislikes (oj vs pork fat) is quite different that talking smack about another's health, especially when you obviously don't understand what you are talking about in that regard.
            Thats why i said it... You had two posts simultaneously making fun of Derps diet and commenting on how your own health was bad.

Comment

• I just wish I had a big gob of bacon fat, it never seems to last at my house!
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Thats why i said it... You had two posts simultaneously making fun of Derps diet and commenting on how your own health was bad.
                Actually, that's how you interpreted it.

What I was saying was foods he eats are not good for me.
                Big difference.

I don't eat sodium to make my health better.
                Same with sugar.
                Just like I said.

Also... you shouldn't really advise someone to consume more of a thing if you have no idea what is wrong with them. Very irresponsible.
                Last edited by cori93437; 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM.
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Please explain how carbs are test depleting? Also you would have to eat fruitarian levels of fat to not get enough fat for nutrients. More fat does not equal more testosterone. Infact the body produces allthe cholestoral it needs for hormone production and i dont think bacon (which is what she reacts to) is super high in all the fat soluble vitamins.
                  Testosterone Decreases after Ingestion of Sugar

Glucose ingestion acutely lowe... [Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

ScienceDirect.com - Metabolism - Decreased testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate concentrations are associated with increased insulin and glucose concentrations in nondiabetic men

These articles link rapid spikes in glucose (typically administered by large doses of carbohydrates) to lower total and bioavailable testosterone levels. And where does the majority of our glucose come from for most average humans?
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    yeah hahaha

and ravens win! great day for me.

now for the 49ers to win the super bowl
                    Go 49ers!

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                      Testosterone Decreases after Ingestion of Sugar

Glucose ingestion acutely lowe... [Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

ScienceDirect.com - Metabolism - Decreased testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate concentrations are associated with increased insulin and glucose concentrations in nondiabetic men

These articles link rapid spikes in glucose (typically administered by large doses of carbohydrates) to lower total and bioavailable testosterone levels. And where does the majority of our glucose come from for most average humans?
                      They all are talking acutely. This happens for a 3 hour period after any ingested food not just glucose.

Comment

• Right, because almost anything you eat will raise glucose levels. But constantly spiked glucose levels from a constant influx of carbohydrates such as the typical SAD or high carb, low fat dieter likely consumes will compound the effect by constantly being in that "three hour period after ingesting." And the effect was greater the higher the blood glucose was spiked. So foods like fats and proteins that raise glucose typically much less than carbs would, SHOULD have a much lower effect on overall testosterone levels.

I'm not considering it proven, by any means, but there is a lot of compelling evidence.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• I wouldn't drink orange juice unless I were starving or very dehydrated, but I ate a pound of bacon and an orange for dinner tonight. I often get big slabs of pure fat in my ends and pieces bacon, and they taste best fried on the outside for firmer texture - but they're delicious. I also like to pepper them and use turmeric, other herbs for variety, but they're good plain, too!

Yes, orange juice tastes good, but I'd rather eat an orange and some bacon than spike my blood sugar like that!

Was my first bite of pure fat daunting? A little. After a few chews, though, I knew I'd made a great discovery. Fat is good!

Put down the muffins, Derpy!
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Reading this thread is making me want bacon.

I'm also slightly hungover, and IIRC, bacon grease eases symptoms of overdrinking.

WIN WIN. I NEEDZ ME MAH BACON.

I'll be in the kitchen.
                            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Going to the gym fasted right now.....bacon is already thawed for my post work out gorge

Comment

• Baconfat post work out? Hmm, I guess it may be possible to cherry-pick a study to back that up as well…
                                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X