Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"our bodies attack pork as a virus"....where does this come from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm jumping in on the conversation...but asking a question - i seem to break out whenever I eat bacon, does anyone else experience this? I grew up eating bacon, I love the taste, but no longer eat it because i saw that I broke out everytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiks View Post
      i'm jumping in on the conversation...but asking a question - i seem to break out whenever I eat bacon, does anyone else experience this? I grew up eating bacon, I love the taste, but no longer eat it because i saw that I broke out everytime.
      What kind of bacon are you eating? Cured, uncured, nitrates from celery salt, or just your regular old bacon? Could be a nitrate-response. If you eat other cured meats, like pepperoni, that would be a good test.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• I did some deep self introspection last night in regards to my feelings about bacon.

I came to this conclusion:

Comment

• guess I'll be passing on breakfast this morning

Make America Great Again

Comment

• man up!
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              man up!
              Seriously... just chug your quart of OJ and get over it.

Which would make me hurl.
              And also cause me to spend the the next two days in bed on extra medication, but whatever.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• does he chug fresh oj or store bought oj? cause the news said that store bought oj was kept in a tank for a year then flavored with, essentially, tang

i liked tang as a kid
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  does he chug fresh oj or store bought oj? cause the news said that store bought oj was kept in a tank for a year then flavored with, essentially, tang

i liked tang as a kid
                  My bet is it's store bought OJ.
                  I he should have a bag of gummy bears with it, to remind him of the texture of chewing on the half cooked pork/bacon fat.
                  Even though I hate it when people cook teh bacon that way.

I likes mine crispy!
                  When I get to eat it. Damned sodium issues. *shakes fist*

The astronauts got Tang when we were kids...
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    My bet is it's store bought OJ.
                    I he should have a bag of gummy bears with it, to remind him of the texture of chewing on the half cooked pork/bacon fat.
                    Even though I hate it when people cook teh bacon that way.

I likes mine crispy!
                    When I get to eat it. Damned sodium issues. *shakes fist*

The astronauts got Tang when we were kids...
                    Cori, just buy some pork belly and cut it into strips and fry it like you would bacon. It's the part of the pig bacon is typically made from, so boom, saltless bacon.
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Sugar free Tang is yummy! Not that I would ever drink an artificially sweetened beverage.... (yeah, right)
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I press my own oj if you're that curious
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Pork made me lose my job, and my wife.

Damn pork.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiks View Post
                            i'm jumping in on the conversation...but asking a question - i seem to break out whenever I eat bacon, does anyone else experience this? I grew up eating bacon, I love the taste, but no longer eat it because i saw that I broke out everytime.
                            Saturated and monounsaturated fats are the fats that your body needs to make testosterone. High testosterone is linked to acne. This may not be a bad thing, but actually a sign that your hormone levels are healthy.
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              Cori, just buy some pork belly and cut it into strips and fry it like you would bacon. It's the part of the pig bacon is typically made from, so boom, saltless bacon.
                              I know.

I just need to hate on missing salt every once in a while.
                              I get both whole and thin sliced pork belly.
                              LOVE IT!
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                I know.

I just need to hate on missing salt every once in a while.
                                I get both whole and thin sliced pork belly.
                                LOVE IT!
                                These days, I rarely add salt (well, sodium) to anything I cook. I get plenty from the fermented veggies I eat and that's about the only way I consume it.

Although, have you tried the potassium-based salt replacement products? They really do taste like salt! And since we could ALL stand to increase our potassium intake...

Comment

Working...
                                X